Wallet thousands separators - , or space

Why do some players have commas as their thousands separator while some have only space?

I.e
100 000 000 ISK
100,000,000. ISK

Why does not everyone have the same?

because in different parts of the world decimal separator can vary: in some countries its “.”(point) in other its “,”(comma). Thus thousands separator also vary to not confuse the 2.

1 Like

Ok but some incl myself dont have any at all. Wallet that is.

Its like this:
100 000 000 ISK

No point or commas

Because in some countries like France, the separator is… space :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now crystal clear.
So basically it depends on where you live, game adapts to that.

Thanks all

It gets confusing for decimal separators too, countries that use a comma to separate thousands tend to use a period for decimals, countries that use the period or a space to separate thousands tend to use a comma for decimals.

1 Like

Humanity needs universal separators for numbers.

1 Like

universal clock: 24-hour one instead of atrocious am/pm.
universal metrics system…

6 Likes

Joys of being an army brat, I learnt to tell the time with the 24 hour clock; also metric and imperial simultaneously.

1 Like

The two most common thousands separator and decimal separator is comma “,” and point “.”; while most english speaking countries they use “,” as thousands separator and “.” as decimal separator, most other countries have that switched around.

The thousands separator is just there to make numbers easier to read, especially if it very big numbers, other than that it serves no purpose. It’s the same as when replaces certain amount of 0’s from a number and putting a letter in instead; like how 1000 can be written as 1k and 1000000 can be written as 1m and so on…

1 Like

1kk…GBTW :wink:

1 Like

1 mio. Dont forget that.

1 Like

That’s not even the weirdest of the digit separators. India, for example, uses the crore and the lakh, which means that you would need to figure out if buying 500 PLEX for 10,00,00,00,000 ISK is a scam or a deal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.