The Psychology of Stagnation

The benefit of the most…

and

Exactly…

Our emotions often simply stand in our way if a rational decision has to be made…getting rid of emotions solves this problem…

Is that the “most” you claim to represent, despite some of those people that you claim to represent telling you that you don’t represent them?

Our emotions often simply stand in our way if a rational decision has to be made…getting rid of emotions solves this problem…

You talking about rational decisions? Don’t make me laugh, it hurts.

2 Likes

I’m far more rational than you claim to be because I know that the mmog market has changed and a game has to adapt to it…

All that YOU want is to keep an outdated status because a change would be inconviniend…

Guess who is more rational in the eyes of a neutral spectator…

The thing is that Eve has always been on the fringes of the existing MMO market, it is, and always has been, a niche product. In those circumstances the need to change is a matter of opinion not rationality.

All that YOU want is to keep an outdated status because a change would be inconviniend…

You keep saying this, yet I am one of the people that you claim to represent, a highsec purely PvE player. The changes you constantly suggest won’t directly inconvenience me in any way and I still think that they’re terrible suggestions.

Guess who is more rational in the eyes of a neutral spectator…

I’d hazard a guess at not you. You’ve constantly failed to present a rational argument instead relying on rhetoric, ill informed arguments and self aggrandisement.

1 Like

By leaving decisions out of the hands of humans?

That’s the only way you’ll completely divest emotion from human decision making. You’ll also lose human ingenuity as well.

—Gadget usually picks the purple one - just because

1 Like

I know your game Gadget.

3 Likes

Don’t you get that we are already in that state?

Do you think f.e. a human decides if you get a credit card or not ?

Well think again…it’s the street and the town you live in and your creditable behaviour in the past…
Out of that a number is calculated by a machine…if you reach a number the answer is yes if you are below the answer is no…

Decisions are ALREADY out of human hands…

Welcome to the 21st century…

That’s not the initial stage of a credit card application, it’s the second.

The first is a human being asking themselves if they wish to apply for a credit card, ergo the decision is still primarily in the hands of a human being.

Logic isn’t your strong point, despite your protestations to the contrary.

4 Likes

You’re kidding right?

This is about the DECISION if you get one or not and not about the desire to get one…

Nice that you try to show my the flaws in my logic and stupidly fail in your yourself…

PURPLES MUST DIE!

1 Like

Nope

This is about the DECISION if you get one or not

Correct

Do I want a credit card is the initial decision, and this decision is taken by a human being.

and not about the desire to get one…

But this is the initial decision that needs to be made before a credit score is taken into account by an algorithm, without the initial decision there is no need for an algorithm to assess creditworthiness.

Nice that you try to show my the flaws in my logic and stupidly fail in your yourself…

But your logic is flawed, your example was

Do you think f.e. a human decides if you get a credit card or not ?

Is the person who asks themselves whether or not they get a credit card a human being or not?

Now if a credit card was to be issued solely based on the whims of an algorithm without a person applying for it, then you’d have a point. But, it’s not.

Therefore your argument is moot and your logic flawed.

Yes, because I (a human) need to decide to apply for a credit card to even get the process started.
I might have been targeted by an algorithm, but the choice to apply for a card or not is still in the hands of a human.

To demonstrate this - the ads for credit cards you receive as junk mail are designed to appeal to a person’s EMOTIONS.

The robot overlords are still just assistants at this point…

–Gadget has a decent credit rating

1 Like

Only a green would say such an atrocity.

–Gadget knows Purple is best

4 Likes

Guys, you really can’t separate emotions from cognition. They’re entangled together and practically part of the same system. There’s no point in the argument about it lol

1 Like

WHAHAHAHA

Wrong…

Those decisions are 100% automated these days…

Salvos, is that you?

–Human Gadget makes her OWN decisions

1 Like

Purple!
-sneers -
green

4 Likes

So an algorithm sends me a credit card without me applying for it?

How nice.

I call for this to be stricken, your Honour on grounds of irrelevence

1 Like