The Grand Heist - Now Live!

Good day, everyone!

The Grand Heist is now live on Tranquility, and with it, a week-long Daily Login Gifts! In addition, all four of New Eden’s major empires had agreed to a 50% market-wide broker’s fee reduction, and a 50% sales tax reduction that will last for the next three months.

Please use this thread to discuss the Grand Heist with fellow Pilots. Have fun!

8 Likes

huh. direct isk gifts. that’s a new one.

13 Likes

FREE ISK!

3 Likes

And why did CCP not advertise the coming reduction in market fees beforehand? Great to see that happening, but a concise, concrete positive message like that in the July Update would have done wonders to morale.

Plus, why is this change not marked as “player contributed” in the patch notes? This is one of the most requested changes by the players in the last 2 years. It is not CCP’s brainchild, the players requested this time and again. Are you reducing your own badge system to absurdity mere 3 releases after its inception?

6 Likes

Translation: After we increased the fees, we noticed that market activity has plummeted. We are now considering the possibility that we made a mistake.

38 Likes

Just when I think CCP can’t get any worse…

Y’all realize this is CCP selling ISK for money, right? The ISK is locked behind Omega and is generated out of thin air. They’re litmus-testing a new monetization strategy by doing this.

24 Likes

Oh jeeez @CCP_Dopamine now you have got me agreeing with The Princess.

11 Likes

Everyone would have paused their orders and waited for today.

9 Likes

Okay, can any economists give me a hot take on injecting that much isk into the economy? I genuinely want some analysis from someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.

3 Likes

Stimulus ISK for an ailing virtual economy?

4 Likes

never in history has printing money ever gone wrong. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

The actual big news

1 Like

Rising prices, lower economic output - if that is the current state in EVE, then we have stagflation. Injection of ISK is not a cure.

6 Likes

Wow I give Isk away and now it comes back to me?

/Thanks CCP I am a multiboxer and will log in -)

1 Like

When they did it in the US, some people looked to invest but i don’t know how that will apply in EVE. A rise in plex price perhaps, but it’ll stop when it’s over.

Skill injectors on the other hand…
Skill books for noobs…
Their first battleship or structure…

They’ve been selling ISK for years. It’s called PLEX.

3 Likes

Isk comes from player labour with plex.

This is literally printing isk.

8 Likes

Hypothetically it could be true, if CCP is using fake characters to buy back their own PLEX.

2 Likes

Now I can buy a :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Sales Tax reads 1.13% instead of 2.5% with Accounting lvl5 on buy orders placed.