The Tragedy of my first Venture

U should make a novel…“the care bear adventures” or “rise and fall of Brakes”… u have talent boi…
Btw u remind me of my ego. I never accept isk from others. I want to make things myself… just like IKEA… nvm
Fly safe

2 Likes

I dont believe for a second OP started EVE for the first time on 3rd of February.

1 Like

I never said that :stuck_out_tongue: I say I’ve done stuff before in the post

1 Like

Nice story, very entertaining to read!
Good luck with your future path in the game!

2 Likes

i did the same thing before … very optimistic because i locked the rat and told the drone to enggage them but forget to switch the target.

Real Rookie Mistakes that will cost a venture

2 Likes

The value of your article is much more than a venture.

3 Likes

Looks pretty fascinating when compared to another Venture loss…

4 Likes

Heh. Both threads should be required reading for new players.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that guy who lost a venture to quote “pay to win players”, then flew straight back to the exact place in a bigger and more expensive ship only to get angry when he lost that too :stuck_out_tongue: That was some interesting logic at play XD

1 Like

But sadly, those ranting posts got way more replies than got-it posts.

3 Likes

I think deep down a lot of people don’t want to see these people rage quit. Sure, there’s plenty of ribbing going on, but a lot of it comes with decent advice as well and its understandable that some of the more experienced players will take offence at being indirectly labled as “pay to winners” after putting so many years of effort into the game, so they’re going to scratch back.
I think the guy might have taken it all too personally though, both the ganking and the replies on the forum.

1 Like

That one isn’t that bad if you had seen the perpetuating ganking/bumping meta on this forum, which lasted for years and could go for hundreds of posts.

1 Like

Hehehe. That doesn’t surprise me. I played a bit back in 2014 before this and I learned in that time that EVE is not a game that will hold your hand and the community won’t hesitate to react to whining. If your ship blows up you did something wrong or you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, getting angry about it on the forums is like bleeding in a sea full of sharks. Plenty of other people have suffered the same thing and moved on without complaint, so they don’t want to hear it from you. Unless you write it in a very dramatic and well received post :wink:

4 Likes

Best thing to do in any gank situation is just to give them a quick gf in local followed by an o7 and get on with the rest of your day.

5 Likes

Welcome to Eve!

Thank you for sharing your story; I’m sorry to hear about Brakes! Hope that Newcastle is able to fill such big shoes that Brakes left. :slight_smile:

I still miss one of my early ships, my Arbitrator, that was with me through one of my first mining fleets where I even saw an Orca for the first time! Was an amazing time.

Keep it up! Best of luck out there!

3 Likes

Try not to get too attached to your ships, because they will die. Try to think of ships as tools to get a job done. No-one likes losing their tools, but a hardware store is never far away.

1 Like

Lovely story indeed. I am alpha and have been for a few months. Learnt a lot and experienced your story a few times now. If you ever come in Domain join our fleets we have some good moons and boosters and we can protect you from the rats while you do the hard work in a venture.

If you come my venture will not be so lonely and you can join our corporation.

I laughed a lot at some of the replies but yes ospreys are so ugly :joy::joy::joy:

Thank you for taking the time to share

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.