Trying to decide my Battleship for L4 missions (security, solo run))

Oh? Well that sucks. Tengu used to be really good at lvl4s/epic arcs, but it’s been since before the last subsystem changes that I used one for that. Too bad they got messed up.

Tengu seems kinda expensive for an initial mission ship…unless maybe you’re looking to entertain others with your lossmails…in which case…go for it!

agreed

Or if you aren’t really but just like cool stuff. :slight_smile:

This is the one thing I’m good at in this game. Stop giving away my secrets.

2 Likes

Most universal battleship for L4’s is raven navy issue with target painter and t-2 missiles.
Turret ships are way better but they have hard time hitting frigates when they get very close, so turret ships have to kill frigates first at range then finish everything else.

And if you want to spent more SP’s and ISK you can get paladin/golem combo, which works best for L4’s.

+1 for Battleship.

And something that has not been mentioned yet:

Fit an MJD (Micro Jump Drive) it´s your “get out of jail” card in missions. If you don´t know the missions and have rather mediocre skills, some missions can get a little bit ugly if you shoot the wrong ships and end up with a full stage aggro.

With an MJD you don´t have to worry too much about being tackled as mission NPCs always just use warp disruptors. This means if you get warp disrupted, but you think you will have to warp out you can just hit your MJD, make a 100km Jump and you are freed from tackle. A MJD also helps if you fly missions with long range guns. As it will allow you to quickly reposition.

With a little bit of practice you can even use it to get from one acceleration gate to the next rather quickly. While a MWD (Micro Warp Drive) can help with that too, the MJD does not come with a capacitor penalty for fitting it.

2 Likes

Honestly, it depends on your goal.

If your goal is speed-clearing for income, any battleship that isn’t a Mach will lower your income by pure virtue of travel speed. A cruiser is far faster in every way, while still having the damage and tank it needs to snipe the right targets and get the mission done quickly.

I forget where I saw it, but I remember reading about a couple of mission blitzing dudes comparing the one guy’s mach against the other guy’s T3C. It was very close. The T3C had a slower clear time, but it had faster travel. The mach shoots harder, but slower travel.

If your goal is to just relax and shoot some rats, I’d totally say a battleship. It’ll put out a far higher damage, etc etc.

This is probably closer to my own play style- thanks for clarifying.

Go Barghest. It’s really good if you fit it correctly. It can get 300km range, which is usually enough as long as your fast enough to keep the rats at that range. Be careful though, because once they get to like 30 or50 km your dead meat.

I ran L4s in battlecruisers for years. Never actually did an L4 with a BS until around 2014.

LOL… :facepalm:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.