TIME FOR AN INDUSTRY UPDATE

Love the idea of Automated Transports. (although with restrictions).

I think the automation should consist basically as a “rent an NPC pilot” concept, and cost isk/minute and cargo insurance/collateral should be required and factored in. Perhaps start a courier contract and have one of the options be to “allow NPC fulfillment”. If no one accepts the contract, the NPC’s pick it up in a while, and charge accordingly.

Red Frog does a similar function, but tbh, at a vastly larger scale and isn’t appropriate for smaller loads much of the time. Basically, this would take some of the grunt out of the grunt work so you can focus on other things if you choose to.

Also, such an NPC would be an interesting target :slight_smile:

I doubt ccp will actually add functionality to the game though. It seems they are more interested in eye candy or events. Still, I’d like to see some creativity and acceptance of these type of game-play things that would benefit everyone.

What a great idea!

1 Like

This is why I was skeptical in my post about hauling capsuleers goods. I literally said it would put people out but the fact that the NPC haulers would be on autopilot would literally make it a boon to gankers or anyone willing to take the standings hit. So it would be quite the move to allow it imo. On the one hand you might get the goods there safely on the other hand you wouldnt. I also had issues with the free stuff given out in the haulers themselves even if they were only NPC goods nevermind capsuleer goods.
So if you cant read my misgivings in that then you didnt really read hard enough imo. The principle of charity should exist somewhat even in Eve forum discourse. But I guess thats too far pedestal to reach for.

Im all for things dying to players in any way shape or form, so yes I would want to keep a healthy risk/reward profile. The idea was more for NPC haulers hauling goods to kill which if its NPC goods usually its a pretty poor isk making venture. The diamond rat haulers, of which Ive killed my fair share in both high and null sec space, are an interesting exception to the rule that most are worthless and therefore not really good content.
I also fully believe that making it worthwhile to attack is a proper way of creating more destruction of player goods something the game wants and needs. Nevermind the isk sink, instead of the isk redistribution, would be interesting. I can imagine the cost to transport the goods would be of high enough value isk wise to make it… interesting. Then you add on the ability to counter such play. The smart would either haul themselves or contract it out to reputable services such as the Frogs or other haulers keeping them alive and profitable. Throwing a bone to the masses in exchange for other perks is what Eves all about imo.

They took away from me everything!

I mean you did start by demanding others to „reread what you wrote“.

It doesn’t matter if you had misgivings about your idea, you still proposed it anyway as a good idea despite that. You didn’t frame it as „here’s why it’s a bad idea“, you framed it as „here’s a good idea and my misgivings“.

This is not at all what eve is about. Otherwise I’d like you to throw me a bone into my ISK wallet, thanks in advance!

NPC hauler gameplay is so rarely engaged with enough as is and is not fun. Believe me I’ve tried NPC hauler hunting and have the skins to prove it. Adding more is not going to „be fun“ on any level.

You can get skins for killing NPC haulers?

Yeah they rarely drop Strongboxes which are how you get Industrial Livery skins for the Venture and barges and industrial command ships.

3 Likes

I think skinning a ship should be an actual physical act in the game. Like you have to equip a special module, and literally strip the outer layer of the target’s ship with it, which would give you a one-time skin that you can apply. Also, the ship you strip it from (assuming it’s a player ship) becomes “permanently scarred” and can’t equip another skin until it is repackaged (at the cost of potential rig loss).

Can even add some sound effects of the target ship’s Aura screaming as it’s happening.

/me licks knife

2 Likes

We cant make any changes until they tell the CSM (and the csm can only be nullsec blocks) with at least 6 months for them to be prepared. The rest you? You dont matter unless you buy plex and pay rent.

1 Like

Yeah… only applies to corps who are accepted…

Automated transports are a horrible idea.

There are already too many bots.

These would also directly compete with haulers making isk running contracts and drive actual players from the game.

So yeah terrible idea.

5 Likes

Why is this pro botting thread still open?

1 Like

Drones are bots too, just look at the Macro level where ships turn into the Drone!

Because we really are not.

We’re just connected to a server, bunch of data & pixels, where only a few people dictate the rules and mechanics for the rest of us, a bit like the dictatorships we live under now on earth and, just like on earth, you still have to pay for the privilege of being dictated to. Welcome to the future, same as the past.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.