Version 19.01 - General Feedback

This fit seems to do pretty well on paper. cap stable @ 70% while repper is not in use, 10 minutes while it is.

[Paladin, Mega Pulse]

Reactive Armor Hardener
True Sansha Heat Sink
True Sansha Heat Sink
True Sansha Heat Sink
Corpum B-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Corpum B-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Corpus X-Type Large Armor Repairer

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Shadow Serpentis Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
Large Micro Jump Drive

Mega Pulse Laser II, Scorch L
Small Tractor Beam I
Medium YF-12a Smartbomb
Medium Rudimentary Concussion Bomb I
Bastion Module I

Large Energy Collision Accelerator II
Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Hornet II x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Warrior SW-300 x5

That might work for High Security space. In null where the sites can be quite hard, a cap stable fit is a must. Seen too many people think that an X-Large shield booster that reps a billion hit points is going to save them loose their ship because it only does three cycles before they cap out.

Have to admit that is going to catch people off guard. The same thing happens with the armour repair skills, that 5% per level faster rep fails to point out that its more cap usage as well. If only CCP did the same thing that was eventually done with the reactive armour hardener and put on a cap usage reduction.

Rate of Fire is always a nerf vs a Damage bonus, since it just causes a ship to chew up more munitions.

Look at the typhoon fleet vs typhoon regular. Fleet has damage, but typhoon regular has ROF and a explosion velocity. On paper fleet is more dps, in practice a regular does more damage due to the CCP missile formula hurting application on moving targets.

Ideally the typhoon fleet would have the damage and the explosion velocity bonus, but no, that might hurt the appeal of stuff like the Bargest.

Honestly, the bastion module should just be changed into a mid slot and all the highs should be free for weapons, nobody sane salvages with their ratting ship anymore, that’s just silly.

3 Likes

Hello CCP, I’m not seeing an increase in rate of fire for the Rapid Heavy Missile launcher on the Golem when Bastion is active. Is it a bug or that doesn’t count as a Large weapon system?

1 Like

Hey baddie, google eve probe size and get educated. You use to be able to rat in T3’s which were actually unprobable.

If I can find Tom’s Shuttle, I can find your marauder.

4 Likes

Hey,

Current Mac iOS Version
when eve open in a small sized window (not full screen) and i switch
from safari to eve there randomized freeze eve then always in a time spawn from 10min
must close eve and can start it again

thx for Help
Mario

p.s: sry for bad english not may fav language

OMG I won’t be able to see anything around most gates if thats the new bookmark icon…

wtf is a wubble? Screenshot_121

2 Likes

A probe for interdictors that does a one time aoe burst of web effect after waiting a few seconds. Largely useless in it’s form on release and largely useless even with this buff (except maybe webbing a whole battleship fleet into warp).

2 Likes

web + bubble = wubble

some wanted to go with webble but it seems wubble stuck. wubble a bit… too similar to bubble (if the start of the FC’s voice gets cut off on comms, esp…).

1 Like

sry, was my proposal :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just wanted to stop by and thank the Developers for a job well done.

I had to put eve down in 2012 when my daughter was born. I was going hardcore with 4 accounts. I consolidated my 3 best to one account and went inactive. I could not afford the time.

The announcement that Marauders were being looked at came at a time when the newborn phase was ending, She would be a toddler by the time I was done training Vargur. I had been in love with that model since the first day I learned how to link items.

I trained up, sold the Mach, and never looked back. The Vargur was lackluster TBH. But then some balances were made, and I took the time to train into all 4 Marauders. I have been enjoying them ever since. I actually got up off my lazy butt and learned a little bit of Perl scripting to keep track of Marauding income.

And then I logged into Twitch and saw Hateless Gaming running A Paladin in an Angel mission. What in the actual golly goshing heck, I thought? Turned on the sound and learned about the changes. I had to pinch myself and wait a 2nd day to make sure it wasn’t reneged.

So thank you from the bottom of my cold bittervet trawling heart. This is the best update since Apocrypha in my humble opinion.

3 Likes

I wonder how successful this new “Fleet Up” feature has been so far.

2 Likes

It was successful in making me check the box to not see 50 random unwanted fleets overloading the fleet finder.

5 Likes

Is the Paladin capacitor nerf of -25% cap size +50% turret economy but double rate of fire (i.e. double cap usage) really intended by CCP as the nerf it is? It just lost 25% cap, with all the cap regen/drains implications that entails.

2 Likes

You’ve flown the Paladin and think its been nerfed?

Seriously?

3 Likes

It’s not a straight up buff and people may need to adjust their fit. That’s a terrible ‘nerf’ for some. :yum:

2 Likes

Heh heh. Yeah, I remember the thread where you and a few others all showed your ideas. :wink:

I like wubble! I just think it might sound like -ubble on comms a lot, and make the Sabre pilots go (FC sez bubble? … or wubble? ;D)

Anyway, guess that’ll just lead to more content, so. :wink:

I started in 2013 (at Odyssey), so Apocrypha was before my time…

Best update in like 10 years, eh? Hm… all us marauder pilots might be tempted to agree. ;D

1 Like

Can’t tell if sarcastic or serious. Liking either way.

1 Like