The N.1 feature in Eve is

Fair dos.

1 Like

Why do you equate everything that doesnā€™t fit in your mental strength hierarchy scheme as "intellectually challenged, retarded, poor attention span, autistic ā€¦ " ?

May be a projection of your own problems ?

2 Likes

Nonsense, you block others because they talk such utter bollocks that theyā€™re not worth listening toā€¦

4 Likes

Mate just leave it, they just canā€™t accept others being able to disable their sole ā€œraison dā€™ĆŖtreā€ in this game, and ability to harvest tears and QQ by ā– ā– ā– ā– -talking ā€¦

1 Like

omg love french , it got hot here

1 Like

People always needed walls and distance to not be bothered by different, often oposing views from the rest of humanity. Without them we would all become crazy like that AI that was set up to learn from humans on internet.

Imagine millions of years of evolution and how it shaped how your mind works. It does have a block function already.

This is an internet game, not RL.

Internet = prone to shitters and anonymous shittalking.

Hence, the need and ability to disable them, ā€œen masseā€.

1 Like

These are the same humans, only more honest. Not bound by social contract.

That means they will express all the flaws in them more easily.

1 Like

Their own deeper flaws do stand out more, hence the requirement for others to be able to filter them.

Edit: Mustā€™ve blocked hundreds and hundreds of people by now, and a local free of stupid ā– ā– ā– ā– -talk, simply feels wonderful.

1 Like

What are you on about?

Please stop yammering or I shall be forced to not read your posts.

If only I could get everybody to live by my standards. Bwa ha ha ha!
Weaponized sense of moral superiority engagedā€¦

Worth listening to. You canā€™t rationalise away the emotional reaction required for blocking someone. Weā€™re not talking about spam and ads here. Itā€™s not comparable, unless you consider other people not to be humans as well.

Worth listening to. Howā€™s that defined for you? What happens, when you ā€œdecideā€ someoneā€™s not worth listening to? Does the one who you block go so strongly against your belief system of whatā€™s appropriate/correct/tolerable/acceptable you have to block him?

Do you honestly believe it is a rational decision youā€™re making?

Are you telling me, you canā€™t handle the utter bollocks coming from someone ā€¦
ā€¦ and thus need to block him, because you need to protect yourself?

Thatā€™s what youā€™re doing when youā€™re blocking someone.
For spam and ads, you protect your focus and your lifetime.
For people, you protect yourself from the input of others.

Require proof?
Unblock everyone youā€™ve blocked ā€¦ (of which people are hopefully still around)
ā€¦ donā€™t block anyone anymore ā€¦
ā€¦ and enjoy how thatā€™s going to go for you.

Youā€™ll notice you canā€™t handle it ā€¦ : - )

1 Like

Rubbish - itā€™s not an ā€˜emotional reactionā€™ - thereā€™s no ā€˜loveā€™ or ā€˜hateā€™ involved. Itā€™s just the utter tedium of the time wasted reading the same rubbish from the same people over and over againā€¦

Is your spectrum of ā€œemotional reactionsā€ limited to ā€œloveā€ or ā€œhateā€?
Could you please be less primitive and simple minded?
I know you can do better.

How is it not obvious to you?
You even call it ā€œutter bollocksā€.

Itā€™s ā€œutter bollocksā€. Itā€™s a strong word.
A short U, a double T, two short Os and a hard ending CK.

Itā€™s even clear why you used it. The ā€œutterā€ further underlines the ā€œbollocksā€
and despite it being in your face you rather insist on it not being an emotional reaction.

You block, because you canā€™t handle it.

We can go all the way up to ā€œfree willā€ and why your post facto rationalisation makes you blind to the emotional reaction causing your behaviour, if you want to ā€¦ or you can just believe me, because itā€™s coming from someone who knows better.

This is fun. I could do this all day!
Itā€™s too rare nowadays. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for this perfect example of the sort of ā€˜utter bollocksā€™ I was referring to.

3 Likes

Bots/spammers aside (whom I usually just report, but will temporarily block if necessary to clear up a channel), to this day, I have never blocked anyone on any of my characters. Not a single person.

Why?

Well, because I just find it more effective to kill them. And if I canā€™t kill them, because they refuse to play and just stay docked and talk smack, that means Iā€™ve already won, and the trash talk is just icing on the cake for me. And even if Iā€™m the one who lost, and am still being verbally ā€œabusedā€ by the enemy, I use it as an opportunity to channel their arrogance into a screw-up in the future.

So it really comes down to one consideration: are you blocking someone for practical reasons, such as because theyā€™re making a channel unreadable, or because what theyā€™re saying is not agreeable with you in some form, such as because itā€™s an insult, taunt, etc.?

The former is entirely justified, but the latter is indicative of your own psychological deficiencies. I used to be like that too, until I performed some introspection, and trained myself to face conflicting perspectives, and even emotional aggression, head-on. It was like finding a new source of strength; I became an unshakable castle in the wind. And the best part is that this synergizes really well with other learned skills, strengths, and virtues (such as, for example, formal debate and being able to deal with the risk of loss), multiplying the effect of each to make you a more competent person.

Can you block others to avoid getting frustrated or upset from having to deal with listening to something that you find disagreeable? Well sure, you can. Itā€™s probably not the worst response you can have, but it definitely wonā€™t make you grow and become better and stronger as a person. To that end, I even prefer it if big forum trolls arenā€™t silenced, because itā€™s so much more effective to publicly destroy them with an actual argument. If you just bury your head in the sand, then theyā€™ve already won.

I block all people except allies.

For the rest I donā€™t need further interaction other than:

1. Play spaceship maneuver games with them in a videogame cyberspace.

2. And for them to meet their end at the tip of my hot lazors in their faces, or vice versa.

Anything beyond that, well from experience, i see it as superficial, short-term, very often more toxic than not, and effectively completely unnecessary.

For real and open interactions with people, I go down the pub for a pint, or I go home and beat my wife (the kinky way).

Thats usually just a start of an argument. If you try to be reasonable they usually call you an idiot for something they disagree with.

today i insta poped a dude
it must be one of the best features of eve because it felt so good

Flying around in a space ship has to be the #1 feature in my book.