To all foreigners wanting to understand the Minmatar, happy Liberation Day

So let me just say by no means am I now some well informed outsider that understands the Matari perfectly. I can’t ever make such a claim, but I took these Liberation games as a chance to learn more about Matari society. I gotta say that in my short time of trying to immerse myself in their culture and history, I’m leaving the borders of the Republic with some new found respect. Not to say that I didn’t respect the Minmatar before, just that now I’m just a bit more educated than I was previously

Representing the Thukkers I put 1,200 on the board. No doubt there were more hungry contestants out there that most likely shot up past this mark, but having found myself finding the Nomadic lifestyle of the Thukkers to be inspiring, felt right to some some respect for them by putting in overtime to put another 600 points up on the board alongside the 600 they expected out of me.

I was awarded access to some tattoos of their design for hitting that first 600 point milestone and I found myself interested in wearing them, but I’m aware of how such things are sacred and will refrain from doing so for now. I’d had hope by putting more points up I’ll be that much closer to properly earning them as an outsider. Though I’m thinking I prolly gotta find some other ways outside the Games to earn them.

Regardless, I’ve enjoyed these festivities and felt it was both an educational and even lucrative time. Hope to see Team Thukker take the win when all the points are tallied up

3 Likes