Skillpoints Expire?

Stop! They want you to think like that, dont be afraid, they have no power over you. SP is only a tool to enslave your mind. Abandon the thoughjt to pursue the highest level.

You are already powerfull enough. You only have to believe in yourself. :woman_mage:

i just had a thought… if someone is truly afraid of losing unallocated SP …get some skill extractors and start hoarding.

But where could you store them that would be safe??

I’ll keep them safe. I’ll even pay the contract fee for you and pick them up in your home station.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Other games have much more robust monetization models. Suggestions have been made on improving EVE’s model in the past - this fails on 3 fronts:

• It is hard for CCP to separate the nuggets of useful, workable ideas in forums from the thunder of bad ideas. This is doubly hard since CCP has no one working to gather useable ideas from the forums (such as an ISD team) and even if they did, they’ve been deaf to player ideas for so long that they wouldn’t know what to do with them.

• CCP no longer appears to have a decent bench of software developers. For a decade now they’ve been mostly limiting themselves to tweaks and small changes. Tossing out the oft-repeated “can’t touch the legacy code, for reasons”.

• CCP seems to have little understanding of marketing or of customer relations. Despite repeated marketing and PR fiascoes, they steadfastly refuse to budge from their tritanium tower and hire (or listen to) anyone who understands marketing game features to their audience.

Given these issues, you get repeated prodding of the player base with “sign-in incentives” which have become more and more constant in order to prop up declining numbers. The best case scenario for increasing numbers is “make the game more worthy of playing and paying for” rather than “the current quarters’ marketing tweak”.

3 Likes

If they did, I’d definitely unsub.

I seemed to have figured it out and got 1,200,00 more sp in the bank! :grinning:

I hope you got 11% off!

Nope, got them with one click. :stuck_out_tongue:

This seems suspicious. Nothing in Eve is one click.

1 Like

The US does not have a president at present.

Seen nothing but that in my entire career: new Suits, talks about and projections of double digit growth goals. Of course it doesn’t happen like that, unless you make a move to access new markets and a new clientele. Then these Suits get replaced by new Suits who promise the exact same thing, because as you know, stock market and investors respond to promises, usually unhampered by any inside information not coming from those suits, any relevant technical knowledge or long term vision.
And, when you work in a part of industry where the development time for a new product is at least twice that of the Suits’ time in office, you can be sure of serious problems, including dropping existing development projects because of entirely new, mostly irrelevant visions.

Funnily enough, said double digit growth rarely occurs without launching an entirely new product or by boosting the portfolio by acquisition of another company and its portfolio.

Squeezing already existing customers for more revenue is not the way to improve ROI. And adding extra monetization (yes, thinking of the sp bundles) does not bring in new customers with a brand loyalty longer than a few months.

Now, there’s nothing essentially wrong with a mailing to unsub’d former players. In fact it’s good business sense, easy, and not more intrusive than say silly ads on any webpage. You can always put the sender on the spam list.

1 Like

Once again CCP ignores its own forums whilst delivering information on a 3rd-party system (Reddit)…

level 1

CCP_Aurora
CCP Games
156 points ·
12 hours ago

Sorry everyone - turns out the system we use to check the accounts and only send these mails to relevant players isn’t working as it should. We’re looking into it now, so hopefully we don’t send you more junk mail in the future.

…and once again we have to ask - what’s the point of these forums ? Are they here simply as an echo chamber so CCP can stick their fingers in their ears whilst saying “la la la I can’t hear you” ?

I love the game, I even quite like the support systems - but this official interface with the players is utterly useless.

6 Likes

This website helps a little bit in keeping track: https://devtrackers.gg/eveonline but has delays and is rarely complete.

It’s probably a rethorical question, but …

Ignoring the beneficial social aspects, it’s because it’s a place for people to complain, which is an important part of handling your customers. Without such a place, people would start sending e-mails to the company directly, or flooding customer support.

2 Likes

Ive already said it before:

Try to get me to come back with a good deal: Do this

Send me an inaccurate begging letter: Dont do this.

What is happening over there?

4 Likes

Well, 2 clicks if you count opening the que. :wink:

Open queue.
Redeem items (if you don’t want to redeem all the items then you have to click each item separately).
Do you wish to proceed.
At least three clicks, just to redeem them.

Plus it takes a couple of clicks every day to accumulate the daily rewards. So, probably a hundred more clicks there.

For all the clicking I do in the game, the one extra click is worth the effort. Especially since I had unclaimed sp in all 4 accts.

Or do what they do now. Flood third party social media sites with their whiny, entitled ■■■■■■■■.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes