Version 18.10 - General Feedback

Yup, after so many years not touching this needs rework.

be honest, the “old drone” area is hurt,No agent in Space,No “regular equip” collection,Alloy It’s not here for a long long time. And now there are no minerals. LOL

1 Like

…I’m struggling to figure out why the chat window colors aren’t back to normal, at least…

2 Likes

As much as I can understand based on the Resource Redistribution Update thread, the problem was that some high-level ships (Rorquals) had high ore yield that were easy to gain absurd amount of ores without bothering with the rest of miner using barges.

And instead of nerfing the ships in question to solve the problem, they decided to nerf the entire mining…

Doesn’t that sound similar?
Or this one:

As much as I can understand based on the Quantum-Cores-thread, the problem was that some NS Alliances had placed many citadels without bothering with the rest of LS and HS.

And instead of nerfing the NS in question to solve the problem, they decided to nerf the entire citadel system…

Next would be:

As much as I can understand based on the XXX thread, the problem was that some high-level ships (supers, Dreads in WH) had high bouty ticks/blue loot that were easy to gain absurd amount of ISK without bothering with the rest of mission runners.

And instead of nerfing the ships in question to solve the problem, they decided to nerf the entire bounty/loot/mission system…

5 Likes

It’s already happened with the trading broker system.

According to their blog, they conducted a survey in which many players put a legitimate game mechanic (playing the .01isk game) in the same category as RMT, botting and cheating.

So what did they do? They nerfed the entire profession because some people were not good enough to market PVP and keep their orders on top …

Did the fix the problem? No. Everyone creates a multitude of low volume orders now, and we still play the keep-your-order-at-the-top-every-five-minutes game. Yet everyone has been affected.

2 Likes

CCP has a long history of very-heavy-handed responses to issues in the game…

3 Likes

Null should have no bounties, but should have some product that is unavailable anywhere else.

Maybe there is big sign in their office.

“Who replies to community, will be fired”

1 Like

Been tried, it was that way in the drone lands for years… almost no one lived there.

2 Likes

The actual answer is you didn’t understand the whole issue and therefore drew wrong conclusions.
I suggest going back and reading it again not looking for a single answer but all the possible reasons and impacts.

Because bounties were in other parts of null. When all of null would be bountyless, then everyone would switch to the other resource replacing it. There would be so much less isk flowing into the game. Invasion sites is example how it could be done.

I’m not sure isk in the game is the problem they are trying to solve–or they are reading it wrong. Years ago they released monster mining ships and a backward ore belt spawning system that added nearly unlimited minerals to the game exactly the opposite of what should have been programmed. Than you add capital T1 ships which to build the hulls take nothing other than those same mins pulled from the same systems as the mining. The isk value doesn’t much matter is such an ecosystem–the entire ore to ship could be done in the same constellation an usually was done by the thousands upon thousands of caps. With recent changes as least those resources and ship production are forced to become part of the larger economy of eve.

The recent changes are the ones they were announcing, but they also wanted to change how bounties in null work. So I think they will make them more like invasion sites. Loot is majority what you get in value, that can then be used in many things. The content being a fleet content with pay at the time when site is finished, and it is dependent on amount of participants, with it being diminishing amount if more people take part, or small amount when only one person completes it. There are no bounties in those sites.

maybe, but you can make a 10.00 Cal Navy corp standings, 5.00+ Cal faction standings alt without tanking its Gal standing to -5 to -10… I think what the seller in this case didn’t advertise is that it likely a tag-farming toon.

isk in the game is the problem

After DT not the best time to mine for me, but i did to check, have you actually seen the amount which is in these belts?..not much, not worth my time. imo.

Tough gameplay is fine it you get a half decent reward, which imo dont exist atm.

Not sure if this is the right place but i get weird FPS management when Multiboxing since this patch. Also confirmed that its not G-Sync and I didn’t update my drivers. Problem persisted after updating system. Oh now that i think about it, there was the big Windows Update, maybe has to something with that, im on Windows 10 2004 Build 19041.572.

Please fix the tiny right-click menu font already

I like the idea of having the invading npcs coming through the wormholes in.
I like the idea of it being challenging to get into Pochven.
The dronelands is a big place for the null WH’s to be distributed and the residents have become cagey about going into Pochven WHs or anywhere near them so the links aren’t getting made and it’s a low traffic area at the best of times I reckon. At least if each system was linked to a constellation it might be manageable on tht end. Doesn’t seem like there’s any High or Low sec access in at all any more, that would definitely show up on zkill over the past couple days. WH residents are probably getting cagey about exploring the Pochven holes too since the outside guard response is so strong. It’s real quiet in here, no WH’s means the rats can’t get in, unless we go upset the jovians, and that doesn’t turn out well for anyone unlessswe wanna be picking up alot of spread-out Trig corpses. (They’d maybe have more of a chance if their squads moved together vs opponents kiting them) . I guess I just want to be reassured that there’s some mechanic other than “wait til someone stumbles on an entry WH” in place, a mechanic to locate the hole that I might be able to figure out. Real pretty in here though, just real quiet.