Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Okay, do we really need to do this the hard way? Because you’re not making any concrete examples, and are just posting drivel IN CAPS TO WIN THE ARGUMENT BY TALKING MORE LOUDLY.

So here’s a quick list for you of a bunch of changes CCP has implemented over the years that severely nerfed the ■■■■ out nonconsensual PvP:

• CONCORD being made invulnerable, given stat boosts, and being made a kill trigger
  • Wars increased in cost by 25x
  • MULTIPLE CONCORD buffs to damage, e-war, and response time (I could make a line for each one but I’m too lazy)
  • Mining barge EHP boosted significantly across all types and tiers, and fitting options improved
  • Removing of fleet warfare aggro transfer (the Lofty scam)
  • Increasing criminal act security status penalties (you used to need to pod multiple people just to get to -2.0, and now all you need is one ship kill)
  • Making it officially legal to repeatedly roll corporations to avoid wars, after disallowing it for many years
  • Removal of insurance payouts for deaths where CONCORD is involved
  • War costs becoming a function of amount of members the target has (so that a small corporation declaring war against a large one would pay orders of magnitude more than a large corporation declaring war against a small one - utterly asinine)
  • Introduction of the war ally system, which costs much less than declaring war does
  • Introduction of the “safety” button, making it impossible to trick someone into shooting you by employing social engineering
  • Crimewatch being introduced, leading to suspect timers, kill rights, et cetera (this really needs half a dozen separate bullet points, but I’m lazy)
  • Corporate friendly fire toggle virtually eliminating assassinations from the game
  • No longer being able to warp after committing a crime, instead of after CONCORD retaliation
  • Disallowing wars unless targets own assets in space

And now is a list of all buffs to nonconsensual PvP, both direct and indirect:

• War transfer mechanics making the “Dec Shield” impossible to work, because corporations could shed their wars repeatedly with one button click (this is basically a bug fix and not a new feature addition)
  • Tags-for-sec mechanic, which is admittedly convenient, but expensive as hell
  • Introduction of tier 3 BCs, which have BS-level damage but lower costs, and are as such pretty good for ganking, incidentally
  • Adding a small NPC corp tax for PvE activities

Not a very even distribution of changes, wouldn’t you agree? Ah, who am I kidding? Of course you won’t agree. Everything short of a button that allows you to selectively turn off PvP in the game is a “PvP buff” to you.

5 Likes