Turn off friendly reminders to stop replying to other people

Where can I turn that off? This is utterly annoying. Do I really have to hid this, too, with a browser addon? I do not need the forum to tell me when I ought to stop arguing, I am perfectly capable to determine that point myself. Nor do I need a forum to tell me to stop hammering someone’s ignorance into the ground when I have not yet conclusively determined that it has been shattered to bloody pieces.

If you followed the tutorial that you are provided by discobot when you register on the new forum you should be aware that on the bottom there is a button right under Bookmark, you can set posts to whether you track them and are notified, or not.
You can change how the forums react to your actions by going to your preferences<notifications, it tends to set every thing you post on as Tracking etc.

Those settings do not turn off the big blue box that tells me to stop replying a certain person after 4 times or that suggests me topics that usually have nothing to do with what I am currently typing.

1 Like

Oh you mean THAT box… Yeah I don’t know how to turn those off, but it hasn’t been much of an issue to me. Sorry

Yeah if you mean that annoying suggestive topic thing that pops up on the right side of the screen after one has typed a few words… I certainly would love to get rid of this so called new feature too… It is totally useless and I do not want to move whatever I am typing in to another subject posted elsewhere …

It is quite obvious this lousy feature is using key word scanning and again it is not wanted nor was it even requested … Added to which the damned thing has annoying feature that if you hit the X button, 20-30 seconds later it comes back … At least fix that and make sure once it has been “X” ed that it doesn’t come back again…

1 Like

Wow. You completely intimidate me, with the things you say here, and the passionate uhh… Badassery… You clearly embody.

I certainly hope that I do not ever get on the bad side of such a cold, steely-eyed Forum Warrior.

Please do not turn your powerful gaze upon me, sir, for you are the Reaver of EvE Forums, and if the blue box cannot stop you, then truly, God help us all.

2 Likes

What I love from that message box is the part about suggesting to start a private conversation with that person, whereas private messages are disabled for users. Yep. :grin:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.