Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Thank you for the clarification. I honestly have never been the victim of a suicide ganker. I have never had an interest in the mechanics of it because I have no interest in taking part in such a cowardly act. As far as I’m concerned anyone who does so isn’t a PVPer. They’re wanna-be PVPers. a true PVPer isn’t afraid of taking on someone who could possibly fight back. I equate suicide gankers to the vermin who sit outside starting corporations and trick new bro’s into triggering the mechanics (which they don’t fully understand yet) needed to make the victim the aggressor. All that being said this by no means changes my point. These changes encourage more of these cowardly acts.

3 Likes

This is worrisome. But I suppose, as a PVE player for over a decade, if the changes don’t nerf being able to solo lvl4 missions and epic missions, I’m indifferent. Otherwise, I’m gone, or at least downgrading to Alpha. (And BTW so are my other 9 accounts)

11 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine @CCP_Rattati By all means please read this and consider (possibly reconsider)

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see how player count drops after this goes live.

8 Likes

Spoiled??? It’s the PVPer’s who are getting spoiled by CCP! There is no balance to this change. it is all biased towards the PVP side of the game. I’m a PVEer. I don’t enjoy taking things that others have worked hard for and destroying them, but I imagine you do!

8 Likes

Yes, it is very simple.

Solution: If target is within x km of a highsec stargate or npc station increase resist by x%.
Could be achieved many ways, easiest and dirtiest would be to have stargates/stations radiate a constant command burst, code is already in the game just need to apply it to a different asset and change values.

20 mins work tops. Chuck it on sisi for a week or two and monitor change. Adjust as needed. Done.

1 Like

RIP mining, industry, trade and now PvE lol just freed 24Gb of my HDD. Don’t threat CCP just do it, there is a life out of this crap. This is my PvCCP :slight_smile: :red_circle:

6 Likes

Ah, spoken just like someone who has never tried to program anything in his life.

1 Like

Have you got a single player rpg from the last decade that you have installed mods for on your pc? Theres a better chance than not you have code written by me on your pc right now.

2 Likes

Writing out the code isn’t difficult, specially for development teams.
It’s playing whack-a-mole with all the bugs that pop up when you start goofing around with things.

It just comes down to billable hours. I hope all the hours being paid out to the folks working on this are making it worth it for the future of the game. Not just keeping themselves busy to stay employed.

3 Likes

Yeah, whatever. That’s not a 20 minute job like that kid said.

2 Likes

Great PVP changes, and I like this update very much! It does affect PVE people badly.

15% more DPS AND less resists = way more freighter/miner ganks which in turn raises ship/modules prices, which will go up even more with more ships blowing up. JF service costs will probably go up as well.
The DPS gain should offset resist loss for PVE. The faster stuff dies, the less DPS you take. Just use T2 ammo!

Overall though I like it since I don’t JF or mine! :slight_smile:

Thanks CCP!

1 Like

I’m reasonably sure you didn’t mean to reply to me when you wrote that.

1 Like

Where are CCP employees???
You must RESPECT PVE players!!!
We have figure out many numbers and consequences for you in this post, if you still think that nerf to all ships is a good solution to capitals, it will be the last straw for many, if not all, non-pvp players.

6 Likes

They’re going to have to address mining vessels (Venture, Barges, Exhumers, Mining command ships) as well, not just freighters.

2 Likes

They don’t, actually.

Again, I’m like 90% sure you are responding to someone else. I have never mentioned freighters or mining ships in these two threads.

1 Like

Please buff interceptor resists, as this over all change to tank and short range DPS will make it even harder for inty pilots to hold tackle !!!

1 Like

That was in response to the article you posted, not you personally. Sorry, I should’ve been clear on that!

Should probably discuss that in that thread?