T3 Destroyer for low level ded sites

I need some help to choose a T3 destroyer its fittings to use to find and run ded sites in high sec where i can’t use a cruiser or bigger ship. I don’t have missile skills so don’t tell me to use the caldari destroyers. Thx for the help!

1 Like

exercise in futility as is. 90% of 0.5-0.8 sites allow cruiser, only gurista lookout comes in mind right away. Unless you scan in 0.9 and 1.0 systems that idea is pointless, and if you do, a simple frig is better choice as it can enter 1/10 deds.
tldr: fit cruiser, be happy.

The Astero is perfect for level 1-3 DED complexes. After that a Stratios will do most DED 4/10 just fine and the is a good reason why at level 5/10 they allow battleships.

1 Like

Arty kiting Svipul is a good choice for up to 4/10. I used to run 3-4/10 in my AC PvP Svipul in lowsec, and used the Arty version in highsec for blitzing level 3 mission.

Hecate Rails Gurista/Serpentis
Confessor Beams Gurista/Sansha/Blood
Svipul Arty All
Jackdaw Lights All

I have tried them all in all racial areas and they all do well as I have labeled.

Individual results vary.

(Edit) These work on 4/10 but someone can steal your site with a Gila or Drake.

1 Like

Pretty sure all 1-4/10 spawn in all areas of highsec. its not limited in the way you describe.

OP
As for ships, 2-3/10 are pretty easy so i think just about any T3D will do them reasonably easy. Ildrara would be optimal but the jackdaw is pretty low DPS so not my recommendation .

2 Likes

Confessor beams Serpentis / Sansha / Blood Raider / Rogue Drones.

I would only shoot Guristas with beams if I had no choice.

Try it in high sec Gurista anoms. Works better than you think. Kills Guristas much faster than a Hecate Svipul and Jackdaw.

I only found 1,2/10 in blue and low sec areas. Feel free to prove me wrong by a screenshot :slight_smile:
In high sec exploration damage profile matters quite little. Unless you encounter those damn elites, those can tank like mofos if shooting them with wrong stuff :rage:

Not going to take a screen shot but you can get up to 4/10 by scanning and 5/10 from a Den escalation in high sec. That is the best I have done in the month or so I’ve been doing exploration sites.

Train reading to at least 1 please. requoting myself: 'I only found 1,2/10 in blue and low sec areas’
If you can’t even understand what do i mean - no point in discussion.

It seems I have English reading trained to 5 compared to that train wreck you call a reply.

1 Like

Fine, i’ll indulge myself in some education. My job anyway :sunglasses:
'I only found 1,2/10 in blue and low sec areas’
1/10 and 2/10 are DED claccified sites.
Blue - common name for 1.0 and 0.9 security status space.
Low sec - common name for 0.4 to 0.1 security status space.

So, in a language that even a small kid would understand: so far i have been founding 1/10 and 2/10 DED sites only in low secutiry space, 1.0 and 0.9 systems. As 1.0 and 0.9 systems are very small part of a high sec, i believe aiming for 1/10 and 2/10 DED sites specifically is a waste, especially using T3 destroyer, as OP wanted. You stated that such distribution is false, to which i offered you to prove it by screening a 1/10 or 2/10 DED site found in any 0.8, 0.7, 0.6 or 0.5 system.

You have your homework, boy. Get to it.

Lesson over. Dismissed.:smirk:

2 Likes

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/DED_complexes#DED_rated_complexes

Must be some kind of language barrier or special ed problem you are having.

beam confessor is kinda the sweet spot you’re looking for, can run hideouts, lookouts and 2/10s, you will mostly find frigates in these complexes so a cruiser can be slow and cumbersome.

I never found ded 1/2 in lower than .8 sec systems.
I never found ded4 in higher than .8 sec systems.

You were answering to someone who asks to get proof of " a 1/10 or 2/10 DED site found in any 0.8, 0.7, 0.6 or 0.5 system." by saying he has some specific problem. That is obviously out of the topic. If you can’t answer to him, please don’t force yourself into insults, that’s a waste of time for both you and the readers.

1 Like

I’m looking to do something similar in a beam Confessor, but I haven’t been able to find any up-to-date fits.

Anyone have a good PvE beam Confessor fit that would be suitable for DED 1/2 (and possibly 3)?

Save yourself some time training and scanning and use an astero…it can run everything you will find in highsec save for 4/10 and vigil/watch. With tons of bling you can get it to do all of the sites but the time it takes for the higher end sites isn’t worth it…just use a VNI.

Edit: Rail Hecate actually out ranges and out dps a beam confessor so theres also that.

I’m sure an Astero can, but is it optimal? I assume it does much less DPS than a Confessor, and also has the disadvantage of waiting for drone travel time. As for training time, I already have Amarr Tactical Destoyer at 4, and my scanning skills are very good.

I’m open to the suggestion of using an Astero. Do you have any non-blingy fits that would be good for this?

Regarding the rail Hecate vs beam Confessor … they both seem to have the same damage and range bonuses, so I’m not sure how this could be the case. I do see that 150mm rails have a longer range than small focused beam laser, but at the expense of lower tracking and damage modifier. Maybe I’m missing something.

Forget about 1/10 and 2/10, and be happy with confessor that you have.
For lower end than that you’ll have to go astero, simply because of gate restrictions.

1 Like