The First Seven Sins of EVE

I can tell after reading that none of this is serious

And you are smart

This isn’t adding anything but free kills to the horribly lazy.

Not only free kills.
It will change pilots behaviour and tactics. If you stuck on enemy territory you prefer to die in battle or to self destruct yourself or do something rather just log off. If chances to die are high you prefer a trash fit and a cheap ship and so on.
So, not only free kills.

but nothing so simple as just letting you scan down someone without any true effort on your behalf

I didn’t gave any exact details. Invent anything plausible.
Imagine for minute, you can change current scan without any limitations.

I would see more use of this to create effectively null pockets that nobody can get into

Once again there is no details. If you think the idea creates problem try to agree with the idea for a minute and add some details which makes the idea working.
For example, gate destruction will be complemented with gate construction and you don’t need to be present in the system to built gates to this system.

So, what do you think would happen if the server tried to generate the can(s) holding the trillions of assets held within that single station?

You invent a problem and even haven’t tried to solve it. Destroyed station exists for some time and generates 100 cans around it immediately after destruction each with 5-10 items
if a can is looted the destroyed station generate the next can until all trillions of assets will be disposed to space

Ya, and avoiding them is also a banable offense now so what’s the purpose here?

Allow to players to create incursion like events. With real people as intruders.

There has to be some amount of security that when you come back to the game after having to take any length of a break that your stuff wont simply be gone. That’s not exactly good for new/returning player retention. Again, adds nothing to the game. Just drives more people away.

Why it so? Is there somewhere any unbreakable rule about it?
Or maybe it’s just general practice to not upset players too much. Because people don’t like pay for the humiliation.
I agree that the death and nothing more it’s not ok. There should be the death and the new live. I have no idea how it can be done.

no. they should. to balance.

this changes nothing. this solves nothing. they will create another alt-character. so the problem still remains.

so still no arguments. topic-starter tries just to defend from any post without intention to constructivelly build discussion. conterparts himself and create brand new ideas (which eventually change previous) right on the way of discussion. topic is senseless. and the idea is wrong. closed for me.

P.S.:

again, what all this means. If you hard to translate some of your thoughts put originals next to it.

1 Like

no. they should. to balance.

to balance what? The process of destruction and construction of gates should be balanced. How exactly? Can’t say any numbers now, the idea is too vague.

so the problem still remains.

The problem of mass gate/station destruction?
It’s not a problem it’s new reality.

again, what all this means.

I will work on my english skills. I promise.

It’s a massive problem that will result in massive abuse.

Yours are a lot better than his. I’m not sure you’re the problem in that regard.

On the neighboring forum people are complaining sometimes about
“EVE is become boring,
CCP isn’t adding new features
but mostly polish old ones with wrong polishing paste”
I agree with it, we need more new game mechanics.
This mechanics will be abused and fixed and abused again. It’s part of the process.
Better abusing than stagnation.

It will be abused and then EVE will be dead. No more iterations after this one, as it’ll be so hellishly broken that it’ll kill the game in short order.

1 Like

So what game are you actually trying to play? The immortal capsuleer has been a core concept of the game since its inception. By this we can also assume you want to get rid of capitals as no one would survive long enough to pilot one, unless you also want to get rid of skill requirements. If you think capitals should stay, then you’d have to get rid of cost requirements as no fresh character could afford one unless they forked over some RL money. Whatever the case, this change alone could destroy a large chunk of the in-game economy.

1 Like

They aren’t really immortal they more like multi node cluster with replication. Replication procedures don’t happent by itself. They depends on some devices which can be destroyed.
And I already wrote before
“I agree that the death and nothing more it’s not ok. There should be the death and the new live. I have no idea how it can be done.”
Transferring skill points to new char looks nasty.
But maybe 12x skill learning speed until old level (very promising scheme for exploits, I like it)

Lol…um lets see what ive got…hmmmmflips thru comeback book… your face is wrekt.

That you didnt mention the P.A.N.I.C button means your thread is too weak to take seriously.

If there is The First Seven than there is The Second Seven.

It may mean or may not. It’s my choice not your.

Sorry but English gets to make that call not some random dude.

HA !

I win again.

p.s. get used to losing, just giving you the heads up early on.

There is some difference between “I wrote” and “I win”. Not only all can understand it. But I’m sure you could.

You only wish there was some chance for error here, i won both of them cleanly.

p.s. Your comeback was so weak it was embarrassing.

p.p.s. I win again! (i told you to get used to it. Losing sucks they tell me, perhaps you could enlighten me how losing feels as i dont have any personal experience with it).

On second thought there are better threads that actually are worth discussing…

Bye!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.