Skillpoints Expire?

CCP clarification:

3 Likes

Why does CCP even have the forums?

8 Likes

No idea.

I forwarded the message back to customer support and reported it as a spam phishing attempt and expressed my desire that they would “handle it”.

I submitted a support request about it. I hope the other 33,400 online players do too.

Twitter marked the posts of the USA president as untrusty. Twitter = EVE Reddit. :smiley:

Twitter is for the human/goldfish hybrids that don’t need to think back more than a few minutes into the past.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The same is TikTok - a tool to shut down human brain.

1 Like

Uff. TikTok.

I can’t even stand Discord. Most of this new technology seems like regression.

1 Like

They got you to login, gj pumping the numbers for the masters at PA :slight_smile:

On one of the 22 accts I already log on every day for the stupid daily “rewards”. No number pumping.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

From CCP Aurora’s comment on the not-owned-by-CCP Eve Forum: “Sorry everyone - turns out the system we use to check the accounts and only send these mails to relevant players isn’t working as it should. We’re looking into it now,”

Seems to be a pattern.

[generic greeting here]. We are aware of the problem with [latest debacle here], and it’s not functioning the way we intended. We are looking into it.

3 Likes

And that is exactly what is going on.

The people who truly love this game need to wake up, if they haven’t already, and realize that PA has it in their minds to replace the sandbox with something radically different (and, of course, much more ROI friendly).

If you enjoy PvP, ganking, and all the “cold, harsh” things that make Eve what it is, you’d better wake up and realize that those things are potentially on the chopping block for a few dollars more from carebear whales.

1 Like

And what? There is nothing we can do about it.

I kicked the rewards habit, it was not easy :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t know that “nothing” can be done about it. It may be too late. The companies get pretty bold when they’ve got their financial road map “in the bag”. The only way the players can make a difference would require the major null-sec alliances to basically convince 98% of their members to un-sub and stop playing the game for a period of half a year.

It may be too late for even something as fanciful as that to have an effect though.

(edit: yes, I’m suggesting that the players kill Eve instead of letting PA transform it into some theme-park cash-shop grinder that lets their executives retire in luxury based on revenues from a reputation that the veterans of this game built)

2 Likes

Another CCP mail. I put them together with nigerian prince mails.

7 Likes

I bought a Mars bar, I’ve not wanted to eat it so far. I noticed that on the packet it expires Nov 2021 so I took off the package & placed the bar on a plate. When I’m ready I will eat this never expiring Mars bar.

& alas the same is true for my expiring skill points that I have assigned to a char, may they never expire now that I have removed the label that stated when they expire.

Un-used skill points will expire eventually, they have to for the same reason Glamorx boosters got an expiry introduction. Expiry may come with plenty of warning or it may be a low key overnight decision like what happened with Glamorx boosters or maybe none at all. CCP just has no baseline in such matters and it often goes on the whim of 1/4 meetings & tick offs by senior devs. I lost around 50-75bn due to the introduction of expiry date on Glamorx. It was nice to see market dump immediately before patch note as per norm with EVE, cheers corrupt CCPr’s may you never be fired.

Non expiring Glarmox & non expiring skill points have the same issue they devalue new content. Banked skill points allow players to instantly skill into new content instead of purchasing skill injectors/extractors meaning new content will not increase $ 1/4’s for CCP which is bad. Glamorx means new content will be grind walled for new players as older players could just zip through standing grind, both presented problems for CCP & new content. I suspect the solution will be the same expiry via low key after letting the pets know, to the whiners CCP will say when we gave you them it said they expired so you should have used them.

1 Like

Says who? What next, “log in now, or your unused Gallente Battleship skill will expire!”?

CCP says so on the skill points before you redeem them. Yes CCP is fairly happy to take skills off you if you never cared to read properly, was quite annoying getting podded in the past & losing 45 days of skills. I’ve seen people get near completely skill wiped in older harsher eve losing 5 years of skill training before & 10’s of millions of skill points.

1 Like

Calm down, Ms. 10%