The Completion of the Reclaiming

I hate that term. But fine, corrected for Ms. Pedantic!

1 Like

These attacks risk replacing a Pax centered Empire with a militant pro-reclaiming Empire. Every attack strengthens the Sarumite argument. Or worse, strengthens the hand of the Sanists, who actively believe slave sacrifice is holy. Unless you think you can actually destroy us outright?

An absolute best case scenario for those advocating the current series of assaults on Amarr is for the Empire to disintegrate into several fragments, each of which would be roughly as powerful as the Matari state, and each of which would need to do something impressive to demonstrate that they were in fact the true heirs to Amarr. Do you really think that world is safer than a unified Amarr?

3 Likes

I am willing to try ,and have delivered a very lengthy explanation previously on this exact topic.

“It could be worse” will NEVER be an acceptable excuse for the enslavement of billions! You have brought ruin and suffering on our people, and we corrected that to an extent by casting your kin out of what is now Republic space, but that still leaves the work very incomplete.

Out of love for our people, we can not leave so many to their fate. The Amarr Empire is founded on a religion of evil, on a practice of persecuting those who disagree, and binding them in chains of servitude or killing them outright. That is not just. Justice, true justice, demands one take a stand against these things.

And the blood of those who died in this struggle demands one take a stand to free our brothers and sisters.

Your arguments have long been echoed within the Minmatar tribes themselves, even within my tribe, but I feel that if the cause is truly just, then the odds should not matter. Ironically, I believe you and your compatriots referred to needing a similar zeal earlier in this very thread.

We can not settle for the current status quo. It simply is not an option. If the Republic ever does so for good, then we will have truly lost ourselves forever. Until then, at least some of us will fight.

After all, I personally also owe it to those who risked their blood to free me.

2 Likes

What about the Ealur?

Then why are they allowed to vye for power? If they seem to threaten breaking this peace due to aggression caused by their stance?

1 Like

Them too. But I will concede that this is a personal belief. I know that not all of my brothers and sisters are as…Magnanimous in their convictions, and will leave non-Minmatar slaves behind. I don’t approve.

2 Likes

Yes.

Considering the political priorities of the various factions in that scenario. Their first priority is not, in fact, to ‘do something impressive’ in order to demonstrate that they are the true heirs to Amarr. Positive action is hardly the best or strongest catalyst for immediate, insular loyalty. If one of them makes a move against an external power, their rivals cast them as the very war-mongers who fomented the destruction of the Empire.

Because that’s the power-play. Demonize your rivals. You have to undercut their authority in the eyes of your subjects and theirs. Otherwise, not only do their people stay loyal, your people wonder why you refuse to cooperate with that rival in order to restore the glory of a unified Amarr.

And the first two who can cooperate immediately have an advantage over the others, as they present a ‘stablity’ position and decry the ‘rebels and anarchists’ who oppose them.

So yes, in that situation, the cluster is safer, because the Amarr successor-factions can’t dare to attack any external force. If they do, not only do they get branded as the cause of the chaos… but their military forces aren’t in position to defend their very valuable home assets. And their rivals will seize that opportunity.

Nations that fracture never engage in outward conflicts… they’re already embroiled in internal conflict… or they wouldn’t have fractured in the first place.

[EDIT: You’re a lord of some sort, right? Do they not teach you basic political and military theory in Amarr?]

And… still waiting.

2 Likes

So if right this second, hypothetically, it was offered that every single slave of ethnic Minmatar descent was to be emancipated but the other slave races remain you do not consider that an option? Even if it would free all your “brothers and sisters”?

If not, why so?

I-…I think I would compromise there. I would want my people to take that deal, but I am not sure I could personally lay down my arms so easily.

It just does not seem right. If we only consider our own race worthy of freedom, worth fighting for, how are we any better then you who claim the Amarr to be the only ones worthy of carrying out God’s will directly?

I suppose I find it too difficult to elevate my race above all others that way. Other races do not deserve the indignity of their fate any more then ours does. But I know that this is a personal opinion. My people should agree to that if they want, and those of us who remain unsatisfied should continue to struggle in whatever way seems right.

3 Likes

Any human being who claims they can own another, claims they can own you, if given the excuse. No.

1 Like

“Nations that fracture never engage in outward conflicts?” That’s an massively general statement that seems pretty obviously untrue. Your “basic” political and military theory seems… well… “basic”. It sounds like the sort of rule of thumb some bright professor invented, and then never bothered testing. What historical evidence are you using to make this claim? I know of no parallels in recorded history to a total breakdown of something the size and relative power of Amarr.

You also do not understand Amarr if you think that the reaction to that level of defeat would be to demonize the war mongers. If anything, we would be likely to demonize the pacifists for having ignored the external threat.

2 Likes

Well, I had to ask. It’s an interesting notion for me to consider the extent to which the Republic desires to continue the fight over slavery. Whether it’s purely ideological and philosophical vehemence over slavery as an institution; or if there are those pragmatic enough to accept their kin solely in return as they desire while the Empire retains the practice of slavery on other non-Minmatar.

I’m sorry, but until you start citing your sources, I don’t think you have the right to ask anyone else to do so.

[And don’t they teach you not to walk into obvious traps, too?]

1 Like

I suspect that the Republic would be more then pragmatic enough. Many freedom fighters abandon non-Minmatar slaves as it is, and simply refuse to evac them when found.

I, personally, would not be.

1 Like

Sometimes the price of peace lies in having to accept less than you might have initially desired.

But I would pretty much invalidate my entire speech up there about morals and justice, wouldn’t I?

I know not what I would do if that day ever came, but the thought of prioritizing Minmatar only doesn’t sit well with me somehow. I am sure one single Minmatar who does not agree would not scuttle such an agreement however, fret not.

I cited plenty of sources. You are asking for God to be just as exhausting a pedant as you are. It is not worth my time. The consequences are non-existent.

The assumption that the empire would be internally focused after a breakdown is worth my time, however, because it is the sort of logic that if generally believed would lead to absolutely insane action that trillions would suffer from.

2 Likes

If it breaks down, the various nation-states would have far too much on their plate to even consider a retaliatory action against the Republic. That is assuming that the cause for the breakdown was a single nation, which would not be the case already. At the very least the Drifters also deserve credit.

I will sign off shortly, however. It is getting late, and due to reasons I explained above, I do not consider the actual odds of victory in a worst-case scenario to be a factor. “It could be worse” is simply not a good reason to leave the Empire as it is.

And if that is the best the Empress’s supporters can come up with, it is telling.

2 Likes

I do not think I am capable of individually telling who is subverted. But I am capable of seeing when people sin. I am capable of seeing when they break Scriptural law and their religious commitments. I am capable of seeing when those same crimes go unpunished. And I am capable of seeing patterns.

It is my duty, my lord, as a faithful servant of God, to cast a light on sin. I cannot and do not believe I am able to determine who is a sinner until I have seen them sin, but I can be wary of the possibility, recognize when it is rife, and desire more checks to prevent it.

Has it? Because I have not seen them institute many policies to control the enemies of within. Look at Empress Catiz’s response to our petition - she (very cleverly) tries to distract from her refusal to act against violations of Scripture by bestowing knighthoods. Her house favors material concerns over the duties of faith. And Jamyl… where to even begin with the damage she caused.

We’ll never control the enemies within as long as Amarr’s current leaders continue to care more about its military power, or its wealth, or its territory, or its prominence in New Eden, or in playing noble politics. The demons lie deeper, infesting the roots of the faith. And these are problems that have been going on since long before even your great lifespan.

We must serve God, not the system. If the system fails at properly serving God, then the system must be Reclaimed.

And who decides if the system fails?

1 Like