I think they shipped the wrong build.
Overall I am between happy and very happy with the changes and new Mining Arc-let (after it was fixed in the first couple of hours, lol, that was chaos - fun, but complete chaos).
However, as a rl Geologist, mining Viscious Pyroxeres was so much more fun than Pyroxeres III or whatever it is now. I guess that’s a change that will not be reverted =( Shame.
I also don’t like all these extra noises - being deaf, it upsets the dog, and I cannot figure what is wrong with him, until I see people complaining in forums. My sound is low or off by default, but updates change things.
Live support in the many Mission 1 new mining sites was appreciated, CCP bods, and while beta-testing should have been a mass-test on SiSi, not live in the first hour or two on TQ I posit … I still enjoyed the bugs and 40-odd miners trying to hack an empty data can. Maybe just cos I didn’t see needing an analyzer (was it even there in the instructions initially ?), and warped off to get one. Have tried three more times, and finally bugs are fixed apart from not being able to see mining hold contents. If that even is a bug.
Will report any other feedback as I use the new stuff more. o7
Why does the transparency reset, every time I start up eve?
One of the feedback things I have for CCP: Your ore renaming is not only bad but it is also awful English. If the writer has English as a second language, I have some forgiveness for, but this still should have been double checked with someone who’s native language is English. It’s basic QA that even you should be able to do internally.
You do not, in a logical English sentence, say Veldspar 3 Grade, because it makes you sound insane. You either say “Grade 3 Veldspar” or “Veldpar Grade 3”. The only time you’d say it in the order that you have it is in Veldspar 3rd Grade, and even then that is still inheriently incorrect, as you’d say 3rd Grade Veldspar.
If you needed to reclassify everything in the game ore wise, why did you not just use the Veldspar naming convention for the improved densities? It’s a clear increase in what is actually there in the material, and whilst you’ll miss the “Rich Plagioclase” and the like, at least everyone who has ever mined in EVE knows that Dense = 10%….
Tootin’ around with the mining UI changes so far; got some feedback:
- Overall positive, but only slightly.
- Would really appreciate a checkbox to set the Scan Results Window to open automatically upon scan.
- Scan Results Window has a good bit of wasted space in the header and footer that could be cleaned up with a compact mode.
- Removing the flavor of ore variants detracts from the experience. Part of what makes EVE enjoyable for me is having things to learn like what the old wormhole states meant or which flavor of a specific ore type was higher yield. The asteroid icons on the overview already clearly indicated when an ore was basic or Grade II, III, or IV. Effectively what this name change has done is strip-out flavor to provide redundant information. Look at the delightful work that was done not that long ago for the grade names of Ytirium and the other “rare asteroid belt” ores. That’s effectively been thrown-out now. This change in particular is a disservice. There’s nothing this name change accomplishes that a quick note in a tutorial couldn’t accomplish while still preserving the flavor names. There should be elements of the game which reward players who engage with the fluff & the show-info panels; things for new players to figure out & feel good that they now know. “Under the Asteroids” just doesn’t feel the same without a hold full of Azure Plagioclase.
- Love the “health” indicators on the asteroids, the indication of ISK/m3 (absolutely essential concept for miners to learn), and the rough estimate of ore quantities even for rocks outside of proper range.
- Noticed that depleted asteroids no longer remove themselves from the “Scan Results” window. I foresee this causing some consternation in contested mining situations like nearly-depleted ice belts.
- Sofar have had one crit cycle. It was more of an “oh, that’s nice” than anything meaningful. Not significant enough for me to really care about. Mining is about ISK/unit time over the long haul; not jackpots.
TL;DR: Mining changes not bad. Some great; a bunch of meh, not bad over-all. CCPlease checkbox to make Scan Results window pop-up automatically with scan. CCPlease compact mode on Scan Results window. CCPlease restore flavor names for ore grades.
Nope can’t handle this ship sudden change of view and the slide to centre of the screen when docking. Looks like a trainee programmed that, Ill pop back after an update if not thats me lot. Its irritating me that much and being an old codger coming on to “relax” life is to short to be irritated.
Messages in space and UI settings get reset every time on login.
When warping and landing in belt. There is now a Forced…………..Forced…….Landing animation………..You are not serious……….
I can appreciate the creativity…………please……Please………..PLEASE………Put in the option to turn just odd Features like that off.
(So correction from my part……after working with one of my corpies found out that dynamic carme needs to be turned off).
Did Any of your new Eve Players turned CCP personal not just give a single QA run…………Just Once???
Hey,
I have try multiplasmid on mining laser. But if you try reprocess just look in screen, you not receive special craps abyssal. Just minerals.
I think it’s are bug.
Seriously, the Noctis should be able to equip the Expedition Command Burst (because of the salvager charge)
And it should have been the one with the bonus to salvager drones
Most mistreated ship ![]()
trying to run multiple clients on one computer right now is running like ass with eve online now when I click on the cargo button and space on my ship it only shows my ship cargo bay but it doesn’t show me my other base like it used to which totally ■■■■■■■ sucks alt tab to another client doesn’t work I have to minimize a client I currently have selected wait a minute to 2 minutes to be able to do anything under the new client and it doesn’t always work the interface takes a while to load or the game stops responding and the game ran fine before this update
the most annoying thing is clicking on the cargo button and not being able to see all my cargo hangers
pochven is now the dorito map, very cool
only works on mining holds for any ship.
I think the new naming convention is dull and flavorless, but from the perspective of, e.g., searching for something on the market, “Plagioclase IV-Grade” lets me punch “plagioclase iv” into the search bar and find what I want. I suspect that was the rationale behind the weird syntax.
Dont need or want a banner poping up everything i warp to something ![]()
and it sure as h*** dont need to make ANY sound ![]()
The sound when entering a mining site can be adjusted using the UI sound level slider. Would it be possible to adjust this sound with another slider like Atmosphere?
Also the sound of the minig surveyor, instead of adjusting it with the UI sound level, would it be possible with something else like Ship Effects, Ship Ambience or Secondary interface?
So far my overall impression of the expansion is very positive. I love the Pioneer. It looks so damn good and it’s perfect for my mining mission and gas huffing teams. I also greatly appreciate the mining mission art and balance passes.
But -PLEASE- for the love of God….make mission ore immune to mining criticals OR make that crit remove the ore from the rock. After a few missions I see it’s going to be a problem. Mining missions already take long enough, crits are making them longer. All the ore still has to be mined, which means any “magic” ore from crits just makes it extra time to complete. On top of that, I end up with bits of mission ore I can’t do anything with. Less intelligent players are just going to clog up contracts with waste ore. Who thought this was a good idea?
You made mission ore immune to residue, make it immune to crits or drain the ore faster with the crit. Don’t create mission ore from thin air.
CCPlease
/Miss Stardust
The Odysseannus
I was delighted admiring the Odysseus in its ship tree preview, when suddenly, rotating to its rear view, where should have been a hatch or some other sophisticated device, there was a shiny, chromed sphincter; the designers put it in the only place where it could be identified as such, even at an inclined angle for better expulsion of excrescences.
Maybe it’s my twisted mind, but I can’t get over it.
All personal themes are gone! I want them back please!
Playing on Mac OS X.


