Suggestion: Names and Lore Description for Agency Boosters

I do enjoy the Agency, but the boosters we get from it have always bothered me - the blunt names and total lack of lore justification have been messing with me since they were introduced, so I went and made up some names and descriptions for them myself. Not that I expect these to be put in, but maybe @CCP_Dragon and the lore guys will like the idea~

agencylogo4

Name Changes:

“Agency Speed Booster I” → “Agency ‘Redclock’ Compound AR-1103”
“Agency Speed Booster II” → “Agency ‘Redclock’ Compound AR-1105”
“Agency Speed Booster III” → “Agency ‘Redclock’ Compound AR-1107”

“Agency Tank Booster I” → “Agency ‘Swiftforge’ Compound AS-1103”
“Agency Tank Booster II” → “Agency ‘Swiftforge’ Compound AS-1105”
“Agency Tank Booster III” → “Agency ‘Swiftforge’ Compound AS-1107”

“Agency Damage Booster I” → “Agency ‘Pointblaze’ Compound AP-1103”
“Agency Damage Booster II” → “Agency ‘Pointblaze’ Compound AP-1105”
“Agency Damage Booster III” → “Agency ‘Pointblaze’ Compound AP-1107”

Descriptions (same for all of same type):

‘Redclock’

AgencyRedclock

A curious and powerful alternative to standard boosters, ‘Redclock’ introduces an adaptive self-folded scaffold to a pilot’s operating mind, forcing a reduction in subspace drag and drastically increasing subwarp velocity.

Compounds with the Agency identifier are dropped at all locations falling under the current open contract upon their marking, and are a bleak omen to whomever may inhabit the sites. With rumors suggesting possible connections to certain ancient technologies, the Agency’s compound distribution is thought by some to as much an experiment as it is an incentive for capsuleers to partake in the public contract.

‘Swiftforge’

AgencySwiftforge
A bizarre compound, ‘Swiftforge’ imprints a self-folded ancillary platform optimized for rapid and meticulous adaptations to restoration paths and overload management into a pilot’s brain, drastically boosting repair potential for both shield and armor systems.

Compounds with the Agency identifier are dropped at all locations falling under the current open contract upon their marking, and are a bleak omen to whomever may inhabit the sites. With rumors suggesting possible connections to certain ancient technologies, the Agency’s compound distribution is thought by some to as much an experiment as it is an incentive for capsuleers to partake in the public contract.

‘Pointblaze’

AgencyPointblaze
Wholly incomparable to any standard booster, ‘Pointblaze’ tightly refocuses a pilot’s mind along a path set within the compound’s quantum structure, providing refined supplementary calculations and improving heat management for weapons in order to drastically increase potential damage output.

o7

5 Likes

Descriptions are the place for lore stuff. Keep the name simple and descriptive. Agency Speed Booster etc is perfect.

We have implants with lore names like “Eifyr & Co. ‘Gunslinger’ MR-700” or “Zainou ‘Deadeye’ MH-800” and others so I don’t see a problem in giving lore names to boosters as well.

Only implants use this coding system.

Maybe so, but likewise none of the other booster names actually describes what they do in the name itself, so the agency boosters are the ones that stand out like a sore thumb.

1 Like

Oh FFS looks like you got your wish:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.