Using macros for ratting - allowed?

what sort of ships to you rat in ?

Largely fake news. A while they back they “fixed a bug” that had been in place for years that made the burner ships tougher to take down and didn’t provide any notice, but that’s the only time I think that’s happened and the community got the word out and adapted quickly. Burners are a steep learning curve but are doable because of how consistent they are.

That’s true, but the loot drops aren’t how you make money from burners - they’re just a bonus, so it’s not really a big deal.

It will be a nyx

unfortunately, I don’t have experience flying Caps.

IIRC what is allowed is anything that does not make you acquire anything faster /lose less things by using it.

(searching for the source)

https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula-en/
6.A.1
You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

So, you can use macros, as long as it does not increase the rate of acquisition compared to not using them.

As I understand it, and as long as it is not automated,

• a macro that makes you : align target, wait 10ms, warp to target , would be legal (prevents your ship from stopping when pointed).
  • a macro that makes you, if you are in Jita and have Jita IV desto, warp to insta dock, then activate AP to insta dock, is legal(prevents to warp to Jita IV directly and get blapped on the 1000m to the station)
  • a macro that makes you align to safe and set speed to 70% is legal
  • a macro that stops your guns/apply modules and when stopped switch the munition/script is legal.

If you need to ask for a ratting nyx fit here you’re as good as dead

1 Like

I have one, but haven’t nyx ratted before so confirmation is never bad

idk, id disagree… i see 20,000 players usually using this system 24/7, the remaining 15000 that peak here and there is the actual count of people in the game lmao

1 Like

lol yea… thats cool.

fall under the rule of

Access to Bookmarks require multiple clicks with mouse/keyboard, whether it is through the radial-menu or the “People & Places” window

So if Im multiboxing four toons I cant have one button align them all at once? But its so cool when a fleet moves in unison.

I remember watching a guy do this with four or five rattlers in dixie years ago. It was always fun to watch his fleet move like a ship ballet.

No. This is not allowed.

Yes I know. The point of the post was talking about the days past when one person could make a fleet move like a well oiled machine and it was pleasing to the eye.

Gotcha :slight_smile:

I’ve seen that question asked in good faith, so just wanted to provide a response in case you were serious.

Can’t you still achieve that if you fleet up with all of them and as FC initiating a fleet warp?

I was talking about aligning as youre undocking. Four or five battleships all turning about to the same vector before blipping away.

Yes that’s what I was referring to. You can join fleet while docked and once all undocked you as FC initiate fleet warp. Though not much experience with fleeting so I might be wrong.

I can not understand the position of CĐĄP in this issue

This means that you do not have the right to use macros, I have keys on the keyboard that can perform several actions when pressed. The mouse has a double-click button, and I think it works with a clearly defined interval.

None of the RPG MMO has a rule that prohibits the use of firmware for keyboards and mice. for playing Lineage 2 I bought a Nostromo N52 keyboard and i can’t use it?

The rules are clearly spelled out

You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play.

I do not get any benefit from using a macro, I just speed up keystrokes on my client, without interfering with server procedures. Or I take off the routine of pressing V

At the moment, keyboard and mouse stores with Oscar or the Bloody software are found in a huge assortment, it’s time to keep up with the times now.
now not 2000 year when having a keyboard with macros was the top of the dreams of young players. since it cost an average of $ 400.

Build a system of protection that will fight exactly with the players who receive profits from macros, bots and other individuals.
But to down all under one template simply because you can not fight bot programs is not a way out of the situation.

I would definitely appreciate macros being more permissive.
Had an arduino keyboard project on the backburner for a while, and binding some QoL macros would be awesome.

I don’t multi-box, but are you saying multi-boxing is now also no longer allowed?