Standing

The corp I am in has moved to another region and so I was wanting to gain corp and faction standings with the NPC corp that runs the local trade hub as well and faction standings so that I can bring down the sales taxes. I currently have (nigh on) zero standings with both the NPC corp or the faction.

I found this - !0 Standing which outlined a few things and from that post a link to https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/NPC_standings which seems to show data centres, cosmos, and epic arcs as a way of gaining faction and corp standing without giving a negative standing from other factions.

I thought i’d start with the career agents as they seem straightforward but reading here https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Data_centers it says after doing them all you will get a 0.17 faction increase (im looking under Minmatar) and this INCLUDES Cosmos missions.

my first question then: is that faction increase accurate, that seems pretty p**s poor for a fair amount of work.

It seems more difficult to gain faction standing than it does to gain corp standing so i figure if I can look for faction standings then the corp ones will follow (seems logical to me) but how much of a grind is it to get faction standings to say 7.0 or even 9.9 (as apparently there are some extra rewards for over 9.9 standing.

1 Like

An ungodly amount of grind, even with Social skill maxed out (other skills in social category do not help with broker fee as it uses raw/unmodified standing for calculations), especially if you dont want to hurt your standings with other factions.

1 Like

I ran SoE and lvl4 epic arc for the faction every 3 months, and blitz lvl3 sec missions for corp standing in a Svipul/Machariel (skip the storylines, if you want to keep your status with opposing factions).

… and do it now and don’t forget to consume the Potency 75% booster while doing so (they will cease to work first week of October). The booster let’s you also decline missions without penalty.

… BUT there is only one relevant trade hub in highsec … Jita … maybe Amarr, but I wouldn’t bother with anything else.

@Ms_Steak - you’ve confirmed my fears lol

@Tipa_Riot - yeah but Jita is far from me and im being hit with over 10% tax atm, i need to reduce it a little at least i think.

Train Accounting skill (unless you are an Alpha) and Broker relations (limited to level 2 for alphas). Both are in Trade skills category.

2 Likes

You should contact @DeMichael_Crimson who has a lot of knowledge in this area

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know why Uniwiki states that but you’ll definitely make a lot more standing than that.

I suggest you first check out ‘The Plan’. Over the years it has helped lot’s of Capsuleers repair negative standings as well as boost positive standings.

That first thread you linked, !0 Standing, was just some basic info. A little later more info was posted in this thread, Cosmos Mission Diminishing Returns.

Those 3 threads should answer most of your questions. They’ll definitely give you plenty of info for gaining High Faction standings.

6 Likes

By the way, despite what others may say, it won’t take very long to get really high standings with 1 Faction and it’s ally.

However if you follow the basic steps laid out in ‘The Plan’, you’ll be able to conduct your business in all areas of High Sec…

5 Likes

Thanks @DeMichael_Crimson ill check out that other link you posted above and give it a go on 1 character and see where I end up.

1 Like

I keep on seeing circle agents mentioned, but any info I try and find seems to be dead, are they still a things.

Also with COSMOS agents should I get my corp/faction standing to a certain level before doing them? I assume doing all level 1, then all level 2 of those missions is the way to go?

Cosmos agents have standing requirements. Different agents require different standings.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Caldari_COSMOS

Here is a good list of caldari cosmos agents.

Be aware a lot of stuff required to complete the missions are in specialized public pockets that are run by others. Depending on the type of item, it may be cheaper and faster just to buy off the market or contracts.

Yeah i was looking into that link, I like the shopping list that helps list what you need

Yeah I did the cosmos agents a long time ago when I wanted standings, I’m at caldari 9.0 standings or something.

Be careful, some people actually farm the items non stop and put it on the contracts to make isk, you have to balance the cost they are selling it at, with the effort and time of having to wait days, to see the site respawn and run them. Most items I was able to farm. There was one though where a guy basically farms it as soon as the site is up and takes the loot

I am hoping with less people in game now that cosmos farming isnt a thing so much anymore, i am probably greatly mistaken though

1 Like

It’s been a while since I did cosmos but it’s still a popular way to increase standings because it’s so easy.

But the drawback is you can do it only once in a EvE life … correct?

Eve life, yes. But we are immortal capsuleers with the ability to jump bodies and possibly even have sex with ourselves.

Therefore we are neither virgins nor restricted to a single convo with a cosmos agent.

1 Like

Well if you insist.

1 Like

You did say it was a slow morning on another thread…

Yup.

Gotta find something to do lol