Type_IDs utilizing a market group id

Been Banging my head against the keyboard since i cant do this in crest no more, so here we go!

Lets say I have a group ID… such as 157 for Drones… I want to return all the Item IDs for drones. What would be the best way to go about this assuming I already have the group ID? More specifically, is there an endpoint that will give me this information without me having to call on EVERY SINGLE TYPE ID and grabbing its parent group info?

That’s what the Static Data Export is for, I think. Not sure you can get what you want through the API.

Table invMarketGroups lists all the Market Groups.

Table invTypes lists all the items.

In invTypes, there’s a column named “marketGroupID” that corresponds to the marketGroupID in invMarketGroups.

Okay, here’s how you could do it through the API.

Get the info for the market group you want:
/markets/groups/{market_group_id}/

Part of the response is “types”, which is an array of all the typeIDs in that group.

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed that before 0.0 I do notice now that it only returns the types if its a bottom level group though, if i were to attempt to pull types for 157 i won’t pull any types at all. Guess this means i got some parent-child-sibling grouping algorithm to write!!! thanks for pointing that out

And naturally, if it’s NOT a bottom-level group, they don’t do something nice like list all the child market group IDs…

Maybe CCP views ESI as another form of PvE…

And naturally, if it’s NOT a bottom-level group, they don’t do something nice like list all the child market group IDs…

you can also open a feature request for this, if no one already did one. (and if there isn’t another way to list that)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.