Stop PvE lead to nerf ship PvP abilities

I didn’t say whether multiboxing is or isn’t ruining the game. Even though I don’t do it myself, I’m not against multiboxing and neither is CCP. I just think that multiboxing for ISK shouldn’t be too easy and with little input, because that makes it too simple to scale up the amount of near-afk ratters for example.

If people want to coordinate and fly their own ratting, mining or pvp fleet, that’s fine with me.

Botting on the other hand, now that is ruining the game.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with mutliboxing, as long as its all controled manually. Buy I do agree that NPC’s should be a lot harder and if those mutliboxer’s can still handle it then good on them but it wont be easy, It’s like trying to multi box frig abysal its damn hard.

This is not just multi-boxing it’s that it’s low-effort, low-risk isk printing that scales with multi-boxing.

It’s part of the problem with the huge amount of isk being made in null.

I don’t know what pve you do, but this is simply not the case for mission running and anoms, or do you deny the afktar/afk vni exists?

This is the problem we are trying to mitigate.

1 Like

No you are only fighting against windmills…a fight CCP long had given up and just PRETENDS to continue…

Please realize that the facts show another picture…only the omega accounts matter for ccp and beside propaganda efforts made up to calm down the rest of the community nothing serious will be done against botters…they simp,y create too much income for CCP.

That’s the bottom line some should realize.

There is no reason to stop it, even if you whine all over reddit with YOUR 50 bots.

However your post is calling him a cheater and this is a grave accusation, to which CCP already responsed by “we did not find enough proof of him cheating” , so now this harasment of him. I reported your post accordingly.

Well CCP DID remove the L4 from alpha bot possibility, so obviously this is something serious that was done.

Considering there is no character actually named “MinerBob”, b/c it’s a name I just made up as an example of the many times bot players have messed up their broadcast macros…

Just who are you reporting me for? You’re kinda sorta dumb. Go troll somewhere else.

1 Like

Anyone whose input broadcasting tool crapped out (or he just forgot to turn off after using it)

^that is a troll^

You’re right. Now you really are trolling. @ISD can someone come deal with the troll.

You’re seeing what you want to see mate. That’s not what I said.

My point is merely this: whether it’s half a dozen VNIs, Rorquals, or a Super with a couple of FAUX alts on standby, the result is basically the same. Removing the VNI/Ishtar option isn’t going to make any real difference on the game or the ISK printing that happens in null. All it’ll do is shift a few VNI multiboxers over to the Super/Rorqual teams, and the ISK will keep flowing just as it always did.

Changing the NPC AI is probably not a trivial thing, and doing that to implement a change that will ultimately fix nothing is kind of a waste.

I actually read all 29 posts to see if anyone else had mentioned it. If you want to curtail AFK ratting in drone boats - simply get rid of the aggressive setting for drones. Don’t nerf the ship - make the player lock and assign targets for their drones - same as other weapons!

4 Likes

That might not be a bad idea, given how they screwed up ECM recently.

It made sense to have drones automatically go after the Jammer, when you yourself couldn’t direct them any more b/c you were jammed.

But now that you can always target the Jammer, even if you can’t target anything else, you can just send the drones yourself.

1 Like

Not if you are dumped to have 1 km targeting range. Serpentis rats will kill you if you do not have auto-targeting missiles or drones out.

It happens in both directions. But this time, the PVE nerf of drone boats affected their PVP abilities.

Yeah. There are so many different ways to fix things accurately. It’s no need in cutting things this way.

1 km range is pretty extreme. My ship sensors were dumped between 6-10km in the worst scenarios there. Serpentis rats aren’t a problem for specific or proper fits - get close and orbit with a small ship, use active tank versus Frigates and Cruisers and Signature+Speed tank versus some BC and BS.

CCP has a history of this. I’m still a bit perturbed about what they did to Dust 514. ‘Dear players, screw you, we don’t care that you bought stuff to play in our game. We’re shutting it down in 30 days. Have a good one!’

That was basically what you saw when you logged in one day, and for the next 30 days, to remind you in case you weren’t pissed off enough, already.

CCP doesn’t seem to have learned a thing in the time since, either. They seem to have relocated the developers of that game, into making their main one, worse. Just an opinion, though, obviously.

no offense to you, OP.

But the very fact alone that people are ratting with carriers IS the problem.

Removed a spam post.

I don’t think it has been acknowledged but this approach is behind a good proportion of the player losses in the 2014-15 timeframe.

I mean for a perspective (not sure on the exact details) but take the supposed way Initiative built up the invasion of Hard Knock’s home - with the way CCP approach it it would have been entirely possible for sweeping changes to freighters or the ships they’d stored up, etc. to have resulted in that whole year of logging out resources inside the wormhole to have been for nothing and not due to the actions of hostile players, etc. that isn’t to say nothing should change at all and sometimes you have to accommodate some changes.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.