Skin concepts (image dump)

No I am not a professional artist, it’s just something I like doing in my spare time.
I really appreciate your kind words though <3

4 Likes

@CCP_Convict @CCP_Swift @CCP_Aurora

I don’t know the names of the guys on the art team, so I’m at’ing the community team.

Anyway, I don’t know the particulars, or if it could work for Eve. All I know is that:

1. some game devs have programs that allow players to design cosmetics, and then split the profits with them, and
  2. that this guy’s work is amazeballs.

So, like I said, I don’t know if something like that could work for Eve, but I wanted to at least bring it up. Could be a win-win. CCP makes more money, players like CPPC T’amber get rewarded for their work and get to see it in-game, and the player base gets some absolutely gorgeous skins.

1 Like

I’m not on the community team anymore but you can still feel free to include me :smile:

We completely agree that T’amber’s work is awesome - it gets shared around internally at CCP too!

A community skin project with profit sharing would be amazing, but there’s quite a bit of technical and logistical work involved in making that a reality. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen one day, because it would be amazing, but it’s not a simple lift for us to make happen in the near future at least. That said, such ideas are totally on our radar as things to work towards.

8 Likes

I never thought Mordus’ ships could actually look good in any skin. You proved me wrong. Well done.

1 Like

I would love to see some more Orca skins. Skins that change the look and feel of the ship. Not a checkered pattern or only a color that changes the boxes. These are boosting machines maybe some moving parts on it when the core is activated or graphics for when compressing is activated. I would love to see some full wraps on this machine and will pay goods money because I sit in one 10 plus hours a day.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums.

What kind of design are you thinking?

You are obviously talking about the ones with Xenuria’s head on them, right? :slight_smile:

A frying pan has never looked better. :wink:

1 Like

I was thinking something energy-related. maybe a lightning storm or power plant or even a cool circuit board feel like (Malagrin Marshlight) but without the face. we are talking about a booster ship with a large ehp that has a core that needs heavy water to spread nanites across the space to support other ships. in my opinion it’s too small for what it can fit in it. A cool effect would be some ports that open up and let out steam as the core is on. The mining barges and exhumers have moving parts shouldn’t the Orca. i would rock 2 more orcas if they looked like this (the big one) https://global.discourse-cdn.com/eveonline/original/4X/7/a/7/7a7152c992226b27a28ad3ab5b66996467950066.jpeg

I would even pay good money for skins that changed the look and feel of the ships

2 Likes

Custom geometry animations require a bit more time than I have presently, but here’s my interpretation of what you asked for, hope it is close! Might try add some electricity flowing down the lines for a warp effect tomorrow.

Sorry the video is a bit jerky haven’t managed to track down what’s causing it yet.

6 Likes

Take my credit card! That is so sick put that in-game Please. :slight_smile: you are very talented

1 Like

6 Likes

5 Likes

Evergreen. HA HA. HA. HA. HA HA HA.

You’re never gonna… you know, undock that thing through the narrow choke point of a citadel’s undock port, right?

2 Likes

Some old pics from about 10 years ago from today.

7 Likes

That looks like the character creator. Was that available in game at one time? In fact, I’ve heard that CCP discussed custom paint jobs at one time, but then abandoned the idea. Just curious if you know more about that.

They demo’d a skinning system at a fanfest years back that I assume was part of jessica (their inhouse 3d tool), but I don’t really know anything else about the topic apart from how skins works technically.

Regarding the pic, I used to do a lot of fake photoshops that looked real back then and made it look like the character creator so that was familiar to players, and totally not because I couldn’t be bothered design my own interface :3

2 Likes

7 Likes

The industrial ships with logos on them are very nice. Haulers in colours of default EVE NPC corporations were always my dream. Imperial Shipment, Caldari Provisions, Aliastra, Native Freshfood.

1 Like

5 Likes