Station camped by NPC's in lowsec?

This is the new AI that study’s player tactics en-mass and then form NPC fleets to counter the player then will counter the players counter it’s basically a Full AI at this point

I can’t drive them from my system because they are not players and do not respond to the same incentives. Don’t be deliberately disingenuous. Surely someone who has played this game as long as you understands the different between players and bots.

They spawn, from thin air, according to some algorithm, and come try to gank me. They don’t have to replace lost ships, dunking them will not deter them from coming back, they aren’t reported in intel channels, they have no in-space assets to attack. They’re a pointless nuisance. I can avoid them entirely by 1) not going to asteroid belts and 2) immediately redocking at my station when they spawn which usually triggers them to warp off. And if I want to do fleet PvE against high end NPCs I’ll go do incursions in highsec - they pay much better.

I pay for this game same as everyone else. I don’t complain on the forums about much. I’m all for all manner of player-driven fuckery; I see no value in relentless nuisance bots with ■■■■ loot. It just feels like CCP trolling me and I don’t appreciate it.

2 Likes

If you don’t play the content the content will come to you.

Dude, usually I agree with what you post but this reply from you is pure BS and you know it.

You can’t drive these NPC’s away or make them go somewhere else. Nor can you negotiate a deal or broker peace with them, their mining fleets rape the asteroid belts and their response attack fleet will continue to spawn and escalate.

I’ve been a forum member for a long time and I never once saw threads asking for NPC Mining / Response Attack Fleets to be implemented into the game. As for players asking that standings mean something more within the game, that was pertaining to player owned structures being anchored in High Sec systems, not putting in an overwhelming amount of NPC Attack Fleets.

You should petition it and ask for a way to solve the problem. It is definitely your best bet.
Complaining on the forum yields you nothing at all. That’s what GMs are there for.

Otherwise, what seems to be the last course of action, I guess, is simply leaving the system.

I’d have more sympathy for the OP if that were true and he actually tried. What we have here is him throwing up his hands and claiming since the game doesn’t pay him ISK to shoot them he is going to do anything about them but ask CCP to change the game for him. I say this because CCP has dropped all sorts of hints that the new NPCs respond to player actions in ways we haven’t figured out yet.

He does have standing with the NPC corp he attacked so he can make peace with them if he doesn’t want to be shot by them anymore. There is a clear mechanic to do so that has been in the game forever as you know. If he wants to take the more direct approach, he can try inflict losses on them to the point they stop spawning. Or he can move if he really doesn’t care about these NPCs or the resources they are harvesting. Yet he did none of these things.

Maybe these things are dumb and unresponsive and I am giving CCP too much credit as I haven’t played with these specific NPCs, but my major point is he hasn’t even tried to interact with them. The OP just declares the content “too risky” and whines that the game doesn’t give him enough direction or candy for playing it. Well CCP hints they respond to your actions, and other players have come up with ways to deal with them, so maybe he should play the game?

I’m not exactly sure how the standings work with them. I do know that during the S.P.A.C.E. event, it was tough to find an Asteroid Belt due to all of the NPC Mining Fleets currently active in the game.

The only time I was actually attacked was when I warped into a belt with my little Prospect and landed right next to a dozen Blood Raider Retrievers mining the hell out of it. While I was counting the ships, they warped out and a Blood Raider Attack Response Fleet warped in and locked me. Guess my little Prospect was a huge threat. Lucky thing I was already warping out or I would have been toast. After that I always made it a point to warp in at range while cloaked.

As for the NPC Mining Fleets and their game mechanics, it’s messed up and not coded correctly. I saw Thukker Mix mining right along side Sansha and Blood Raiders. Now if these fleets are suppose to go by standings then why are enemy NPC’s happily mining right next to each other? Also I have +10 standing with Thukker Mix Corp and the only station in that system was Thukker Mix. I highly doubt a Thukker Mix Response Fleet would have warped in to provide back-up.

Guess I’m lucky since that was my only experience with them. And yes there was a Blood Raider FOB in the system. I checked my character sheet and I have negative standings only with Pirate NPC Factions yet for some odd reason I also have positive standings with all of their Pirate Corporations. Course I haven’t really done much Belt Ratting either. I don’t know how the whole NPC Fleet standing mechanics actually works anyway.

One thing is for sure, it’s not right that Pirate Factions can have large Mining Fleets operating in Empire High Sec systems with large attack fleets ready to warp in at a moments notice.

If CCP has made mining fleets follow what capsuleers do, then surely those NPC mining fleets will just dock up as soon as a neutral comes into system especially in low sec and null.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.