The Like and Get Likes thread III

Machines will rule the galaxy!

5 Likes

Huh… people are talking about the convenience of downloading backups of all your Twitter content, remove Direct Messages and generally being ready for bad things happening to Twitter, from a network collapse to personal data leaks. :thinking:

Musk needs 1 billion a year just for loan repayments… but he’s on a crash course to owning a dead social network and having wasted 44 billion dollars.

Meanwhile i don’t even ahve a Twitter account so I can go sleep merrily ignoring whatever will happen next in Musk’s undoing. Nighties lovelies!

Also: at least they’re trying…

…but I’m definitely not sold on the idea of hypersonic air travel. It’s one of those ideas which didn’t die when its prime was past and just keeps going around fooling people into believing that they’re a good idea. But it isn’t. Nobody is paying for speed and those who maybe could afford to pay for hypersonic speed are a very small niche… and probably they’d rather fly a corporate jet with privacy and confort than be crammed into a sealed can made of exotic alloys just to be somewhere else on a shorter notice.

5 Likes

“Nine people can’t make a baby in a month.”

Wrote one of the best books to secretly leave on a project mangers desk.

Sad news.

5 Likes

Conversely, what 5,000 men built in 100 months, a single man can destroy it within 10 months… If Twitter lasts that much after being Muskerized. :bomb:

5 Likes

His book The Mythical Man-Month is still recommended reading at universities.

4 Likes

Look how it flies!

Also, how to make bottles.

5 Likes

There’s something magical about how glass goes from being soft and blowable to the solid clinging stuff we know in just seconds! Also love how the machine polishes the edge and the inside of the bottle neck so nobody harm his lips or tongue while drinking from the bottle… :champagne:

4 Likes

it would have to be an extremely unfortunate… situation

6 Likes

Well, it certainly has been unfortunate for Twitter employees. Not so much for their board of directors and their 50 million a piece severance package.

On the other hand, Elon Musk is showing his true skills, which are perfectly in line with how he became a billionaire by selling shares from the company which fired him for his technical ignorance and plain incompetence but later was bought by a bigger fish.

I always thought Musk was a charlatan, but what crossed him from my list was when I learned that Musk started the whole Hyperloop bullsh¡t to sabotage the Californian High Speed Rail. it is one thing to be a charlatan, and a whole another to be downright evil.

And now I’m going to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: back in the old times, pit beasts weren’t so picky…

5 Likes

Humans before and humans now.

5 Likes

Furries are one fo those things I don’t think about because they’re too freak to me. Not my cup of tea.

And now I’m off to sleep. I’ve had three annoying dreams in the last 7 days, 2 of them about the topic of being in a place I don’t belong, as if I needed some bloody reminder that I’m back at my parents’ flat without any foreseable way out to go back living on my own. Last night I had a dream in which Iwanted to go somewhere but couldn’t because the floor just had been mopped and was wet, and all my efforts failed to convince the clenaing lady that I should go elswhere and wouldn’t soil the floor because I was wearing only socks(?) and I didn’t cared to get my socks wet. But to no avail, the cleaning lady was extremely gentle and sympathetic but I. Could. Not. Step. On. That. Wet. Floor. and so was stuck wherever I was and couldn’t got to wherever I was supposed to be going.

Seriously, I could live without this carp going on in my sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: just a wind turbine in the snow

Accidentally last thursday was the last day I wore a polo shirt for this year, and probably temperatures will keep going down to where they should be in late november. This it’s being a freak warm year…

4 Likes

Have we gone too far with AI already?

5 Likes

Mars is like Cybertron. All is there are robots.

5 Likes

and then you woke up in the lab…

5 Likes

That image might cause me nightmares. And a bad memory of the more grotesquely disfigured woman i’ve ever seen. Imagine an old woman with a tight-ish sweater. Her boobs are the exact size and shape of a cantaloupe watermelon, and the sweater leaves nothing to imagination on that aspect. It’s just that those boobs are below her waist. They literally hang down there obscuring the belt holding her trousers, the sweater mercifully still hiding them. No, it was not a beer belly. It was two cantaloupe-sized, spherically shaped boobs below her waist, spread to 10 and 2 on the clock. They would literally slip and hang from her thighs when she sat.

And then was when I decided that I was done using that underground stop and meeting the weird people using it.

4 Likes

Gravity works constantly. Much of people change in physique is due to gravity and passing time in where gravity works.

4 Likes

superglue with ash Is like a cement that can be used to repair things. Good for saving some cash.

5 Likes

That’s a nice hack and porbably the best use for cigarettes ever!

And now i’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: wind turbine videos, round 2

This company’s system allows to rise the turbine to catch higher winds without needing a giant crane, which might not be available specially in locations such as this one in Morocco (Oualidia wind farm).

4 Likes

Insead of cigarettes, people also use baking soda.

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep, hopefully without dreams… last night I had a horror film dream about an alien lifeform spitting a pink goo that would chew human flesh on touch as if it was a disembodied mouth. No gory content in the dream but jeesus what a sick idea… nighties lovelies!

Also: no matter the situation, the EU bets on the ESA with a record breaking rise to ESA’s budget…

And one of the project thus funded is this absolutely sick test mission for this absolutely sci-fi idea…

Effin space solar power stations beaming wirelessly energy down to Earth. This was a futuristic idea back in the 1980s and now the ESA is gonna make a technological test of it?

4 Likes