Version 19.01 - Known Issues

кто вообще сообразил ввести такие изменения?! как теперь сохранять координаты червоточин? и на какай черт нужна анимация прохода в ворота?
даешь Жита берн!!!

Bookmark bug is quite a bad one!! Please hotfix it as it’s quite game breaking not to be able to properly bookmark stuff.

Thing is it hasn’t, yes it has a bugged feature, however the client itself still runs, it doesn’t delete system files (lol boot.ini) and its not causing system crashes, bugged yes but given that its not a client or PC breaking bug it will have passed QA and been pushed to the release cycle so they can then work on fixing said bug for the next release, which will likely be tomorrow

I think you’re missing a point. This is not JUST a missing feature. The missing feature is essential. I will not log in until this ■■■■ is fixed.

Doubt this is something that can be hotfixed, would require a new client build, a hotfix would generally require it be a serverside issue which can be fixed on the fly, a client patch would be required to fix this as its the client not showing a prompt

Thats fine, but that won’t change that the client passed the general QA process and it won’t speed up the fix which won’t be until they push a new client patch which is likely to be tomorrow

Its not ideal but thats the way it goes, guess i’ll just play some star wars today instead of poking around in Pochven :stuck_out_tongue:

This has been the way for years.

It’s why I usually (when I have the time) return my probes to centered on the sun and 16 AU when I’m done scanning in a sys before manually recalling them or jumping/docking/whatever, so they’ll be at about where I expect 'em next sys.

If they launched focused/centered on where you actually are, that’d be great. Especially for scanning the sig of the WH you just jumped through without having to move a thing.

1 Like

6 Likes

Well you could post in the features and ideas section to have a toggle for if you want them at the last location or centred on your ship, although its probably not something that would end up high on the list

Because its a known issue, it will be addressed just not today

Actually they should fix that today. I don’t know what they have to do, that needs to be fixed on this fracking spot.

Make an entirely new build of the client with the fix in place assuming they know exactly what caused the issue to appear in the first place and then QA it as per normal before releasing it, which is why the fix won’t be pushed today

+1 wh’er need quick fix!!!

1 Like

are you going to fix this, or it will remain as part of the release as known issues?

6 Likes

Apparently this is just a question of manpower, start working on it then @CCP_Dopamine , you had time since 28 Jan.

The fix has been made in code and has been tested. We are still working on moving the fix into the right branch and creating a client build for it. If everything goes fine, then we’ll aim for a client patch later today.

As it was mentioned: Yes, the bug was reported form Singularity (thanks very much for this!) and we filed an internal defect back then based on the bug reports, but unfortunately we did not give the defect the attention, which it should have received - which is totally on us. :frowning:

17 Likes

“client patch later today” sounds very fine <3

No biggy, since it’s the first time.

Oh, wait…

5 Likes

I’ve posted about a few things in there, yes, such as a one key drone assist to last assist target, or an FC-set thing in fleet that just says where drone assists will go by default.

This one… nah, doesn’t make the list. Like I told the other guy, there’s a good enough workaround for most scanning, scanning the hole you just came through is the only pain point.

And as Tipa Riot said, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature (for combat probing, at least), so…

Yeah, a toggle on the behavior would be great. But same could be said for the gong/new target gone animation, the red dot, etc. etc. Most new tweaks just don’t get a toggle by default.

:::thanks Bob every day for the new map/old map toggle, at least:::

2 Likes

Of course, they have the option of rolling back to previous client to allow normal play until the fix is sorted… unless they deleted the back up already :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like