Unplayable--unless your pvp hunting

That is already the case, and would continue to be the case even with delayed/removed Local intel.

Delayed local makes it a lot easier to catch people doing it right, it changes the balance too far in favour of the hunter, I will keep repeating it. A lot of people die now and good people on the ball tend to get away. Most times when you are caught in a ratting ship you die. I have saved a few people, but it is is damn difficult.

That will end up being the preferred option, think it through…, also you will push out the smaller guy trying to build up and make it more difficult for them to catch up.

No it does not, because of what I just said about supers with the ability to drop thr super hammer. I don’t understand why you do not get that…

1 Like

Or too far in favor of the defender against smaller groups doing it right because hiding your blob has become easier. One way or another, it does not make null sec any better.

2 Likes

That too, it makes hunting in Goon space especially difficult.

Favors everyone equally, as the change does not differentiate between corp sizes.

Everyone has corps around them that are either bigger or smaller.

Its a fact in EVE, that larger corps have an advantage, always.
Bigger fish eat smaller fish.

And to make it easier is that good game balance?

Alright, and with delayed/removed local they have even bigger advantages. Great job.

1 Like

That sounds good to me.
Do you disagree?

Should a caught ratting ship not die most times?

I dont agree. Small guys can watch their gates, fly cheaper and have contingencies in place according to their scale, same as a larger corp in proportion,

They can already do that.
This change doesnt change that.
If a larger corp wants to wipe out a smaller neighbor, they can do it now already with impunity, regardless of Local. They will simply enter with overwhelming force and wreck all your ■■■■. They dont need Local to do that.

No bigger advantage.
You only need one ship to watch the gate. Same as the larger one.

Larger corp might bubble their gates, and garrison them, but you still only need one ship to watch it so as to warn ratters/miners in system to safe up.

Doesnt make it any easier for anyone.
Just changes the paradigm from Local intel, to watching your gates.

As to aggressors, they share the burden by having to d-scan/search pattern to ascertain if targets are still in space/engageable.

Goons make hunting there difficult, because they have their ■■■■ straight and figured out.

Game mechanics are no different for Goons than anyone else, now or post-change.

And you again ignore the fact that big groups have these ships and characters available as useless alts, for instance, in skill farms, which they can easily put on gates and have bots report everything coming through. Smaller groups do not have these resources, which means that, as Drac and others are already doing, would leave their space empty most of the time and only have people active when they are active the most. This leads to fewer people in space to hunt. If you do not want to see that already taking place reality, I cannot help you. But your ignorance to this reality does not change the fact that no or delayed local leads to fewer people in space and thus less destruction. You missed your goal by a wide margin.

1 Like

Everyone can create an SP farm and have dozens of cheap, or zero-cost alts. Everyone. Every. Single. One. You. Me. Salvos. The guy drooling in the corner of the room.

Everyone.

You can, and you would have to. Which is such a great thing for CCP because they now force you not only to pay subscription to play EVE properly, they now also force you to pay extra money to buy skill extractors just so that you can have a scout sitting on a gate and watch it. It might just be me but I think this is utter bovine waste.

1 Like

And here we are. Hook, line and sinker.

First you say they lack the resources, now you say they can.

You do not expect being taken seriously, are you?

No, I do not expect to be taken serious by someone who apparently genuinely expects people to do what I just described just so that they can have intel. Forcefully requiring players to pay double subscriptions because some incompetent hunters cannot overcome an already destruction supporting intel system is ludicrous. I do not need this kind of person to take me seriously.

1 Like

Bots are illegal.

Proportionaly, smaller groups have enough resources to watch their gates as well while mining/ratting ops are running.

Again, this is nonsense.
If we are talking about less botters/afk ratters/miners, then so be it.
They are trash anyways.

I do not expect anything. I was simply addressing the line I have quoted, which was objectively wrong. Not only that, you then suddenly admitted that they actually can, negating your own point.

This makes me conclude that the only reason why you actually post is because you want him to tell you that you are right.

You know what?

You are right.

Disclaimer: I do not support Salvos, or anyone else, with my post.

No, we are talking about active people like Drac. If you only have bots in your area, you might want to report those.

Yeah, the policies say they are. The reality says they are widely used and barely prosecuted because CCP’s security team is understaffed. And if local was removed or delayed, so many bots would appear in EVE that it’s virtually impossible to get a hold of them.

Yes, while those ops are running. And the rest of the time these systems and areas are empty. Fewer people in space. You confirm our points every time you say these lines, which I am thankful for. :slight_smile:

I asked above how it would make an actual difference. What is the difference between bots docking up as soon as someone becomes visible in local, and bots docking up as soon as someone gets spotted by cloaked scouts at the gate?

Addendum: People like Drac would give a rats ass about it. The only ones who would be mildly impacted are those who are afraid of people who jump in through wormholes, which are the same people who cry about afk cloakers anyway. Big ■■■■■■■ whoop.

The difference is active people as well as PVE bots with a bot-supported intel system in a delayed local universe get their intel from these bots and can continue just like now, while hunters do not have the intel and do not see the bots reporting them. The difference between now and then is that intel is not universally the same for everyone any longer. Some parties are advantaged over others.

1 Like