Suggestion to helping new players

Thank you

No worries, I got you buddy!

jesus-says-make-love-not-war

Just remember, even in high sec, you pvpā€™d every time you successfully got your ship to dock, or completed your shopping/selling trip. Jita runs are way more satisfying once youā€™re aware of the gauntlet that you managed surviveā€¦ :sunglasses::grin:

1 Like

This thread has devolved into a PvP or Non-PvP thread. The point was to get a mentoring system going to retain new players. This helps everyone.

3 Likes

yes and the biggest part of this game isā€¦PvP period. It is what the game revolves around. And for the new dude to get it, he/she/it has to understand that PvP is not always pew pew. once they grasp this part of the game, the rest of the game is much easier to deal with.

I respectfully disagree

1 Like

True we are among those guilty of derailing. However to get it somewhat back on topic, PvP everywhere is one of the big concepts that many new players do have to overcome and understand. It is an important topic that an improved system of mentoring can help with.

If it isnt a player driven initiative, it has to have farming protection.

If it is, no one has yet to put forward a proposal of any depth.

I wont because I have no interest in being a mentor, but do have an interest in being a noob if theres rewards for it.

1 Like

True, and I do point out to rookies that it happens and ways to avoid issues and sometimes help them get through it with another ship

1 Like

the game is built around it, ignoring it is one of the biggest missteps most people make. And one of the biggest lies is fed to newbs and one of the biggest reasons they leave as they find out the hard way. Because someone misinforms them and are led along a path of a very short career in EvE.

1 Like

I donā€™t ignore it. Its just part of the game I donā€™t care for. If all you want is PvP then play WOW. You canā€™t PvP if you canā€™t find away to make ISK. Very few toons can be sustained by PvP only.

2 Likes

it is the main part of the game you are ignoring. and one who does that should not mentor.

Who is ignoring it, not me. I am just saying I donā€™t do it and if the rookie want to do it, its fine.

1 Like

It still was somewhat relevant, if you look at my initial post in this thread.

If as a mentor you have biases like yourself, you are not properly teaching players about eve. It sounds good on paper, but in practice it all comes down to the individual mentors, so maybe itā€™s not the best idea to build the NPE around a system with so much variance.

I still am of the conviction, that the NPE just needs to objectively inform players of all eve concepts and then just let players make their own choices.

4 Likes
3 Likes

If I was a rookie, Id rather explore the EVE universe by my own and take all the risks rather than having some one to tell me everything and speed up my exploration.

3 Likes

I just believe to promote retention a mentor should be well versed in many aspects of the game, not sjut one sided. And there are a lot of peeps that rail against the idea that this game is not based on pvp, fuled by pvp and kept alive by pvpā€¦is the major problem

1 Like

So you could still do that. No one is forcing anything on you.

1 Like

Obviously PvP is important to some. Low and Null space is there just for them.

PvP creates demand from the industrialists. In which they compete for resources. In which sellers compete with each other to capture salesā€¦PvP. circle of lifeā€¦