Unplayable--unless your pvp hunting

I am talking about the hunters in this particular instance.

No, it does not, unless those who dock up as soon as someone enters does not actually exist. Yet there are people even on the forum who describe doing exactly that.

Can you try actually answering the question?

Once Salvos Rhoska enters a thread it will only be him vs 1 person for the next 40-80 posts time to mute post -_-

3 Likes

I dont believe removing/delaying Local will reduce feasible targets in space.

People will still rat/mine in NS, cos the rewards are so great and they need/want the isk/materials.

Its no more or less trouble in scale.
Bigger groups will need more scouts, smaller groups will need less.
It remains proportional.

I just did, I have a Vagabond in my ratting system with 13 killmarks and I have got on a lot more kills with it on people coming into system, yes I dock up, but then go and try and murder them in something suitable, the Vaga is perfect for it. 13 killmarks don’t lie mate.

No he said it would disadvantage hunters, you said it would unfairly advantage them.

As to an “informed decision” its clear that lack of Local intel means less information, and thus less to make an informed decision with.

That is already recognized, but the burden is shared by both sides,

Yes, so was he, and so was I.

Ah, wrong perspective. My bad.

You are an exception. You are not what appears to be the rule in renter nullsec. It is not actually answering my question, though, so I will try again differently.

I do not see a difference between having farmers have scouting alts sitting at gates, or having them watching local. In both cases they would just dock up and hide as soon as someone enters. There would be no change whatsoever in that regard, excluding wormholes of course.

That is what he, btw, who I was responding to, seems to always talk about.

I said it would make it easier to catch people because they would be able to get on them, whereas now they have to have someone being AFK, making an area or having bad luck.

His issue is that once in he has to decide whether he takes the fight or not based on what is in local, so he has an issue on deciding whether to engage.

They are different issues, so I can say one and agree with the other, especially as I do hunt…

You should not forget the context of my quote, please. Drac mentioned that he would only be active at times when his group was most active, which all the other times he is not available for PVP, which in turn means fewer people in space.

It does not remain proportional. While your numbers-based argument is right, you forget that bigger groups have these characters available, while smaller groups do not.

Big group hunters have the advantage, small group hunters do not. It is the exact same thing with the other side of the medal. With local as it is, however, everyone has the same advantages and disadvantages independent from group size and organization. That helps destruction more than favoring the biggest groups with the best defenses.

1 Like

It is all a matter of perspective, and I am not an exception, the vast majority of the people in my alliance do this, they react with glee when people come into our pocket hunting in anything that is not cloaky. You should see the blood lust…, it is damn scary…

You understand it very well.

Same goes for them.

Map data is a completely separate mechanic than Local intel.

No, it shows your ignorance of the fact that in absence/delay of Local intel, each group, no matter small or large, will proportionately to their size have incentive to watch their gates/system.

This is a false argument.
You weigh your activity with Local intel safety, as “good for the game” whereas it does nothing for the game at large except fill your own pocket with ratting isk.

Nothing prevents you from ratting with delayed/removed Local intel.

Kills your argument, since clearly you didnt need Local to enact that revenge, did you.

That is dumb, with local I saw them come in system and reacted, otherwise I would end up trying to fight them in a ratting VNI, which tends to end badly.

Have I said that I am prevented, it is more like would I want to outside of the main TZ of my alliance, whereas now I can by relying on my own attention.

It is, if you want to see many small entities in nullsec, which is my measure.

This shows your profound ignorance of the subject matter, big entities have a lot more resources, so all they do is use supers with a cyno on it and drop the hammer if anyone gets tackled and you do know taht nabbing a super has to be done with something that can hold it. Seriously think it through…

1 Like

TLDR: “Hunters should only be able to catch AFK players, as now.”
If that is your basis, man, that really stinks.

This is exactly what local is good for. Removed or delayed local will not improve this. The only thing it will do is give incompetent hunters more rewards which they do not deserve. EVE does not need more incompetent hunters for more destruction. What EVE needs are more people with Drac’s mindset who dock their ratting ships and undock in PVP vessels to fight opposition appearing in the ratters’ systems instead of cowering under their super capital protection umbrella or just stay docked in their structures.

That’s not true. Competent hunters can catch people on their keyboards just as fine.

1 Like

Larger groups typically have larger space, and more gates to watch.
If they dont, well, too bad.

Bigger corps > smaller corps.

This is almost always universally true in EVE.
Its not an argument.

False.
With delayed/removed Local, everyone still has the same advantage/disadvantage as everyone else.

It changes for EVERYONE, equally, as a sector wide change, in exactly the same way.

AFK, inattentive, make mistakes, was warping to the anomally, ratting in smaller systems with the anom on D-scan from the gate, there is a whole load of reasons why people get caught and to define it as just AFK is sad… My point is that if people do it right then they should be difficult to catch, I accepted that when I was out in my bomber yesterday, I did not get a kill as I lost my bomber trying to hold a Macherial, but he chaps did while I was re-shipping…

1 Like

It is very much an argument if you want to have more destruction going on in EVE. If you favor the biggest groups with every single mechanic, you do EVE no good. The only things you create are more useless scenarios like B-R or 9-4.

1 Like

Thats what they did too.

Up to you when you rat, and what precautions you take.

Delay/removal of Local intel blinds everyone, equally.

Local does not prevent that, as is.