Solo Ship Vs Barges

What ship would it take to win against these 4 ships?

[Procurer, Barge 1]
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
Power Diagnostic System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Large ‘Sheriff’ Shield Extender

Gas Cloud Harvester II
Gas Cloud Harvester II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Hammerhead II x3
Caldari Navy Vespa x1
‘Augmented’ Infiltrator x3
Vespa II x2
Infiltrator II x1

[Procurer, Barge 2]
Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay

Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier

Gas Cloud Harvester I
Gas Cloud Harvester I

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Explosive Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer II

Hammerhead II x3
Vespa EC-600 x3
Caldari Navy Vespa x1
Hammerhead SD-600 x1
Infiltrator II x2

[Procurer, Barge 3]
Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizers
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Warp Scrambler II

Gas Cloud Harvester I
Gas Cloud Harvester I

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Hammerhead II x3
Caldari Navy Vespa x1
Vespa II x1
Infiltrator II x4
Acolyte II x1

[Venture, Gas Frigate]
Damage Control I

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Enduring EM Shield Hardener

Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Core Probe Launcher I

Small Explosive Shield Reinforcer II
Small Thermal Shield Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

Acolyte EV-300 x1
Acolyte II x1

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

In this hypothetical matchup, a corpmate bookmarked a location earlier and you’re pretty darn sure those 4 guys are at one of three bookmarks so if you warp to zero you’ll be on top of the guys.

What’s a victory?

If you tackle a barge and everyone else warps off and you kill the barge, that’s a win.
If all of them stand and fight and you destroy at least 1 barge and loot the wreck, that would be a win.
If you only kill the venture, call it a draw.
If all warp off before you’re on grid, call it a draw.
If they stand and fight and only the venture survives, call it a draw if your ship cost less than the most expensive barge, otherwise it’s a loss.
Any other cases you lose your ship is a loss.
If you land on grid with one of the barges and don’t kill any, we’ll say that’s a loss.

What would it take to fight those barges? You know their fits, but not which barge player used which fit. You won’t know which one webs until it actually webs you. You also don’t know what their response will be if you land on grid. Maybe they will flee. Maybe they will fight. Perhaps you saw these 4 dying to gate camps on zKill, but the three barge players kept changing which barge they used.

What’s ship can you use to warp to 0 on these guys and win the 4 vs 1? It’s just mining barges right? You don’t need to bring out something that is as slow to align as a battleship to take them on right? Sure it’s 4 vs 1, but a combat ship should be able to deal with 15 drones if the defenders have no guns right?

A tactical destroyer is very agile. However, a T3D webbed probably isn’t going to survive a swarm of 15 drones…

How about a buffer tanked Omen or Omen Navy issue? Well, the EM rigs considerably weaken the usage of energy weapons. I’m also not sure it has enough tank.

How about a Blaster Butrix? It can mount a pretty good tank and blasters have very good DPS. The range is crap, but you’ll be warping to 0 on guys who don’t have afterburners or microwarpdrives.

How about a Hurricane with 720s? Republic Phased Plasma in the face will deal a lot of damage. The tracking of 720 howitzers isn’t ideal, but that’s no concern against barges that have no propulsion devices. There might not be enough PG left to mount an effective tank.

The Hurricane Navy Issue is more expensive, but it’s better.

Maybe a missile Prophecy would be effect? I’ve heard drones and missiles go well together. A prophecy has a huge drone bay. You can fit in 6 light drones, launch 5 of them to dispatch the enemy drones, and once most of them are destroyed, lunch 4 medium and 1 heavy drones to kill off the barges. Also, an acolyte can often kill a hammerhead when they fight each other, go figure. You can even fit a 1600 mm plate on these things.

Maybe a Drake with HAMs and a shield booster would be able to win? The missiles don’t compete with the shield booster for capacitor.

Would a Munin do well? It might have some difficulty shooting the drones, but it has an ADC, so it can bascially be invincible for a time. This might be long enough to pop a barge, and with the mothership dead, the drones just stop.

If that is all and will be on the field, a single high damage cruiser will be fine. I cant see them staying and fighting unless help is coming, so you only have one or two ships to tackle and kill.

1 Like

Thanks.

I one time was wondering why I friend was docking suspect with a beaten up Hectate. He said he was hunting some guys and wanted to do solo PVP in a ship with good align time (so no battleships) and then pulled up some guys on zKill and I saw no less than 13 times the 4 were killed all at once… I asked where the kilmails were and he said his Hectate couldn’t handle 15 drones with 3 magnetic field stabilizers in the low. I guessed where this story ended.

Use an alt to get tackle In a tanky Maller and drop your carrier on them.

Each procurer does 240 dps on perfect skills. Stratios in this fit should be able to tank all of it. Overheat while your reactive hardener acquires resists.

You can have same success with other cruisers, I chose stratios because it has stealth, so it might be a bit harder for them to run away. Also the dps is rather respectable at 600ish.

[Stratios, Stratios]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II

Warp Scrambler II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Stasis Webifier II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Void M

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Wasp II x4
+1% pg implant required

The amarr AF, the vengeance.

One I had, without overheating did 210 dps, tanked upto 425 dps depending on damage type.

I guess the most “win” would be a heavy interdictor. It doesn’t deal too much punishment, but w/o propulsion modules on the barges, I’d assume the HIC grabs 2 of the barges, if, immediately after the HIC lands and opens it’s doom bubble, the barge player starts spreading his barges out into different directions, therewith forcing the HIC player to decide which barge to go after, and which one to neglect. If they all run into the same direction it’s 4 killmails + 4 podmails.

If you want to go for just one of those barges, probably most cruisers will do. Put a smart bomb on your top slot and the drone problem should resolve on it’s own.

A drake can throw around 800dps of kinetic punishment on the barges (alot less on the venture), and have almost 100k ehp buffer with more passive repair then a single of those barges can hit it for at the same time. It isn’t very likely to grab more then a single barge though, as drakes don’t fit multiple scram mods and are too unmanouverable to keep bumping one barge while scramming another

Pretty much, the goal is to get at least 1 barge, if the other 2 run away, that’s fine, if they stand and fight, they need to either die or be forced off grid.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.