Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Yip, the 20% resistance reduction is just CCP’s wording.
As most know its 20% of the resistance that is taken away, not a flat -20%, that would most meta1 resistance modules a waste of slots.

No it’s not 7% for one it higher, the 14% was the combined difference of two modules with stacking penalties included.

Damage Control will negate the lose, providing you haven’t already got in mounted.

RIGs will also negate the effect, but are still subject to stacking penalties.

Yeah but that means nothing at all.

If you had a -90% resist module, you were taking 10% of the damage. Now it becomes -72% and you take 28% of the damage : you take 2.8 times as much damage.

I mean, this “-20%” is complete nonsense. It means nothing and can’t be used to compare the effects.

BS
a single -55% kinetic ward field II fitted will lose 19.6% of its EHP/ERP for the kin type on the shield. if you fight guristas, that is like 19.6% REP LOST for a single module. your ship loses almost 20% of its rep.
For ONE module. Add more modules and you lose even more rep.
I already explained my loki for superior sleeper cache loses more than 50% of its tank.

4 Likes

No, I’m saying the 2 invult loss can be compensated with a -14% additional resist layer.

No.
There is no simple explanation. Either you try to understand what I wrote, or you don’t even try and can’t. There is no in-between : the relations between the numbers are not as simple as you ask for.

I gave you the tool to check for EANM

I answered this already. Read.

No change. The base resist of the ship has literally zero effect on the module relative effect.

Correct, but only in cases where single resist mods are used. Any time you use more than one that impacts the same resist, the efficiency loss isn’t as great.

This is an effect of the math that CCP chose to use for resists (applying the bonus to the difference between maximum in current on a per-module basis) instead of what’s commonly done in other games, where stats are linearly added to each other.

Actually, yes. If you had to -55%, the multiplication for the first is .804 and for the second .845 , so total 0.679 which is a loss of 32.1% of your rep/tank power.

meh i can’t get my head round it and i don’t really care enough to try. at the end of the day we all play by the same parameters, some playstyles get buffed some get nerfed and this is the way it’s been for years.

This is true, but it then adds the question what to loose to mount that extra module to compensate?
Reduced DPS, CAP, etc…

This is the thing a lot haven’t taken into account the flow on effect, and here’s CCP saying just change to speed or DPS fit and you’ll be fine!?

I wonder if any of CCP have even tried PVP on the live server against real PVP’er, instead of the test server wantabies.

1 Like

makes no sense, sorry.

All in all : for huge hardeners usage (deadspace, faction)it’s the same as removing two invuls T2, and for average user it’s the same as removing one. (for shield ships)
Approx, this is not exact.

True, but as noted that comes at a cost of increase CAP usage and fitting requirements.

It’ll be interesting to see how people fit to get around these updates.

use more resist rigs, because those become all of a sudden much moree interesting.
Use more active/passive mods, like SBA which cost more CPU for less effect.
Use double armor rep instead of hardener, because hardeners will lose a lot.
However several activities will just not be worth it anymore since the correct fits will be nerfed hard (-50% is no joke)

1 Like

Looking at the change in incoming DPS in comparison to a post-resist profile is a really misleading way of looking at things.

If you’re taking 1000 incoming DPS, and before the patch you were resisting 93.75% of the damage (taking 62.5 DPS) while after the patch you are resisting 84% of the damage (taking 160 DPS), you might be taking 2.5x more damage than you did before, but you’re still losing only about 10% of your tanking efficiency from the baseline.

I doubt any L4 mission out there dishes out that much damage at a time unless you really mess up the aggro, which isn’t something anyone should be entitled to tank anyway. In practical terms, a 20% resist drop for modules is very much manageable.

all your doing here ccp is pushing people into predefined game play . you forget this is a sandbox . your roller coaster of balances and other non thought out changes do not keep people . Chaos era was too much for the pockets , best change in game in ages and it got dumped , now we aim to push pve players right out the door . Use your heads . your driven by the wrong factors . The revolving cycle of bs money syncs and roller coaster nerfs is about all you got left , and so you just throw ■■■■ at a wall and hope it sticks . You all used to be much better then this years ago with imagination and intuitive game play

4 Likes

Im pretty sure at this point Its the same person rolling alts and posting with them the same spam.

It’s a 16 years old game.

Can you show me an other online video game that is in the same category in term of anciennety and doesn’t have a trend that goes down over the years, no matter what the developpers do or not?

The very fact that the game still exist while most games literally shut down their servers after 1/3 of this duration is already a proof that their decisions are not THAT bad.

1 Like

What gameplay would that be, if you don’t mind me asking?

So seems like CCP is losing its Devs and new hired Devs care only about ‘battle royal’ type of gameplay? Good job I guess but if anyone wants to play battle royal games there are already a ton out there. If you are going the battle royal path / cow milking you may consider some premium ammunition as well **wink.wink

For small ganks/solo players there is no need to train into T2 resists and ships in Omega clones anymore. Get T1 glass canon alphas. You are stronger in a T1 max dmg rather in a T2 tank. Die and repeat. Damage is the only meta now. What you say? You trained that Shield, Armor Skills to tier5, Well bad luck for you buddy.

You cant effectively solo hard sites anymore, you cant tank your miner, you cant solo stealth haul, you cant get to your mission hubs or incursion with your 5bil pimped ship, so just go around shooting stuff that die easily in your T1 destro. That will revive small PVP right? … Right? … Guys? … Aw well

I was hooked into EVE because of some legendary solo PVP videos with 1vsXX. Well f@ck that buddy. Welcome to the meta. Just make sure you got a keyboard with F1 and you can follow some smurf.

Big blobs wont be affected anyway. Unless someone was so brilliant to think that 1000 ships focusing F1 would be any different because of -20%. Meh I guess the -4 seconds it will take for that capital to die are reason enough to crap all over the PVE content. And yes you can have my Rattlesnake and Gila.

o7 . Wall of text end.

2 Likes

I think this is more than enough to entirely disqualify this kid’s comment.

1 Like

Are you implying that CCP hasn’t lost any old Dev’s and or hired any new Dev’s?

What does this word mean… or what meaning are you trying to impart here?

Google tells me ‘ancien’ is French for ‘former’… and ancienneté is also French for seniority but neither of those really fit in context of the sentence you’ve written… do you mean ‘age’ (in which case I guess seniority kinda fits)?

Genuinely curious, not a troll.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Maybe try posting a specific fit and site that no longer works.

You never could autopilot there in a 5 billion isk ship anyway. You fitted a travel fit, used a BR to haul the modules which never breaks cloak, or super tank travel fitted your mission/incursion ship.

Like seriously, these changes are not the end of the world, your rattlesnake will be fine (Send it to me if you really are so convinced it won’t be and I’ll happily fly it with the changes). If you are talking T5 Abyss ok your Gila might not be fine, that might take a bit more checking. But the Devs have already indicated they are aware of the potential T5 Abyss issues.

Of course not, don’t be stupid.
But implying that the usual turnover of Devs is anything unusual, or that the new Devs clearly have an agenda & are in a position to drive the development direction of a product they’ve only just joined… that’s tinfoil level thinking. (and it is usual turn over in the EVE team, all these ‘Devs fired’ people talk about were the other teams)

1 Like