Solo Nullsec Hunting / Probing / Cover Ops T3 Cruiser

Greetings,

I have flown lots of ships in Eve but not T3 Cruisers. I have the skills to fly any of the races T3 Cruisers.
I would like to build a Covert Ops, Combat probing cruiser for Null / Low Sec solo hunting. With the change to Local in Nullsec this seems more viable.

Any suggestions on best ship? I am thinking either Tengu or Loki? I need to fit expensive mods or can I just got with T2 garden variety? Need implants? I do not want to have to off line mods to scan probe.
I did find some fits but not that familiar with T3.

Thanks for any help.

if it is for hunting, the most used T3cs, i see, are lokis
Now that the blackout is here, and people can’t know you are in the system, i would suggest you to NOT use combat probes, which will be seen on dscan. Rather try to find targets using dscan only and matching with combat sites
Start with t2 and no implant, you will loose some ships while you improve. Noneed to bling your fit from the first day

1 Like

The CPU req for probe launchers is nothing on a T3C so you shouldnt have to offline. Loki is typocally best because of its bonuses to web range which helps you control range.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. For Loki, better to go HAM over rails?

What? He said Loki not Tengu

Ive seen fits that fit hams?

Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Warp Scrambler II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Medium Energy Nosferatu II

Medium Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Core - Augmented Nuclear Reactor
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration

[Loki, C1C4D4 PvP]
Damage Control II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Dread Guristas Large Shield Booster
Warp Disruptor II
Domination Adaptive Invulnerability Field

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher
Heavy Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Heavy Missile
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Loki Core - Augmented Nuclear Reactor
Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter

Warrior II x5

I use this as an all rounder, when things get slow I can do most of the more difficult DED sites without a refit. A little slow but fun. 100mn to get out of trouble. HAMS are better but this is more of an all-rounder.

Ps Neut doesn’t get used so that slot has many options.

No I meant rails, you said rails and I was like uhhhhh

Ahh. Got ya.
I have seen some rail fits though DPS just seemed ok.

Loki probably has the widest engagement profile due to its awesome range control and ability to change weapon damage type.

But the Legion is great vs other T3Cs and active-tanked ratters due to its neuting bonus. If you’re hunting T3Cs, I’d go with the Legion, otherwise the Loki.

A polarised blaster Proteus is the most fun, though.

1 Like

And the 55km double-web arty loki mmmh??

Can you link a fit to that? TY

My god, should I even read it to you as a bedtime story?? Which part of eveiseasy is too difficult for you to copy and paste? It is a f… youtube channel, how difficult is the internet???

The only advice I will give you is don’t build a Proteus. Otherwise, carry on.

1 Like

Im only 14mill SP and fly a Loki. I was jumped by a Wingspan Vet in a Proteus. I was able to align and attack until he burnt out all his kit. As the fight went for about 4 minutes I flew off without finishing him off and messaged him saying *GF. Enough said about how amazing the Loki is. Im a noob and I survived a Wingspan gank from a Proteus… Loki is amazing

1 Like

I have flown a very similar fit for a long time with a mid-grade Crystal set. The difference is that I used blingier mods for more tackle range and speed.
The tank is okay but far from very good even with the implants, so you won’t do “look mum, I’m tanking this whole gang” videos with it. It is able to tank other cruisers, battlecruisers, maybe solo battleships that doesn’t apply perfectly too. But it is not invincible at all. Definitely use Crystals, Blue Pill and Hardshell with it.
The capacitor is okay, can even take some neuting but you can get capped out eventually. The NOS helps a lot.
The damage is good on paper. If your opponent is tackled properly and you can apply it is good for real. The selectable damage type is handy. The drones can add some extra damage or ewar too.
This Loki is a good brawler and it can shine in close range fights near wormholes and gates or in cloaky drops on ratters. On the other hand, since it only has a 10MN Afterburner you won’t be able to catch up to or escape from kiters . The AB’s speed can handle a single web, you can escape from it if needed, but getting grappled will mess you up. It is not a brainless ramming ship, some piloting is needed within scram range to do well. Plan your escape route carefully.
All in all I really liked the ship, I got 120+ kills and 26 killmarks with it in 8 months. Sadly the blingy shield boosters became really expensive during the summer, so I did not replace mine after it died to a combat fit Machariel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.