Version 19.02 - Known Issues

Clients don’t need to be even minimized. 3 clients without minimizing any but docked station/citaldes in different systems with limit active sounds selected is using roughly 35% - 90% of my cores. i7 8700k @ 4.8 GHZ all cores. 32gb memory and Msi suprim X rtx 3080 so shouldn’t be my computer at fault. Ticket number 1525913

1 Like

I click jump on a gate off grid, it warps me to the gate at 0 and it just sits there.

I am also experiencing high Eve client CPU load. It fluctuates but single client sits at around 20% of AMD Ryzen 7 3800X utilization even when just sitting docked (not minimized).

2 Likes

Local chat losing connection? This is still a problem. Some days it worse then others meaning I can go jumps at times and NOT load any of the systems in between for a period of time at times is the worst.

Seeing high cpu usage for all clients whether they are minimized or not. All seem to be running 15%- 20% higher

1 Like

R&D agents are no longer showing any information at all on their “show info” page.

I cannot say CPU load has increased, for me it seems like GPU load increased. game is lagging when multiple clients are running, less than 30fps when I had 60 yesterday

LOL! While I was writing the sentences above game cpu load from exefile.exe went up 100%, from 35-70% cpu load. 5 clients docked doing nothing.

1 Like

Not just when minimised. 4 clients, ships docked, doing nothing now using 100% CPU. Could run 4 clients previously with no stuttering or lag, even 2 more on the test server on occasion… now even typing in chat lags. Minimising does not reduce CPU load, which remains 100%.

1 Like

Well, after missing out on $200million from the PA purchase, CCP thought they’d do some bitcoin mining on your CPU to get some more money instead.

2 Likes

This seems to be a bug that was carried over from 19.01 and for me it has gotten worse as well.

After taking my first gate jump, the stargate ambient sounds keep playing indefinitely in the background. Until today, docking up would usually clear it (until taking the next gate that is) but with 19.02 today that no longer works. Now, the sound is there all the time, even when docked.

For the time being I have turned off the “atmosphere” sounds in advanced audio settings.

1 Like

I’ve also started having issues with a loud buzzing noise from stargates that stays after warping/docking. I only started getting it after todays patch, don’t recall it previously

Yeah, CPU and GPU usage shot up pretty bad. Luckily it’s not springtime here quite yet, so computer is just off-setting the heater.
Running 3 clients on main display (no minimizing), along with EvE-O. All docked up with external citadel view on. In a wormhole with nearly no ships in space.

i7-10700K - steadily >40%, 4 cores being consistently at >70% utilization, and consuming ~60-70W
nVidia GTX 1080 steadily at 60% utilization and oddly a bit warmer than normal at 50c - So my case fans are cranking more than they normally do playing EvE.

Is their a work around this Im unable to run my toons due to higher cpu usages and gpu usages, Runing my 10 miners is pretty unbearable due to lag.

1 Like

The game and Pochven in particular eat 20-30% more CPU than yesterday.

It’s a single thread going 100% probably looking for a debugger (for dev use or anticheat purposes), i.e., someone goofed the build.

Program is SysInternals’ Process Explorer.

5 Likes

But we Fleet formations… Great job CCP…

Cpu - usage like 100% for my i7 6700k it even triggers it to go into over clock mode 4.18 gz

Gpu usage on 3 clients in space 100% - core temp ramps up to 86c - never like this prior to patch

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine A tempory fix is to restart your pc Im in testing stage at the moment , although im running 8 clients now and cpu and gpu load is low - nope still spikes virtually 10 -15 mins later gpu load for one client docked is 80% - Gonna cause hardware failers if people use for prolonged gaming

Can confirm increased CPU and GPU demand running 4 clients.
Had 4 disconnects today with one of the four clients at random. Was already pretty close to loss mail…

Good that I have already switched off emergency warp…

From purchase… PA? What is it? Sorry just missed last news and vant find any of this in my internets.