Transitioning into Planet View crashes my client

I have 5 characters with 5 planets each doing Planetary Interaction and every morning I reset the heads and eventually my client will crash. It happens every morning when I do my PI. It never fails to crash at least once daily.

I would love to have this fixed as PI is supposed to be mostly passive but with as many crashes as I deal with, it’s becoming, “not worth it”.

Not to mention that with all the headaches of a passive income, being PI, we should be drawing more from these planets. With 5 characters and 5 planets each, I am not even breaking 2 billion a month. I can rat in a week in a VNI and make more than that and honestly, that is seemingly more passive than the crashing PI.

Why am I complaining about it not being passive? Because, if I had to keep doing the clicky clicks non-stop and still making chump change, then I would rethink my career.

I only do PI so that I can keep PVP’ing and not worry about ISK.

My setup: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-970A-UD3
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~3600 Mhz
BIOS Version: Award Software International, Inc. F4, 10/13/2011
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Time Zone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Total Physical Memory: 10,221 MB
Available Physical Memory: 7,538 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 11,821 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 8,028 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 3,793 MB
Network Card(s): 1 NIC(s) Installed.
[01]: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Graphics: NVidia 9800 GT 512 MB Memory

So the latest patch to PI has been a very nice change and makes actual setting up of networks a breeze. It also seems that my client is crashing much less now although it is still happening.

If anyone has any ideas on why my client crashes when I go into Planet View, please feel free to share.

I get the problem with one of my planets and it crashes on all my characters, you find any work around?

No workaround that I know of but I try different things such as go in different orders. The first planet crashes for one of my chars most of the time so if I start with the second one first then go to that one then it usually will work.

I have no clue what causes it but it seems to be getting better or I just have better planets now, idk.

This is still a headache and a reply from CCP on this matter would be nice. And by reply, I mean something I can do to avoid this such as set graphics settings to a different setting in my nvidia control panel or anything at all.

If anyone at all has a solution, please let me know. Thx

Have a such problem too.

No answer from Support over two weeks.

Trying to open planetary in diiferent order.

Only fix I have found is to use a different planet. It, for me, is planet specific. The problem planet is not always a problem but it is always that planet.

Just use planet in overview and go in planetary view.

Bug only in new menu

Not for me but thank you for your effort. Look at the date of this thread start. I had this issue long before the change.

I think it is only Temperate planets that are crashing. That is odd that it would be a specific type that does it but it’s been only temperate planets for all 9 toons for me.

Confirmed; Ever since I removed the Temperate planets, I have not had a single crash.

Finally i find roots of problem.

Just change graphic settings, and problem gone,

Now I’ve low/high/med/high/medium/disabled.

Geforce 1050ti

Glad you found the root of your problem but that is not it for me. It is literally only Temperate planets that crashed my client. Now that I don’t use them, no more crashes.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.