THE SOLUTION TO ALL THE WORLDS PROBLEMS! :-) CCP, CSM

This statement is objectively untrue.

Here’s what I actually wrote;

I think that you were trying to frame my argument as contradictory, however these points are made in separate sections of the article.

I’m doing two things here, I’m explaining why I think that the null blocks have been hesitant to go ham at each, mutually assured destruction tends to be an effective deterrent. I might be wrong in understanding their motivations and I’m ok with that.

The second thing that I am doing is contrasting the experience of the current wave of players joining the game with the experience of earlier waves of players joining the game. Nothing contradictory so far.


The below is a critique not a demand. I describe the missed opportunity as a mistake. I did not demand that it be included as a feature.

If mutually assured destruction is a factor in Null Bloc entities committing to war, and it may well be, what could potentially change that stalemate is the import of tools that provide a more nuanced approach, tools that allow for engagement and mitigation of risk. If one side believed that it could eek out an advantage, it might be more willing to commit it forces to war. The introduction of any system that aided in the establishment of such an advantage would very likely be the spark that sets the wheels in motion. Coalitions already attempt to sway the odds, why not give them a functional nudge?

Much later in the article I describe how such a feature might be implemented. Again I do not demand it’s inclusion.