Something Amazing happened to Amarr today

Because you’re making a claim, but not actually supporting it with anything more substantial than, “Just trust me, I know.

You keep saying that, but I’m not aware of any such rule. The closest thing I can think of is that posting GM correspondence is verboten.

That aside, I don’t believe anything that might be contained within a screenshot would conclusively prove that these are bots, either.

That’s not how burden of proof works. You’re making a positive claim. I’m asking you to support it. I’m not making a positive claim. I’m not even making a negative claim. I’m saying that there’s no evidence that your claim is true.

Then, sadly, there is no way you will benefit from me highlighting this issue Bud - I am not prepared to publish market logs on an open forum as are yourself. o7.

I would hope that it helps everyone Amarr Side and I would hope that you help support the post with any “Suspect” trades that you are seeing. Not a lot more I can ask of anyone really.

Once again - Nothing to do with the fall of Royal - Just that when it happened, it highlighted exactly what was going on. I’ll guess it’s an Amarr thing but time will tell.

1 Like

Don’t fall for their obsessive ‘Prove it’ routine and more importantly, don’t feed the trolls.

2 Likes

There is no ‘Burden Of Proof’ rule.

3 Likes

It’s perfectly reasonable to ask someone making a claim to actually support it, DMC.
Quit being an infant.

1 Like

Stop with the innuendos making it out that he’s lying. I don’t know where you live but here in USA people are innocent until proven guilty. If you think his statement is a lie then it’s on you to prove it.

2 Likes

I wasn’t implying he was lying so much as I was flatly stating that there’s no evidence to support his conclusion.

Are you really oblivious to the irony here?

1 Like

You’re the one stating there’s no evidence to support his claim so you’re basically saying his statement is a lie.

Whereas you can’t provide proof to dispute his claim and since he was there and you weren’t, I would say he obviously saw something which should be reported to CCP (which I already advised earlier). Other than that, he doesn’t have to provide any ‘Burden Of Proof’.

4 Likes

This isn’t a criminal case and even in the USA, this is not the case for civil cases (eg. for a famous example, see OJ Simpson criminal judgement versus the civil judgement).

Space lawyering is dumb.

Asking for evidence is not dumb. Never is. There is so much BS on the forum, that people actually supporting what they say is generally impossible, because BS is not supportable.

However, everyone is entitled to an opinion, just like the OP. Having an opinion isn’t any sort of proof of what he is saying though. It’s just an opinion.

1 Like

Or it could just be… wrong. Or he could be right, but only incidentally.

I wasn’t disputing his claim, I was disputing his evidence. Are you even literate?

I know you like to fancy yourself some kind of amateur forum moderator, but when someone posts something in a public forum, what they post is open to disagreement and criticism.

Deal with it.

2 Likes

How can you dispute his evidence when you haven’t even seen it?

You can disagree with his claim all you want, there is no ‘Burden Of Proof’ rule. I know you like to fancy yourself as the ‘Devils Advocate’ but since this is a public forum, whatever you post is also open to disagreement and criticism.

One last thing, any more demeaning insults posted about me will be reported.

3 Likes

He doesn’t have to provide any evidence here and more importantly, whatever evidence he has should be given to CCP for them to investigate and decide what action should be taken.

4 Likes

I asked him several times to actually post some evidence. First he “can’t” because it’s “Against the rules,” (it’s not), and then now he just… won’t.

His whole complaint boils down to, “Someone in Amarr updates orders a lot and I don’t like it so they must be botting.”

Nobody said there was a burden of proof “rule”. Quit being disingenuous (almost an impossible ask, I know). There is, however, typically an expectation in general discourse that someone making a claim actually be able to support it. When someone can’t support something, or openly refuses to do so, as is the case here, it absolutely does say something about the credibility of their claim. If he doesn’t care about the credibility of the claim, well then there isn’t much sense in bothering the public with it in the first place, now is there?

If you don’t like that, you can bugger off to DMC’s Safe Space for Unsubstantiated BS, given that you don’t actually wield any authority here to stop people from making the outrageous ask of, “Let’s see some proof, OP”.

God, for someone who likes to RP like he’s actually the forum moderator, you spend more time derailing threads than anyone on here.

2 Likes

Pfff proper traders live in Tanoo

2 Likes

Oh dear. The credibility here is haemorraghing.

1 Like

No idea what it’s about. ALL serious buy orders in Amarr were done via Port Royal. When it got armor reinforced, ALL that trade stopped. Whether these orders are bots or not has nothing to do with the location of trade. At least my orders didn’t have competition from bots but real players (easily spotted from outbid frequency).

2 Likes

With the information that Port Royal had been reinforced I jumped into my flagship Leshak called Grunderbar and made my way there so I could view this Soityo in all its reinforced splendour. 6 days and 12 hours until fire works.

You see I wanted to see the fruits of the Goons epic attack on hisec and is this their continuing war on bots?

I should also report that I was not ganked on the way there and back, so I have to say hisec is safer than nullsec.

PS I am really not sure why people get so salty as to demand proof on speculation and insist that they are lying, especially when no names are mentioned. Seeing forum trolls get salty is always amusing. So I reviewed the insults of this salty person and flagged the demeaning insults as inappropriate, because DMC is a fine gentleman and does not deserve such salty insults.

3 Likes

Isn’t there a 5 minute timer to modify buy & sell orders after having been made or modified? I can’t modify orders in 1.5 minutes after being changed or modified myself…ummn, hhhmmm.

Not sure how your changing yours every minute and a half.

1 Like

No, it is not.

LOOOL … here is proof you are only an idiot and everything you say should be seen as such.

1 Like