Skillpoints Expire?

Worse.

“You have until next downtime.”

1 Like

CCP is terrorists.

It’s just marketing bollocks…

1 Like

Or, do log in and your Titan/Super will lose 50% EHP anyway. No matter how you spin it, you will lose :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I suspect they mean any skill point awards that you have claimed into your Item Rewards queue, but have not yet redeemed onto a character. Most points received that way to indeed have timers on the bottom of them showing when they expire.

Thing is, they’re sending this mail to people with no SP in their item rewards queue and telling them to claim them or lose them. The implication in that situation is that you’ll lose the banked SP on your character.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Re: nothing we can do about it

People seemed to be hostile to any monetization ideas I posted in the Player Features & Ideas forum. The thing is that companies are ROI driven, and they cannot ignore market trends. There must be some sort of ROI-friendly compromise that will allow EVE to retain what makes it special. My concern is whether or not people are open to trying to figure out what that compromise is.

Yeah? Then how about just playing the game properly so that more players join and pay subscriptions? They don’t want to do that and will stay with minimal effort while milking out the players.

RMC made me curious enough to actually log in.

Woot! 5,000,300. 36 days, lol. (Don’t spend it all in one place)

I can see no way to separate any banked skill, but this toon is alpha so I probably don’t get free skill.

I’m sub’d, that’s my ROI. And that should be, and will be, enough.

What some of us see in so-called monetization is an increase of R by lowering the I with any new initiatives in the $ stores, a lowering of accessability and an increased inequality. And before you go there, alpha = demo.

1 Like

@Wadiest_Yong
I am not thinking about Alpha at all. I am thinking about the suits who are driven by financial reports and the bottom line. Even if the players and developers are happy with the status quo, the suits who pull the strings may not be able to resist the urge to change things.

In principle, I agree with everyone who just wants things to basically stay the same. In practice, I do not see that happening. Someone asserted that changes are in the works. I agree. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

I work with a few different companies. In the past ~5 years, all the “leadership” in these various companies has been taken over with people who say their plan is to triple revenue. None of them have any real, concrete set of steps to achieve that - but tripling revenues is all investors want to hear.

2 Likes

I think their talking about the unredeemed sp in the redeeming que. I have 2 injectors in there.

Edit; now have 6,200,300.

well…the easit for EvE would be to add WiS, WoP, FPS combat, Planetary invasions, and change fighters on carriers and Structures to fighters with a player pilot in them…

Welcome all the Facebook simfarmers, COD players, and Ace Combat pilots into our little universe…there you go…more people, more battles, more complications, more politics, more death and destruction…more SUBSCRIPTIONS…hmmmm, quadruple revenue?

@Xeux
The problem is that so called leadership then needs to do something. Clueless actions may even kill or injure any given company, but actions will be taken. My theory is that it is better to float somewhat palatable ideas instead passively waiting for the random madness that may otherwise spontaneously arise. Is there a somewhat sane and semi palatable path that allows revenue tripling? Or at least pretends to try?

1 Like

Usually not.

But who cares? All that matters is this quarter’s numbers. Excuses can always be made. The long term outlook only goes as far as the year-end bonus for the C-Suite.

1 Like

I just had a bunch of these e-mails all come in at the same time…

I don’t want to lose all my SP! CCP, can’t you let us pay some money to retain it? I’m sure that there are many players who would be willing to spend some cash on PLEX to keep all of the skill points that they have accumulated! Please, we’ll do anything, just give us a chance! :anguished:

1 Like

The idea that the F2P crowd and the Subscription crowd can compromise is complete fantasy, unfortunately. They are two distinct groups with irreconcilable differences. One understands and gains entertainment from investing time and effort into a rewarding task, and derives enjoyment from that, the other thinks the entire world should be presented to them on a gold plate because they managed to dress themselves without their mothers help.

The problem with the game industry today is that the latter group is also more prone to pulling out their credit card and buying a new shiny item without considering that they need to pay rent. All they care about is instant gratification.

People who have their money invested into games do not even know they are invested into games. They pay a broker to do all that work for them, and the brokers only care about numbers and the bottom line: ROI. They don’t care about whether or not you enjoy a game, they only care that the company that runs the game got you to fall into the average player purchasing pattern.

The first thing players need to get over is their self importance. Outside of personal relationships that may be developed over time (which can be considered an outlier), you (general player reference) don’t mean ■■■■ to the companies that run the game. You are a number, and even if you log in every day, do your daily tedium tasks, and pull out your credit card when they want you to like some modern Pavlov’s dog, you mean absolutely zero to the people who run the companies.

Sure, they throw up a facade of rewards and recognition here and there. Enough to keep the average players fooled into thinking that they care, but the only thing they care about is money.

Eve is likely being transformed into something few veterans will like, and as Xeux pointed out, there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

The only thing a person can do about it is more for their own peace of mind. One can quit, or one can simply make the best of it while it lasts. Fighting it, however, is a waste of energy.

If you like ganking, then gank. Don’t fight it if/when they come to take ganking out of the game and sacrifice it on the alter of ROI.
If you like mining, then mine. Dont’ fight it if/when they decide that ganking should be a standard practice because it improves the ROI
If you like null-sec wars, then enjoy them. Make the amazing videos of the battles that the game is known for so the rest of us can see them in real time thanks to video editing.
If you like low-sec hunting and faction warfare, make the best of it and hope they don’t decide to change it because some study shows that F2P players don’t like gate camps or something like that.
If you like PI… uh… I got nothing.

3 Likes

Oh hey - like the airlines with my airmiles! Great idea :slight_smile: