Version 19.01 - General Feedback

It is not dangerous to get it to a DED at all. You can easily just shove the marauder into a capital and jump it to your desired system.

Yeah sureā€¦ just ā€¦ cyno a cap around, and thenā€¦ have a Fort in every system? Totally risk freeā€¦ 300mil cynoā€¦ and then you get scanned in your Marauder on your way to the next gate when you lose all that sensor streght so in the end the mid/lowslot did only buy you a few seconds to still get scanned in the end or you leave your DED and hope the combats didnā€™t cycle before you got into warp and you jumped a cap around ā€¦ likeā€¦ Marauders are not OP, this is such a niece use and jumping a cap around as a suitcase its extreme effort, requires a 2nd toon or a Fort/POS in all systems, you are better of with a T3 still, which makes the Marauder not OP.

4 Likes

^^ this is bait

1 Like

If you cycle your guns only half as often as you previously would have, you can achieve the same dps as the pre nerf version but with better cap performance, almost as if this was actually a buff not a nerf.

1 Like

Its not supposed to have an effect, its a version number.

ā€œAssault Damage Controls:
Duration reduced by 25%
Passive hull resist bonus reduced from 30% to 25% for Tech I and from 40% to 30% for Tech IIā€

Itā€™s no wonder that most of the fleets you see are non committal kiters these days. CCP is constantly nerfing any plan that relies on tank and encourages / net buffs sniper wet paper bags.

3 Likes

Pushing HACs to a less mobile AB-based role in the meta is a perfectly fine balancing decision but it really hurts the class overall to remove a defining role bonus and replace it with nothing. With really only 1 HAC standing out in the meta (Muninn) it seems overkill to cleanse the entire class with fire.

1 Like

This is what I do, and if your recon pilot can fly the Marauder, the recon pilot stows the cyno ship , gets into the Marauder and warps to the site while the Carrier Cloaks in a safe. Hard to find the Marauder (simply watch d-scan for probes, bastion if you see some, donā€™t take gate in DED if you see them) and impossible to find the carrier.

Iā€™ve been doing this for years with my DED running Machariel and with the new deployable cyno, it will get safer (the deployable cyno will of course introduce a new cost to running, but thatā€™s business for ya lol)

You do know you can probe for his drones, wrecks, and other things, right?

You cannot probe wrecksā€¦

2 Likes

ccp folks

character customization is STILL BROKE @ finalize step . just says your being prepared and finalize button does nothing
secondly i have a gallante toon and it has caladari as bloodline and description . reported this numerous times with numerous screenshots

1 Like

Hey Sam, thanks for letting us know. The issues are fixed for a lot of users but still rolling out for others. Sorry for the inconvenience, the bugs have been squashed but we have to be precarious with distribution of the pesticide but itā€™s coming.

Why are you awake at this hour?

Itā€™s 10:40AM, why isnā€™t everyone?
Also we just had a 5.5 earthquake here in Iceland, whoā€™s gonna sleep through that?

8 Likes

Umm yeah that not how that works. Pre change you could shoot and rep while being cap stable due to your significantly larger capacitor size.

With these changes you LOSE the significantly larger capacity size as it replaced with 50% less capacitor use on your guns. Yet you guns cycle 2x faster.

So recap. You use to get a massive capacitor. You lost that with this update. Your gun shoot 2 times faster which mean you use 2x more capacitor yet they gave you a 50% cap reduction bonus with you gun at max skill. The literally equates to you losing your massive capacitor bonus. This mean you mathematically got nerfed. Got numbered on. Equation out. Pooped on cleverly by CCP.

I would have to do the math but even if it was a damage bonus vs rof bonus and 50% less capacitor usage on guns, that would probably still be a nerf. Just not as bad.

4 Likes

Not trying to sound rude but I donā€™t understand what this has to do with anything I said.

AB Ishtar perform remarkably.

Golem has TP bonus when cycle time is 5s and fire rate is about 3.5s ???
It will kill me

Just wait until you find out that Command Bursts have longer durations than cycle times
jackie chan

1 Like

your character is old enough to know better than your statement. HACs were useless before their absurd buffs that made them completely overpowered on the only real fleet doctrine that turned eve online into hacs online.

FYI, HACS dont brawl. they are primarily used because of their mobility and the ADC only gave them enough time to trade at range. Muninns rely on speed and alpha. eagles rely on range. Neither of those are brawl doctrines. Neither of them are particularly kitey, but both use their ability to avoid incoming DPS one way or another.