Solution to the Empire ganking trend

You’re right. I haven’t given you the benefit of the doubt as maybe deserved. If you hang around here often you know that most threads like these are just self-entitled whine parties where no one is right but the OP.

Eve is a niche game and was built like it was for a reason. I am totally up for discussing more in a civil manner instead of trying to troll you. Hit me up ingame.

1 Like

Having played for 15 years I’ve been more of a reader than a writer. Most post’s end up as flame bait or trolled so I saw no point in having say.

I would not say, get rid of bumping alltogether.
But give big ships a chance to escape. Like the 3 minute warp timer, that was promised years ago.

Found it again after a bit of research. Look at 51:42

1 Like

How do you not lose things that can’t jump to lowsec independently in Jita?

Insta-undocks.

How do you save them from systems outside of Jita?

Stop auto-piloting ships, and plan your route to avoid popular systems.

It really isn’t that difficult.

1 Like

They aren’t trolled. People have different opinions, so just because someone’s opinion differs, doesn’t make their post a troll of any other.

It’s also true that it is just as possible that the original post in a thread is a troll, not the responses, as there is nothing about an original post that necessarily makes it immune from error, or emotion, or unvalidated opinion, etc.

This very OP for example has several mistakes and views that if validated before posting, would never have made their way to the post.

For example:

Yet ganking has been on the decline for the last 3 years. I had a post somewhere that analysed it in detail, but in any case, this is the trend in ganking, based on killmail data:

In fact, comparing that to other ship classes, there are more than double the number just capital losses per week in the game, then there are ships ganked in highsec:

The reduction in ganking has occured during a period where the playerbase hasn’t declined by as much. It’s far from out of hand.

Gankers don’t use security tags. They don’t need to.

The last time this came up:

Specifically in relation to the Kusion fleet, the average sec status is -10.0

They don’t care in the slightest about their sec status. It doesn’t stop them from operating, so why would they?

Freighters aren’t a new player ship.

They aren’t even really flown by new players:

3 Likes

Dam. I thought you were out of analogies tbh :smiley:

2 Likes

Have you tried purchasing a Mining permit Op? They are only 10mil ISK per year and should keep you out of trouble if you follow the Code.

Easy fix. I think we can close the thread now.

4 Likes

One more attempt of a minority to exaggerate issues that do not actually exist to the extent they make it look like.

OP is a griefer.

2 Likes

The hero we need.

o7

In every minute, every second, CC…, I mean CONCORD, could decide that for activation of weponry on other capsuleers in high sec you exclusively should need wardec or duel agreement. Since then there are capsuleer activities not involving sitting in capsule, activities where fortunately you are not shot at all. :ok_hand:

There is an “Empire Ganking Trend” going on? Guess you guys found new definition for “trend”?

Because when I check Z-Kill I only see a few ganked ships per day and no upwards trend. A dozen mining vessels on a bussy weekend day and maybe twice as much cargo ships. We have a 20 to 30k playsers online and a good chunk (2/3 to 3/4 https://i.imgur.com/W1G0jsI.png) of these play in highsec. If one quarter of the highsec players do hauling and mining the chance to get ganked is still as low as one percent.

So if there WAS an upward trend even at +100% ganking in highsec it would still be a very save place for anyone but the most unprepared and unware players.

3 Likes

Yeah, the only “Empire Ganking Trend” is the effort of one or a couple of players on the forums to generate as much noise about it as possible to try to make it look like there is actually a problem where there is none.

5 Likes

If there was a problem it would be not enough of my competitors blowing up.

2 Likes

The point is people who do the largest chunk of hauling are experienced groups.
The ones who take the biggest impact are solo or small group players, who cant afford travel citadels and gazilion cyno alts.
This is current meta and entities who produce most of goods dont give damn about small flies.
Gankers just help them kill competition.

The coclusion:
The current meta benefits only big and established entities. Since they are heard the most nothing gonna change. Not until Eve devs starts to give a damn about solo players.

Benefits the smart and active players over the stupid and lazy.

That is true whether someone is in a big group or small and there are lots of examples of large groups freighters/jump freighters being killed.

2 Likes

What did you lose?

4 Likes

one must first prove there is a problem before a solution can even be discussed

2 Likes

Nope, that’s simply not true IMHO. You can choose to either go for the large scale operations and join a good organized corp or stay solo and play smart. You don’t have to be in one of the “big player” corps, a small do medium sized does the trick as long as they know what they are doing. Some diplomatic skill helps, but simple teamwork is enough to succeed. Staying solo doesn’t even limit your ISK gains. You just can’t do every “no-brainer” in bulk do and have to find a lucrative niche.

If there were no incentives (like holding structures) for players in corps and alliances why would anyone even bother to form or join one? Solo play in EVE is in a good place as long as you don’t insist on doing EVERYTHING the same way the organized players do.

What I haul is my business secret but I don’t think it is hard to figure out what makes good ISK beside bulk hauling between nullsec and the tradehubs. Some friends complained in chat that they can’t moon mine in highsec with their three man corp because their engineering complexes got blown up. We brainstormed a bit and set up a google doc spreadsheet to list the moon mining activities of other corps in our region. Already figured out some schedules. and sometimes even join the three raitaru –less miners when going for others peoples’ moon rocks because those are mostly uncontested or come with extra salt on top. See, we can’t moon mine like the “big players” but we can moon mine

1 Like

■■■■ always happens: spies, bad planning or just plain luck. But thats not the point me or OP wanted to say.
Its the current meta and if we are willing and able to change it. To more benefit solo play.
P.s. Red frog is a good example hauling service provider.

And they even tell you to put your hauling accounts in NPC corps. The benefits of solo and corp play combined. So what prevents a hauler to just join them apart form beeing to bad for their standards or insisting on solo/hard mode.

1 Like