Skin concepts (image dump)

Community SKINs, eh? Sounds like a good idea. No thanks. How about we add SKIN NFTs?

(Seriously though - I’ve been saying for ages that we need some community-created SKINs. Some of these are amazing)

3 Likes

I see you’ve definitely been busy, nice work…

3 Likes

What about corp skins or alliance skins , some process of making it like the corp logo, maybe the player who makes the skins could do them and they then get sent off to ccp for approval.

Creating group and unit identity Is an important thing , this is could be a good tool .

1 Like

Some old skins to go with a reddit request

9 Likes

All of these look absolutely stunning.

1 Like

Only noticed afterwards that one ear is a different size to the other :frowning:

7 Likes

The below furry ships are from circa 2010 or earlier and were made in 3dsmax.

6 Likes

You never fail to impress.

1 Like

Is that Fur or Hair on them ships???
Question ??
you said, About 90-95% are made with Eve Online resources only, using a basic version of CCP’s space object factory.
how does one set that up?? curious I am thanks

1 Like

Sorry I made that post without an explanation and have updated it.

I keep marvelling at how amazing Tamber’s work is.

At some point you have to stop saying how good it is because you’re simply running out of superlatives.

I don’t fly all these ships but I’d be buying all the Vexor SKINs because they’re stupid gorgeous and that’s me, I have a bad history with Vexors but man, are these SKINs awesome or what.

This is what I have been advocating for years, this kind of SKIN: a non-pay-to-win feature that people would identify with and would buy in a heartbeat.

Corporate / alliance liveries (and a feature that would prevent any non-members to buy them).

My face on the flank of the ship, hell yes!

A name for the ship I’m flying, displayed on the hull. So many ideas for making your ship your very own.

The quality of this work is out of this world. Kudos, good sir.

3 Likes

Random skins on station interiors:

7 Likes

6 Likes

Odd ship choice for James 315 :confused:

1 Like

Yeah, they’re mostly randomly picked.

5 Likes

Nice, starting to look more like Elite Dangerous ship skins. Very dayglo and pastel.

Crushed velvet wildlife camo in space really works well.

1 Like

6 Likes

This would be how you monetize, CCP. Jeebus some of these skins are insanely awesome. Though I now have to clean snot off my keyboard from that giant Xenuria head.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, are you a professional artist? Have you ever thought about applying to CCP to work as an artist? Have you ever talked to anyone at CCP about doing a profit sharing program? I don’t know the details, but I do know that other devs (such as Digital Extremes of Warframe) have such programs. So, there are ways to make it work.

Needless to say, I think you’ve made some amazing skins that I’d love to see in the game one way or another.

Also, this whole thread deserves an art themed upvote gif.

5 Likes