Version 18.10 - General Feedback

These highsec/lowsec wormholes are still spawning:

oh, i was only searching triglavian antities, awesome thanks

1 Like

But hey, at least those of you already in who can take gates can now kill everyone’s stuff without them being able to get in to defend! Yay!

That’s pretty boring, unless they can get it to an abandoned state first.

That was an entirely sarcastic yay :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, yeah, text and sarcasm. I am so with you.

Though depending on how hard it is for those groups to get in, they actually might run out if loaded fuel and become abandoned.

CCP, could you tell me why I should pay you to play this game if the lag is so bad that I can’t actually play it?

It’s so bad that I’ve given up for now.

1 Like

Why not leave a freedom of choice to capsuleers?

Like font size in client, font brightness in chat. This could be easily configurable and not hard-coded. EVEryone could pick their choice and be happy. Why hard-code so many things/options in EVE?

Hearing the sun at 4 AU distance is kind of irritating

1 Like

Exploratory planning for establishing a new primary civilian stargate link is said to have begun but there has been no public commitment from the Amarr Empire or Caldari State as yet.

Interesting development. I hope we get some new gate models for this connection. After all, thousands of years have passed since the current gates were constructed, there have to have been some design developments since then.

Make sure you still have your passwords! Losing a password is tantamount to character death these days as the anti-DDoS software breaks up the communication necessary for recovering an account. One of mine is permanently gone despite several days with GMs offering the same fixes and then sending a fix I am unable to use, a manual verification code I have no way to enter.

Obviously, I am shutting down. I have one account to transfer a char and some assets before it expires, and the rest don’t matter. They will go alpha, and I will log in twice more to send them to Doomheim.

Yes. How dare CCP have security measures in place, let’s blame them for our own forgetfulness. Great idea!

It is hard to say if the original creators are still there, They don’t appear to be. Just like the fonts issue, “Here is YOUR font. Live with it.”

I don’t think they are the same folk. Much of the legacy code is in Python or PyPy and the new developers (if there are new devs) do not seem to understand the language. For example,

a, b = b, a #in Python means swap what the variables mean, regardless of variable types and attributes

Such a statement would break C++ or Java, and I think the new crowd probably grew up on Java.
I have noted a great amount of rigidity in the way things are done, which have little place in Agile and no place at all in Async development doctrines. Anyway the concentration on management’s pet projects to the exclusion of fixing real problems is enough for me to pull the plug. I no longer have much reason to login and I never did buy in to the Trigs vs EDENCOM, thank goodness.

So, I had a good run of fun for 8 years, but it isn’t fun any longer.

Not really hard.
They are. Hilmar is the creator.
Now are original devs who did various code parts there, of course not. But the original vision creator is and if anything we are actually returning closer to the old vision now. EVE of old was harsh and uncaring.

"CALLING ALL MINERS AND INDUSTRIALISTS"

In light of recent changes "NERF" to industrial and mining operations’ in high sec and low with the recent redistribution of minerals, this is having an adverse effect on players making industry in high sec practically worthless as a point of game play.
I ask ccp what was the point of industrial upwell station in high sec when you you have 1 given them practically no defences.
I ask CCP why did you allow moon mining with exceptional minerals then remove them telling us you would replace them and yet didn’t and left high sec mooning with minerals primarily to be used in low sec.
I ask CCP why did you damage the mining and industry in high sec to such levels that small corporation’s will now struggle to meet demands
I ask you CCP why are you trying to mimic real life events when people play to escape away from real life events.
I ask you CCP why you blatantly lie to your players and put up false advertising “your advert clearly states join eve and be anything you want in our vast universe sandbox” what it should say is "Welcome to eve the vast universe where you can be anything WE want you to be, play our lag festered huge battles where you can be constantly lagged or disconnected be in a huge corporation as small corporations are not tolerated by CCP and will be nerfed out of existence. by CCP
Yes CCP we understand your need to balance things within the game especially with all the new content you have thrown in some good some bad but surely removing minerals from regions is a pre lack of insight on CCP’s part

I call on all miners and industrials to take action and make a stance cease all mining and industry first i call for a 1 day “STRIKE” followed by more strikes increasing by 1 day until all previous action taken by CCP are reverted
second let all you’re accounts revert to alpha state to show how unhappy players really are
This can only be achieved if all players take a stance new and old we want EVE to continue as a great game we want to see more players drawn to eve not pushed away by taking the fun out and making the game a chore.
"So come on people lets make eve great again take a stance and revolt"

1 Like

Can you let me know where you won’t be so I can mine the hell out of it and earn your isk!

1 Like

lol…

Can I have your stuff.

Our industry is doing just fine.

well let me see if I’m on strike that would mean I’m not mining so anywhere would be fine

Give it time i take it that you have stockpiles or are well setup and can afford to buy material’s you need i have some stock but when that’s gone i am not looking for more at this time i just dont fancy taking my industrials to low or null to mine what i need and most of my stock is for what i need not for resale i only have billions not trillions