The real reasons player population is declining

This thread:

8 Likes

I am ethically confused about paying subscription to mine rocks.

2 Likes

1- welcome to EVE

2- EVE isn’t meant to be fair

3- see #1

4- I think it’s a pretty good simulation of what happens when you allow people to take (most) control over a certain environment.

I don’t know of any other game that can show rl politics with such details.

5- see #2

HTFU

7 Likes

The game is simply boring.

1 Like

Just my 2c

After 2012-13, CCP prioritized PvP and nullsec based on customer satisfaction and didn’t made enough to keep the less satisfied but majoritary PvE highsec demographic.

It turns that nullsec and PvPrs still aren’t satiisfied, but highsec PvErs have taken a serious hit in terms of population, forcing CCP to make the F2P move and yet that hasn’t stopped the decay of the game population and subscriber base.

3 Likes

Ftfy…

4 Likes

How is it attention seeking?

My foot is my alliance which destroys your toe.

OP is preaching self righteousness and really doesn’t understand both human nature.

Hth

2 Likes

You lack imagination.

4 Likes

I shouldn’t need a large amount of imagination to make a game fun to play. Nice try.

1 Like

Cliched as this response is, if you don’t find it fun, don’t play it.

I don’t find watching cricket fun, but you won’t find me on a cricket forum moaning about how boring it is.

11 Likes

That would be true in any other type of game. But the sandbox nature of EVE puts a lot of the burden of content creation in the hands of the players. Either EVE doesn’t appeal to you or you are incompetent at making your own fun.

4 Likes

I regretfully bought a years sub when it was on offer so that’s why I’m here. The time investment compared to the fun output is not balanced well at all. That is what makes the game boring. When you play any other game it becomes incredibly noticable. No need to get butthurt at me because I made a negative post, get over it.

??

Well adulted. Time put all childish games away.

–Gadget - still a kid inside

5 Likes

It’s not for me, but I am invested in the game which is the problem, and I don’t just mean because of the subscription.

Yes, I am the one that sounds butthurt :upside_down_face:

:rofl:

2 Likes

So I’m not allowed to reply to anyone without being butthurt now? Don’t be ridiculous.

1 Like

Tell us…
Were you mining? Lol

3 Likes

Nope.

Then what?