Trying to make a 3 year collection goal

So I quit Eve a while ago because I got bored of the goal I was working towards and eventually just stopped playing.

Been thinking about coming back and I kinda want to give myself a completely different goal this time instead of just making isk for the sake of making isk.

I want to start collecting stuff.

The idea would be to eventually have one of basically everything I can realistically get my hands on. Mostly ships to begin with, then modules, drones, implants etc.

I’m not talking about literally every item that has ever existed because some of that stuff is either insanely expensive, no longer obtainable or unique. I’m not gonna pretend I’m ever gonna have 100T isk to buy every AT ship lol.

What I’d like to work towards is something like:

  • every T1 ship
  • every T2 ship
  • every T3 ship
  • faction / navy ships
  • pirate ships
  • mining / industrial ships
  • exploration ships
  • basically every normal non-capital ship
  • then T1/T2 modules
  • drones
  • ammo
  • implants
  • whatever other stuff makes sense for a collection

And eventually I’d like to start getting into capitals and some of the more expensive/rare stuff when I can actually afford it.

I’m thinking about making this a 3 year goal. I don’t really care if I have to grind quite a bit for it, I just want something I can actually work towards instead of getting bored again after a few months.

I’m curious what people who have done collections like this think.

How realistic do you think it is for one person to get a pretty complete collection in 3 years?

Would you start with all the cheap ships and work your way up, or focus on making isk first and buying the expensive stuff later?

Also, how do you guys actually keep track of something like this? Spreadsheet? Some kind of checklist?

Would be interested to hear how other collectors approached it and what you think would be a realistic end goal for a normal player.

Maybe this is finally a goal I won’t get bored of after a few months lol.

o7

2 Likes

Nice to meet you. I’m going to read that slowly in parts LOL. I’m pretty sure one of all the usual ships is only about 60 billion I forget even with the freighters and orcas. Get the capitals too man. They have some good intro graphics. And come on the bowhead is pimp. If you want to know where I keep my list of ships. I right clicked them and added them to a market quick bar folders. The best thing to do when you come back to game… Is stop doing the thing that made you quit and start doing the thing you always thought about before you left. I wish you the best so I want to share one more piece of possible advice I don’t know I could be delusional. Try not to work toward goals that are too far in the future. It’s good to have a plan but the best thing to do is to analyze what the problem is directly in front of you right now. And then solve it in the maximum way possible. If you discover in the process that the maximum way possible is outside of your field of probability… Then go with the next best option at max.

1 Like

There are some really well known collectors in EVE. This is “the one”: https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/the-great-collector

3 Likes

I will keep that in mind thank you

I have pretty much every cruiser, and quite a few destroyers, battlecruisers, and battleships…a huge collection but its across multiple chars. Gloria has all four T3 cruisers, trained to Level 5. Some of my chars only have one or two T3s, but have all the Triglavian ships…which Gloria doesn’t have any of yet. Because I’ve tended to spread out SP among chars in an account, its taken 4 years to get all this.

1 Like

How much isk did it cost you in total ?

Well, I think the easy way to start would be to purchase a BPO for every ship… There’s lot’s of players selling complete set’s in Public Contracts… You can then see exactly what’s needed, then get the materials and start manufacturing…

DMC
o7

1 Like

I don’t collect stuff, but I think it’s ‘cheating’ going only half-way. Saying things like ‘‘I want to collect all T1 ships, but I’m not going to bother with AT ships’’, or ‘‘I don’t have the money for the AT ships’’ – it’s nonsensical and it essentially means you are, in fact, not collecting stuff. The only hard part about collections is the expensive stuff. Getting ISK for it and chancing upon the right moment the really rare becomes available, that’s the effort you need to put in. Everybody in the game can collect every T1 ship when you exclude AT ships and other rarities. It’s nothing extraordinary nor is it collecting. Collecting is precisely for those rarieties. ‘‘Every T1 ship’’, ‘‘every T2 ship’’ will have to include those rarities.

So, if you want to be a collector, you need to include AT and other ultra-rare and/or expensive hulls in your collection.

When the initial goal is to collect every ship I wouldn’t say that starting with every BPO makes much sense, or is the ‘easy’ way.

I’m no industrialist but isn’t it far more expensive to get all the BPOs than to simply buy all those ships?

A BPO collection also is a nice goal though, but different to what the OP stated they wanted to get.

1 Like

Have you ever considered keeping the best 1v1 fit for every ship in the game? Keeping fitted fleets is nice when you use a Garmur to fly in between them. Follow me home baby… #BigBalla #ThikkChikksBiKDiKs

I’ve never bought skill injectors…though I have spend maybe 1 billion on accelerators and I also set my skill types so that ‘Charisma’ only has 17 points while all the rest have the points taken from it. My total value across all my chars is about 100bn ISK. I plead the fifth amendment on where that all comes from.,

1 Like

I’m trying to collect them all,

on my killboard.

:smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, it is. It is multiple times more expensive, in fact. A 0/0 battleship BPO, for example, costs 1.0-1.8b, whereas the hull is 150-200m. So, it is completely nonsensical to start buying BPOs to build a ship collection. 0/0 BPOs no less. 10/20 BPCs work just as well. But I would just buy the hulls as there isn’t a lot of margin there anyway.

1 Like

I’m doing the same. But for every ship, except that #@#$% 10 drone ship where there is only like 5 of them in existence.

(zero ai, zero assist)
Instead of investing in low return assets such as fine art to preserve wealth, what I Iike to do is reinvest back into businesses within the game and then run those businesses. This way I still get “all the stuff” and it serves a purpose which serves the community.

Eve is the only game that you can do this in such a scale. The development of a corporation is the most rewarding aspect of eve next to small gang and solo pvp between self-fitted ships to defend your corps’ honour. #gitonmyLvL

My mistake, I meant to say BPC’s, not BPO’s… And yes, get them already researched…

Personally that’s what I would do, even though I have the skills to pilot all Factions Sub-Cap ships, the OP might not have the skills to pilot them… Now if he get’s the BPC’s, he’ll be able to build them where he wants without any hassle… And since he wants to do it within 3 years, that gives him plenty of time to get most of the materials needed for those BPC’s…

DMC
o7