Suggested Idea: Docking fees

the entire idea is bad but this is what I want you to explain.

lets say you’re idea is great and it will do exactly what you say. Why is there the need to force people to train this skill? What is your idea trying to achieve that is made possible by this?

Paying to dock would be ludicrous. “Oh, I forgot something. I guess I have to pay ISK to step in for a quick second.” We’d have to pay to go back in to get our own property. And for miners they’d have to pay every time they offload their ore? Every time you turn in to complete a mission?

Do you mean rent a berth? Like on a monthly basis? If so, what happens when someone takes a break from the game and there rent expires in the off-time? And you’re supposed to rent a berth for every conceivable station in EVE. Everywhere you go you have set up a rent contract???

A way to remove ISK is actually having content that poses a threat. Like all NPCs using advanced fleet tactics; Not just those overpowered types. Using warp scramblers, MWD’s more, webs, kiting, adjusting ammo to counter your defenses, using logi, enemy ships working as a unit, using drones, etc. Most content can be done in your sleep if you just have a big enough ship and most people avoid anything outside of HiSec because of player interference.

Or something simpler: There could be wear and tear on ships and modules that gradually deteriorate performance/bonuses over time. Regular maintenance could be an ISK sink. There is no reason that overheating needs to be the only way modules take damage. I’m talking about a separate type of wear that can’t be fixed with nanite paste.

Or even paying crew salaries.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.