Standing rewards with NPC corporations based on Sales to emulate regular trade partnerships

The client only shows 2 decimal places, it will show a standing of 10 when your actual standing is over 9.995.

Nothing wrong with rounding up but help me understand what this has to do with what i was thinking. Not being a dick, I’m just not sure of your post.

CCP does not employ anyone with market know how so they have trepidation in making changes.

Market has mostly moved into player hands making broker fee’s with npc mostly irrelevant except for those selling jita 4/4.

Anychange to broker fee npc, should just be to remove any discount and have a base fee for all players to all factions.

Rich moguls just buy standing from data centres, cosmo & sometimes player standing grinders anyway. Broker discounts just hurts noobs which is bad game design, moguls can afford the isk loss.

I don’t get the impression that NPC corps look at capsuleers that way.

However I think loss of gate rights or docking rights would probably deter high sec ganking pretty effectively. But, maybe too effectively. To the point where those players feel entirely put out.

Still it bothers me to see Triglav’s able to use that mechanic against anyone they don’t have standings with, and yet Concord not using it against people who have bad Concord standings.

Just one of those “something doesn’t add up” situations…

And this looks like what CCP could offer the high sec ganking community, to make up for lost docking rights.

They could put up their stations in dead space, the same way as rat missions do it, with a gate and gate code.

But what about lost gate rights? Would there eventually be a way for them to enter high sec systems “illegally”, by a way other than the locked (to them) gates?

(Could the pirate stations set up illegal gates to other stations in nearby systems?)

This is definitely true.

If enough interesting content is added, then high sec ganking could become even more fun that it has ever been.

But there would still be a feeling for carebears like Concord is actually doing something to protect them.

The current mechanic where a person with -10 standings can always enter high sec in a pod, then dock up and grab a ship, just adds an “it’s a pain” difficulty to hi sec ganking. Tediousness, rather than actual challenge. It takes zero skill to overcome. Just extra work.

A fleet of pirates flying out of dock from a NPC station vs. a fleet of pirates flying out of a pirate station in dead space — which of those is cooler?

2 Likes

I had suggested missions to regain security status. Noting all that hard and the missions should not take the criminal away from his career for long. Whats the security standing have to be so Concord wont shoot yea? More or less once you get to that point the criminal would be back in business.

I never thought of that but I like that idea. As for the gate ban, its would only be temporary as the missions I mention would repair their security.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.