Worth to take a T3Cruiser for PvE Action?!

Hey. I try to figure out if it Worth to take a T3 Cruiser to do some Exploration or Ded/missions? (Low and NullSec only)

1 Like

Combat sites, yes … data/relic, no

1 Like

Thanks for the Answer.

Any good fit’s for a Combat Site T3?

1 Like

There are so many combinations that there is no one “good fit”.

Can you noobs ask for not “good fits”?

You have an near infinite way to fit any of them. Some combinations work better than other and you can get creative on the drawing board, which we call ship simulator.

Here is a hint, the logi subsystems are not very good at running DED complexes.

2 Likes

as helpful as Elltatwo approach is, i to like telling a man with a broken leg to just “walk it off”.

now as to making a fit that fits your application and combat site, there are a few things we need to know first, and this goes for any fit for any ship.

1 - type of combat site, DED, Anomaly, escalations or WH

2 - your skill level and comfort level of flying, (do you need to be cap stable?)

3 - What race are you strongest in? what T3 ship calls to you?

4 - do you have a budget in mind? most fleet T3 cost from 450 to 650mill. if you want something general that is a great place to start. typically a blinged (1bill plus) T3 will perform very very well and can mean the difference between finishing the site or not.

the way i typically make a fit for a t3 is by starting with a basic idea, do i want it to be a missile boat, shield, Armour, drone or combination.

once you have the basic idea of what you want and what your skills are best at. i would start the simulation by picking the sub systems. i find that is the easiest way. once you have all subsystems filled it really is just like a regular ship.

i then typically start with the high slot damage mods, then i will then put the low slot damage mods. after that depending on the power grid and cpu left i will do the tank mods, middle or low slots

after all that is done and i have the tank i want with a balance of damage mods and if need be application mods. put some rigs on that sucker to finish it off.

ship fitting is not hard if you keep your thinking simple, people get over whelmed by seeing a completely blank ship and wondering where to start. just start with the damage mods, then tank then the extras to enhance the ship.

hope it helps.

3 Likes

Oh, I forgot. No tech 3 boat can complete a DED 8 and 10/10 alone. You need a Myrmidon, an Eos or Armageddon or Dominix to run those.

Yesterday I saw a solo Tengu running a Maze … there was no other ship in the site until it completed.

3 Likes

Tengus are tough stuff - 1k+ dps with 2k+ tank. So its not a miracle

1 Like

@Tipa_Riot was giving a well-known counter-example to what @elitatwo said.
serp ded 10 is also doable in a tengu.

1 Like

And how to you shoot the tower with 5 billion hp reps in your tengu?

Wasn’t the question. And I never said they cannot tank it.

by activating your modules ?
PROTIP : activate HIGH modules.

2 Likes

There are an awful lot of good fits in this thread that you could ponder and/or try.

Solo T3s can do most DED sites. Not sure if you could pull BR 10/10 or Serpentis 6/10 without some extreme tedium.

1 Like

Hey guys thanks for ur Help. I know how to fit t3 cruiser i can fly all races with all skills at V the only issue are the weapon choices. I love rockets most i hate lazors idk why… I maxed out the heavy rocket skill and did well i think.

I stoped 1 year ago with eve now i try to come back and i love to fly t3. Most tengu and loki. After the changes i hear that the loki is now with rockets the best dps choice. Idk if its true so i asked for it. I love to mobile depot and the switch from scanning/nulified/cloaky to combat site runner. I did with my tengu the â– â– â– â–  above maze and what is possible. I have 170mio skillpoints on my main so no issue i have a loot of money so i can afford to buy and lose it. In 4 years i only lose 2 t3 ships. So i know what i can do and i know how i survive in nullsec.

What i don’t know is how to fit now a good pve t3. I do some simulations. I don’t like to be a passive tank so i tryed much with armor and shield reps. I like to be active shieldtanked. i tryed out to be passiv or armor tanked idk what now is the best. I don’t want to buy 5 variations and test it all. So don’t judge me as a noob. I wanted to hear if u guys tested it and can give me some help or inspiration.

Okay and now what im looking for.
Against Bloodraider.
Rockets i think.
Active or passiv tank idk what it can tank. I did well in a 6/10 br with shield rep. But i think i lose to much dps or is 780dps okay?! I heard tengu 1k+ dps?!

Im at work so i can’t post my loki fit. I want to try as high i can get with this ships. If i canot fly a 10/10 its fine. Im fine with 6/10 as max i want to maxout the t3.

So hope i can start a discussion with that not a give me a fitting thread.

Edit: btw if other ships u know are better for ded sites im open for all what u can let me know. I never tested around with other ships in pve aspect.

1 Like

I’ve used this against BR:

[Loki, exploration armor missiles]

Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Corpum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpum A-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Corpum A-Type Energized EM Membrane

Corelum C-Type 10MN Afterburner
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Range Script

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Assault Missile
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Salvager II

Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Medium Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Loki Core - Augmented Nuclear Reactor
Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

Infiltrator II x4

Will handle up to 7/10 fairly easily. Pushes 676 DPS from missiles with Rage, though you have to move in relatively close to make that work. The natively high EM/therm resistances make the tank relatively easy to work with. I found myself loading Javelin more than I’d like; damage isn’t great but you can at least push it out to reasonable ranges. Eats ammo like candy so haul as much as you possibly can. The hyperspatial could semi-reasonably be swapped for a cargo expander if you plan to be out awhile; I’m not even joking.

A shield fit works as well:

[Loki, exploration shield missiles v2]

Pith C-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
10MN Afterburner II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Assault Missile
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
[Empty High slot]

Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Medium Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Loki Core - Dissolution Sequencer
Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter

Large cap batteries are de rigeur these days on shield fits. This thing is slightly expensive, but you could downgrade several places and still be fine. You do lose a bit of range versus the armor fit, but this one is omnitanked so you’re not BR/Sansha locked.

If you were to consider guns, I can’t speak highly enough of the beam Legion for what you’re doing; check the links I already posted.

1 Like

Hey. At the moment i run this Loki

[Loki BR Active ShieldPvE DW-Edition]
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Thukker Large Cap Battery

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
[empty high slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Medium Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I

Loki Defensive - Adaptive Defense Node
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter
Loki Core - Augmented Nuclear Reactor

Not cheap but does the Job. Only what i hate is the Missile amount it needs for one site and the Close range. Only 21km range with Heavy Assault’s.

Now im trying this fit with Cruiser Missile. I like the cap i got two neuts cap holds if i turn of the 10mn Afterburner and cycle rep if i need it. So i think all is good but the Range and ammo usage sucks. :ice_cream_parrot:

1 Like

The test server is the place you want to go. Try all combinations you like and decide what you like best.
All items cost 100 isk, so you can try them all out.

Couple of things on that. First, I’d personally prefer the cloaky defensive sub. I’m somewhat assuming you’re running that to travel anyhow, but I’d encourage you to give it a try as an actual combat sub as well. It’s surprisingly not bad and I’ve found not swapping subs before combat to be a rather nice change. You end up losing a low and some tank bonuses but honestly the fourth CN BCU is of somewhat limited effect anyhow.

Second, I’d take another hard look at those rigs. With my skills I’m showing stable without the CCC or the safeguard. Likewise, the calefaction catalyst is adding a whopping 7 DPS with Rage, less otherwise. Swapping to something like T2 bay thrusters and rocket fuel cache partitions plus a T1 rigor might do you well and expand your effective engagement envelope quite a bit. Otherwise the classic rigor/rigor/flare setup will help quite a bit with application.

Third, double deadspace invulns seem like a waste. If you’re going to use two slots on hardeners I’d go deadspace damage-specific. That would also help on cap a bit. You could also consider a single invuln with a faction boost amp; might have to jiggle other mods to free CPU. Switching to an RF afterburner might help.

1 Like

Thanks i try it out today after work. Im a typical mobile depot user to switch the combat fit with the travel fit.

Yeah i know its over capstable im scared about the neut in some sites. But yeah ur right. It’s my first t3 after a year so im scared thats why double invu and a hard rep cap stable against neut if i fail. :joy:

1 Like

It’s just the Harbingers and Archbishops that you need to worry about anyhow and they only get you out to 30km. Which is part of why I like extra range.

Also, if you’re really worried about neuts then make sure your compensation skills are in good shape and use resistance amps instead. You can’t overheat them but it’s also one less thing to think about. A-types aren’t that expensive.

1 Like

Yes range. Thats the issue i try to solve. Yesterday i tryed out HML wit cruiser missile’s. Worked well but i think 570 dps with 1800alpha is to low it takes to much time per site. But the range from 59km with t2 and 79km with faction ammo is rly great think at this range i rly can skip the half of the tank but no idea how to get more dps out of the ship.

1 Like