Solo Killmails that aren't Solo killmails

The inability to parse obvious humor most certainly is.

1 Like

It’s not about the humor.

You make a whole “joke” about how “CCP can’t handle 3rd party website”, but the problem isn’t related to a 3rd party website.

I don’t care if you try to sell it as humor, the important part is that you just had no idea what you were talking about.

You’re now three posts deep into REEEEEing about a wisecrack, get ahold of yourself, man.

And actually, on further reflection, the OP’s complaint is, in fact, about the display on the killboard itself.

He concludes:

Otherwise, it’s just another method of killboard padding.

There is no official killboard to pad . There is only third party killboards to pad.

YOUR complaint was limited to LOGI NO SHOW WHAAA, not OP’s, who I was addressing, before you jumped in with rainman’s guide to sarcasm 2020.

Well you can keep dodging as much as you want and be like “Lol Triggered”, at least now we both know your “wisecrack” was ■■■■■■■■.

Well, yeah. But the reason why the kills shows up that way in the 3rd party website is because of how they are generated in the game. It’s not something the 3rd part website can change.

But the crux of his complaint was ulimately WHAA KILBOARD PADDING (which is always going to happen in some way and is 100% not CCP’s problem to fix), so now you look like a real asshole, doncha.

No?

He rant about “fake solo kills”, and the reason why they show as solo kills is because the game generate them as solo kills.

Why should I look like an asshole, by pointing out what is the reason for his problem to exist?

An excellent analysis of the tree. Still can’t seem to see the forest, though.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok, first and foremost, you simply don’t know what you’re talking about.

“Your Solo Kills are a Dime a Dozen.” Spoken like somebody who has never stepped foot into Null, Low, or WH space for a Solo PvP roam. Get a ship and a Signal-5 Filament and solo Yeet yourself into Hostile Nullsec space. Once you do that, come back to me and tell me how it goes.

Your equating of “I put the effort and pride into the things that I do” to “I’m not proud of my Real Life” or as being indicative of me being “teenagery” is asinine ad hominem at worst and deflection at best. Get off of it. It doesn’t aid your arguments in the least.

Killboards and Killmails are meant to be snapshots of an engagement that ended in the destruction of another player’s ship that give an “At a Glance” description of events that lead to that ship’s destruction. Of course Killboards and Killmails are meant to be seen by others. That’s the whole bloody point. As they are meant to be seen by anyone and everyone, they should obviously and accurately portray how things transpired during the engagement to the degree that such a “snapshot” is capable of.

Again, as I have already stated, you are coming from the point of one who has never done it. I’ve looked at your Killboard. It’s all high sec and your last “kill” was in July. Go talk to anyone who regularly engages in Solo PvP in Low, Null, or WHs and tell them exactly what you have been saying to me. Go into the “Bringing Solo Back” chat channel and try to make these arguments. You will be laughed out of the channel. Anyone who engages in Solo PvP, where they go out, in a single ship, alone, and face off against other solo PvPers, gangs, and fleets alike, knows the level of effort, skill, and knowledge of the game’s mechanics that it takes to multitask well enough to get a kill against a single player with modest PvP skills, let alone against the aforementioned gangs and fleets.

Eve’s notoriously sharp Learning/Skill Curve isn’t attributed to Ratting, Mining, Indy, Planetary Interaction, Market PvP, or literally any other aspect of the game. It is so sharp because of the mechanics of PvP combat between players in competing ships, solo PvP in particular. No NPC (Outside things like Drifters, though overall NPC AI is getting better) or Asteroid will ever pose the kind of challenge and threat to Players that other players do.

Come back when you have any idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

They should just remove the API that expose killmail data.

Hoenstly, people need to care less about some pixel KDA and just enjoy flying around shooting ■■■■.

4 Likes

some people dont understand why some guys like me live zkill so much
the killboard is a integral part of solo pvp play style
i explained why in other topics ad nauseam
will not do it again but ill say ITS NOT FOR INTEL

1 Like

CCP did say they we’re going to try and put logi on kill mails somehow. I guess they are still trying to figure it out.

It’s true that killboard padding isn’t going to be in anyway solved by this though. My advice is to not worry so much.

Killmails are fun and i definitely enjoy sharing them, but anyone who looks at peoples killboards as a measure of their ability is setting themselves up for disappointment.

1 Like

/thread

No, it’s like the winner of a football game whining about how some third-party site isn’t posting correct statistics about the game. Who cares about that nonsense, their team won on the field and that’s all that matters.

Huh. So if a kill doesn’t appear on a killboard the ship isn’t destroyed? The winner doesn’t get to loot the wreck? Fascinating…

1 Like

Why does it matter that a solo killmail isn’t actually a solo killmail?

You still have the same intel (except you may miss the logi…) of the ship, fit, place and time of kills of your enemies and you still can look back at your own killmails to watch back every fight you’ve been in, regardless of how the kill is categorized.

Why do you need this change? And what exactly is the change you propose?

Of course not. Same as everyone knows that a falling tree in the forest doesn’t make a sound if nobody is there to hear it.

1 Like

You know … I’ve always been an elitist for a very good reason.
One of them is that I love beating on wannabes like yourself.

Yeah, mate, in my ten+ years I’ve never done anything like that at all!

Do you also only have a single character?

Thank you for admitting you’re seeking recognition and acknowledgement through your killboard.
You beat yourself with that one line and you have no idea what I’m even talking about. :smiley:

YYYYYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, never! Not once!
Hell, I actively evade especially capsules in case my ship might accidentially bump right into them!

Are you one of these loser arena players who cry “cheating”? Those who believe in their fake honour and made up fairness? There’s this vibe on you, which makes me wonder and your complaint about something so silly as a logi helping someone really makes me think you’re one of those guys.

It’s this silly idea that you’re somehow someone because of this killboard which you hide behind, further underlined by the idea that there’s something wrong with someone using an alt, or a friend, for killing you and it not showing up on your achievements killboard. This nonsensical, silly idea of made-up honour which - as you can see - gets people killed … and for very good reasons, too! :smiley:

Hahahhaahhahahaa :smiley:
You’re right, of course, using it to check on my activity.
I haven’t done that with yours, because why would I anyway! :smiley:

You’re wrong about thinking it would yield anything useful beyond what you’re seeing …
… and it doesn’t actually give you any idea about me …
… but you believe you know better anyway. :slight_smile:

See, I’m not a loser like yourself. That’s the thing. You talk about me going into that chat channel to bring arguments. In what fantasy world are you actually living in? Can you not project your shitty ideals and morals onto me, please? They’re ■■■■■■■■.

If I wanted to go in there to bring arguments about why they’re losers, then I’d go in there, write down the names and then I’d start using locator agents. In the mean time I’d be checking their killboards to figure out how to properly counter-fit against their favourite fits. Check on their whereabouts. Check their killboards daily and finding people who actually heard of you. I’ll start looking into the corporations and alliances. I’d start making a new alt and, after making sure the API looks fine, I’d be heading my first victim’s way.

It can take months …
… but that’s the ■■■■■■■ game! :smiley:

(I can cover more than one target at a time! :D)

My “arguments” are:

It bothers you when your ■■■■ explodes in an unapproved-of way …
… which means you’re a loser and extremely easy to beat.

You are easy to beat and this thread proves it!

Hell, everyone can see how obvious it is! If you hadn’t mentioned that logi pilot, no one but yourself and that other guy would have ever known! No one! You’re just so ■■■■■■■ full of yourself and it hurts your insecure, fragile ego so much, you rather cry about it in hopes of gaining support to prevent this from happening again!

Congratulations! Well done! :smiley:

Oh, unrelated:

Is your corp recruiting? :slight_smile:

Killboards working as intended!!

If people are hating on killboards, you know their kb is full of red. Haha noob.

1 Like

Yes we actually are recruiting btw, but you didn’t need that many words for your application

Fame? Recognition? A logi craves not these things.

1 Like