Time for T3 "Mining Ships"

The Orca is made of capital parts, but has exactly zero capital ship related skills required to fly it (not even advanced spaceship command that the freighters need). Also, it’s using large rigs, so it’s closer to battleships than it is to to capitals.
Let’s just agree on the Orca is weird, okay?

Fair enough. It’s a weird mesh between a freighter and a mining ship. Lets leave it in it’s category of Industrial Command Ships which is basically the freak of nature that O.R.E. built. The oddity is that it doesn’t need that advanced spaceship command. I really think it should but I guess having no weapons and being smaller than a freighter makes it unnecessary.

A venture fitted extremely cheap with all t-1 mods will net you great ISK, one load can pay for the entire ship and mods + insurance, everything else on top of that is man gravy.

your eventual goal is a rorq to mine moons with. Mining a r64 with a mid yield rorq can net you over 3 bil a hour, then just keep adding rorqs.

You can do that but I guess I’m not that invested in the game to want to go big so that others can just destroy and have their fun as mining isn’t fun, the most fun I’ve had is, well I don’t know, researching.

There is also something called playing it smart and watching intel, along with a PANIC mod and home defense. Hell, nullsec is safer then highsec now.

I believe this to be true, but I don’t like the politics of dull, too many things to have to be involved with, like forced PVP, tribute, etc, but that may also be my fault, I haven’t really made an effort keep on joining corps, I wanted to go into a WH Corp but they weren’t interested in my goals of cap building because it invites people to PVP, in my thought that is the point isn’t it?

i would argue that you are on the right track but rather than t3 miners why not t3 industrials? just think about the potential mining/hauling/whatever…defense or something.

With all these new “expansions or Factions” being added they have pvp related ships coming out, why not the same for mining or better gear for mining or the ability to erect a forcefield around the mining field. As I write this there are a bunch of guys circling the mining field in tech 3 ships for a single covetor. Even an extra high slot for a cyno would have been nice. or the same stats like a venture to dodge the scram

37dd0002631aa1a5c707

This unofficial footage of a new T3 ice mining ship has just been leaked.

But frankly, I don’t see how one could make mining any more … relaxing … than it already is. The T2 mining frigates are cute, but I have no real use for them and I don’t need a T3 mining ship.

I’d rather see a need for more cheaper and weaker T1 mining ships with a bit higher yield to make mining more risky and thrilling.

If people really want another mining centric ship then it should be limited to a frigate for low-sec operations because we already have powerful mining ships in most classes. Frigate sized ships like the Venture. Cruiser size like the Mackinaw. Battlecruiser size like the Porpoise. Battleship size like the Orca. And finally capital size like the Rorqual.

However the frigates, in my honest opinion seem to lack something that makes them stand out. Right now there is a huge disparity between the Venture and its T2 cousins, the Endurance and Prospect. The Venture’s hull cost only about 350,000 ISK (median price) depending on the regional market you find them in but the hulls for the Prospect and Endurance have a median price of about 30-31 million ISK. There is no middle ground. It’s cheaper to get the mining barges than these T2 frigates ironically. I’m not sure why anyone would bother mining in low-sec with these things.

I would rather jump into low-sec in a venture than in an Endurance or Prospect if I want to cut my losses.

NO. NO. NO.

Just use a Rokh

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.